Tulane tears apart the paper panthers 42 -14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks for the graphic R.


JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:30 pm

It was obvious they called the wrong number when they called McCleskey for holding. We all knew that, but the announcers, and a couple of posters kept saying he had back to back penalties, which clearly was not the case.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Well as I've always said you can't impart tone on the internet so your post came across as just another one that wondered how he could be called for that when it was obvious he wasn't.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 2095
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am

Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
swampnik
Surge
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:29 am

tpstulane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:32 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 am
anEngineer wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:06 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 am
Hall Ball:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 74458.html
Now we have a daily countdown 🤦‍♂️
Quarterback Justin McMillan, who transferred from LSU a year and six days ago, could do no wrong.
LOL. Good one.
The story about the game on the AAC website (of all places) contains this jewel: McMillan, a graduate transfer from LSU, completed 14 of 18 passes and was not intercepted.
Unreal.
Add the Miami Herald to that list 🤦‍♂️
https://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/coll ... 21007.html
FIU’s defense could do little to stop Tulane quarterback Justin McMillan, a graduate transfer from LSU who completed 78 percent of his passes against the Panthers.
And completion no. 15 was called back no less.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:23 am

Calm down. This “miserable” Tulane fan is ecstatic. I listened to this game at 5am while in Europe and literally called everyone I knew bouncing off the walls following the win. My comment was (mostly) in jest as people in the off-season several people had mentioned hall as being one and done or the heir apparent.
greenie78
Surge
Posts: 691
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:23 am

nawlinspete wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am
Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
To save him for the rest of the season.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:32 am

nawlinspete wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am
Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
We scored 42pts and you’re complaining? Troll on.
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm

Show Me wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:32 am
nawlinspete wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am
Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
We scored 42pts and you’re complaining? Troll on.
Its been a while since I've posted or read this or the other Tulane board (consistently) I had forgotten about this troll.

And if he is not a troll he doesn't get football. Dauphine is not a 15-20 touch guy.... especially in the first game of the season.

(And its been said to death but i have to add) anyone know how much eligibility this blackwell guy has? Dude is a beast. Making the mistake once or twice is one thing but when the color guy makes a point to say BRADwell.... and im sure someone in the headset said the same..... you just have to throw your hands up and say that the guy is an idiot.

Speaking of Hall leaving for a 'bigger' program (that could double or triple his salary) is kind of a good thing. If bigger schools aren't trying to get your coaches it means your program is not very good. It is no secret that Hall is an Ole Miss fan and coaching there is probably a dream.... however if he were to have taken the job (OC at ole miss) and the team doesn't do well the AD could clean house. I work with an ole miss alum and a good portion of the fanbase did not like the Luke hire. Hall probably saw the state of ole miss figured he could coach at Tulane for a year or two (have a couple of good seasons) and drive up his future salary.

I don't think Fritz is afraid of searching for a new OC if the program is coming off three consecutive bowl appearances.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm

Dupergreenie wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm
Show Me wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:32 am
nawlinspete wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am
Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
We scored 42pts and you’re complaining? Troll on.
Its been a while since I've posted or read this or the other Tulane board (consistently) I had forgotten about this troll.

And if he is not a troll he doesn't get football. Dauphine is not a 15-20 touch guy.... especially in the first game of the season.

(And its been said to death but i have to add) anyone know how much eligibility this blackwell guy has? Dude is a beast. Making the mistake once or twice is one thing but when the color guy makes a point to say BRADwell.... and im sure someone in the headset said the same..... you just have to throw your hands up and say that the guy is an idiot.

Speaking of Hall leaving for a 'bigger' program (that could double or triple his salary) is kind of a good thing. If bigger schools aren't trying to get your coaches it means your program is not very good. It is no secret that Hall is an Ole Miss fan and coaching there is probably a dream.... however if he were to have taken the job (OC at ole miss) and the team doesn't do well the AD could clean house. I work with an ole miss alum and a good portion of the fanbase did not like the Luke hire. Hall probably saw the state of ole miss figured he could coach at Tulane for a year or two (have a couple of good seasons) and drive up his future salary.

I don't think Fritz is afraid of searching for a new OC if the program is coming off three consecutive bowl appearances.
Duper- agree with most of what you say there. Dauphine a 15-20 touch guy. We got better last year when we bumped his carries to that level in the last half of the season. He won't get that many this year because of the stable of backs we have. He didn't get it Thursday night because we were holding back on some of our offense.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:56 pm

winwave wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:47 pm
Dupergreenie wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:37 pm
Show Me wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:32 am
nawlinspete wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:21 am
Why is Dauphine only having his number called three times ?
We scored 42pts and you’re complaining? Troll on.
Its been a while since I've posted or read this or the other Tulane board (consistently) I had forgotten about this troll.

And if he is not a troll he doesn't get football. Dauphine is not a 15-20 touch guy.... especially in the first game of the season.

(And its been said to death but i have to add) anyone know how much eligibility this blackwell guy has? Dude is a beast. Making the mistake once or twice is one thing but when the color guy makes a point to say BRADwell.... and im sure someone in the headset said the same..... you just have to throw your hands up and say that the guy is an idiot.

Speaking of Hall leaving for a 'bigger' program (that could double or triple his salary) is kind of a good thing. If bigger schools aren't trying to get your coaches it means your program is not very good. It is no secret that Hall is an Ole Miss fan and coaching there is probably a dream.... however if he were to have taken the job (OC at ole miss) and the team doesn't do well the AD could clean house. I work with an ole miss alum and a good portion of the fanbase did not like the Luke hire. Hall probably saw the state of ole miss figured he could coach at Tulane for a year or two (have a couple of good seasons) and drive up his future salary.

I don't think Fritz is afraid of searching for a new OC if the program is coming off three consecutive bowl appearances.
Duper- agree with most of what you say there. Dauphine a 15-20 touch guy. We got better last year when we bumped his carries to that level in the last half of the season. He won't get that many this year because of the stable of backs we have. He didn't get it Thursday night because we were holding back on some of our offense.
Well I don't see him (just my opinion) as needing that many touches because he should be used after blackwell (i might call him that all year now lol) and hudderson kinda pound it then throw dauphine at the defense.

Can we agree on this? How great is it to have such a stable of backs that we can 'debate' on when and how to use them? I know coach Hall also likes Booker as a weapon.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm

Actually we do agree. I said he won't get that many carries a game this year because of that good stable of backs we have.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm

winwave wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm
Actually we do agree. I said he won't get that many carries a game this year because of that good stable of backs we have.
Unless I read it wrong you said dauphine is a 12-15 carry guy i don't think he should be. Either way how awesome is it that Tulane has this amount of quality depth at RB?
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm

Our stable is full of very talented running backs. "Blackwell" has a burst of speed you don't expect from a guy his size. Dauphine is a track star disguised as an RB. Jones has moves that are crazy and a burst of his own. And I haven't even gotten to Booker, and the Frosh (Spears?) McMillan is a serious threat, his TD run was a thing of beauty.

It's fun to be a Green Wave fan for a change!

ROLL WAVE!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:57 pm

Dupergreenie wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:07 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:58 pm
Actually we do agree. I said he won't get that many carries a game this year because of that good stable of backs we have.
Unless I read it wrong you said dauphine is a 12-15 carry guy i don't think he should be. Either way how awesome is it that Tulane has this amount of quality depth at RB?
Duper= I was responding to your initial post which said " he wasn't a 15-20 carry guy". I was simply pointing out that he was capable of it as he had been for most of the last half of last season. I also said he wouldn't be getting that this year because of our deep stable of backs. If we had injuries he could though. We absolutely agree that it's great to have this much quality depth. In fact right before the season a long time LSU fan told me that Lanard Fournette was rumored to be transferring to Tulane. I told him that wan't going to happen because we so deep at RB that he'd just sit here.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2346
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:00 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm
Our stable is full of very talented running backs. "Blackwell" has a burst of speed you don't expect from a guy his size. Dauphine is a track star disguised as an RB. Jones has moves that are crazy and a burst of his own. And I haven't even gotten to Booker, and the Frosh (Spears?) McMillan is a serious threat, his TD run was a thing of beauty.

It's fun to be a Green Wave fan for a change!

ROLL WAVE!
Great summary D. No doubt Will Hall is a capable and innovative OC, but we also have a ton of offensive talent. With our offensive talent, Hall won’t just take the first P5 offer he gets—it will have to be a major program before he leaves our stable of studs.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:07 pm

JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:25 pm

As I predicted last night, McM is player of the week in the AAC.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19029
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:41 pm

More Zion pub. Yahoo Sports:
Zion Williamson went to a Tulane football game and made a lot of friends
https://sports.yahoo.com/zion-williamso ... 34370.html
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm

Paper panthers lost at home to W. Kentucky.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Online

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm

winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm
Paper panthers lost at home to W. Kentucky.
Yep, with FIU playing @ Miami and an 8 pt. favorite. Final score: W. Kentucky 20, FIU 14.

Yet, our OL & DL play last night against a top tier SEC team shows me we are for real as a true AAC contender this season.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8182
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Wave755 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm
Paper panthers lost at home to W. Kentucky.
Yep, with FIU playing @ Miami and an 8 pt. favorite. Final score: W. Kentucky 20, FIU 14.

Yet, our OL & DL play last night against a top tier SEC team shows me we are for real as a true AAC contender this season.
Outside of UCF, there's not another team close to the talent level of Auburn. We showed that no team in the AAC should be able to run on the Wave, barring injuries. As bad as our offense looked, our D is the real deal.

We need more out of the QB position than we've been getting. McM was great week 1, but bad last night. And last year, despite the record, he was not even mediocre. We need a true D1 QB.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3380
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Online

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:03 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:37 pm
Wave755 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:26 pm
winwave wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:00 pm
Paper panthers lost at home to W. Kentucky.
Yep, with FIU playing @ Miami and an 8 pt. favorite. Final score: W. Kentucky 20, FIU 14.

Yet, our OL & DL play last night against a top tier SEC team shows me we are for real as a true AAC contender this season.
Outside of UCF, there's not another team close to the talent level of Auburn. We showed that no team in the AAC should be able to run on the Wave, barring injuries. As bad as our offense looked, our D is the real deal.

We need more out of the QB position than we've been getting. McM was great week 1, but bad last night. And last year, despite the record, he was not even mediocre. We need a true D1 QB.
I was happy with our OL play as well and its pass protection for McMillan. McMillan had more than enough time on most pass plays against Auburn’s much celebrated DL, he just missed a lot of throws that were there.
Post Reply