2020 Football Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:41 pm

Yep same with Scott Kushner. 🦠

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Surge

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am

Draftkings sets Tulane over/under at 5.5

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/4/ ... ohio-state
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:17 am

Ruski wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:41 am
Draftkings sets Tulane over/under at 5.5

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2020/4/ ... ohio-state
Same as last season
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:55 pm

Tulane goes 12-0 wins the AAC championship game, and then turns down a Rose Bowl Invite
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Ruski
Surge

Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:39 am

SELA W
@NW
NAVY W
@Miss St
@HOU
SMU
@UCF
TEMPLE
@ECU W
ARMY W
@TULSA W
MEM

There's your 5.

I give us a 50/50 chance @NorthWestern, Miss St, @Hou, SMU, Temple.

I'd take the over as long as the season is played.
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:24 pm

golfnut69 wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:55 pm
Tulane goes 12-0 wins the AAC championship game, and then turns down a Rose Bowl Invite
+1,000,000 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm

SELA W
@NW
NAVY W
@Miss St
@HOU
SMU
@UCF
TEMPLE
@ECU W
ARMY W
@TULSA W
MEM

There's your 5.

I would add Memphis at Yulman to that group of 50/50. UCF away is going to be very tough
DfromCT
Green Wave

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:38 pm

I just hope we play the damned season. I'm dying without sports. Heck, I'd even watch the NBA at this point.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Ruski
Surge

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:08 am

Bicoastalwave wrote: ↑
Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:26 pm
SELA W
@NW
NAVY W
@Miss St
@HOU
SMU
@UCF
TEMPLE
@ECU W
ARMY W
@TULSA W
MEM

There's your 5.

I would add Memphis at Yulman to that group of 50/50. UCF away is going to be very tough
Oh for sure. Especially with the coaching change. Actually probably better chance than @HOU, @Piss St, Navy.

Just a lot of talent and those boys have won a lot in their 3 years. Another year where 9/10 wins is as likely as 4/5, lots of close games.
DfromCT
Green Wave

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:24 am

Oh for sure. Especially with the coaching change. Actually probably better chance than @HOU, @Piss St, Navy.

Just a lot of talent and those boys have won a lot in their 3 years. Another year where 9/10 wins is as likely as 4/5, lots of close games.
It sure would be nice to turn the corner and win 9 or 10 this year. Do we get the QB play needed to do so? Do we get teased once again? The "historic back to back bowl victories" talk has gotten old. We need to take the next step and play in a decent bowl game. Going .500 and beating a team nobody cares about in a bowl game nobody cares about is not moving forward.

Lets ROLL!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:47 am

DfromCT wrote: ↑

It sure would be nice to turn the corner and win 9 or 10 this year. Do we get the QB play needed to do so? Do we get teased once again? The "historic back to back bowl victories" talk has gotten old. We need to take the next step and play in a decent bowl game. Going .500 and beating a team nobody cares about in a bowl game nobody cares about is not moving forward.

Lets ROLL!
It would be nice. It will take more than 9 or 10 wins for us to get to a decent Bowl game based on the league tie-ins. I think there are some changes to that coming up but not sure when . For now the only Bowl we can go to that is noteworthy is by winning the conference and getting the NY6 slot.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:28 pm

winwave wrote: ↑

Lets ROLL!
It would be nice. It will take more than 9 or 10 wins for us to get to a decent Bowl game based on the league tie-ins. I think there are some changes to that coming up but not sure when . For now the only Bowl we can go to that is noteworthy is by winning the conference and getting the NY6 slot.
I'd take a 10-2 season, which would not get us the NY6 game, but could potentially get us a matchup versus the highest rated SEC team not to make the SEC Championship game (LSU?) in the Birmingham Bowl. I don't think we're ready to win the AAC, and to quote a fellow poster "Show Me".

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:28 pm
winwave wrote: ↑

Lets ROLL!
I'd take a 10-2 season, which would not get us the NY6 game, but could potentially get us a matchup versus the highest rated SEC team not to make the SEC Championship game (LSU?) in the Birmingham Bowl. I don't think we're ready to win the AAC, and to quote a fellow poster "Show Me".
D- I'm not sure where you get the third highest team from the SEC being in that game. They get the 9th best team and have to go elsewhere if the SEC can't fill that slot. In fact the last three games haven't had an SEC team in it. We agree that we don't appear ready to win the conference. We'd need the offense to explode in Hall's second year and the defense to return to its 2018 form to have any chance to do that.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave

Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:46 pm

win, I don't know that the SEC would send their 3rd best team to the Birmingham Bowl. I just thought that if Tulane went undefeated OOC, then 5-2 in the AAC but missed the title game, we'd be ranked, and a good opponent for a good SEC team. We would have beaten Northwestern and Mississippi State and let's say our losses were to Memphis (or Houston) and UCF.

This is all made up. There's no right or wrong answers. And I agree my scenario to get a good matchup versus an SEC team is probably a pipe dream.

Frankly, I hope we're all drinking beers and having fun in Yulman, our living rooms, and wherever we need to be watching our Wave come fall. Boy is this social distancing is bringing to light how much we love things we take for granted.

Bicoastalwave
Swell

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:24 am

win, I don't know that the SEC would send their 3rd best team to the Birmingham Bowl. I just thought that if Tulane went undefeated OOC, then 5-2 in the AAC but missed the title game, we'd be ranked, and a good opponent for a good SEC team. We would have beaten Northwestern and Mississippi State and let's say our losses were to Memphis (or Houston) and UCF.

This is all made up. There's no right or wrong answers. And I agree my scenario to get a good matchup versus an SEC team is probably a pipe dream.

Frankly, I hope we're all drinking beers and having fun in Yulman, our living rooms, and wherever we need to be watching our Wave come fall. Boy is this social distancing is bringing to light how much we love things we take for granted.
Pipe dream: Tulane does 12-0 (maybe 11-1 would do it) wins the NYC 6 Birth and plays a 2 loss LSU . . . Tulane fans burn down the stadium as the ncaa drops the death penalty of the LSU basketball team after the tiggers lose.

Fever dream: LSU finishes 8-4, Tulane finishes 10-2 meet in the Birmingham bowl and we rip down the goal posts. Everyone is fired at LSU. A major resurgence of Tulane pride and respect in Louisiana grows.

Sober vision: Tulane finishes 9-3 and plays in the first annual Fenway Bowl against 7-5 Boston College (or Wake forest). We consume our usual amount of alcohol and no one in Louisiana notices.
Jaxwave
Swell

Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:13 am

I just went online and bet $1,000 on the under win total for every CFB and NFL football team, all of whom will win zero. And I will invest all my remaining life savings into golf companies as more and more Americans want to continue to social distance but still compete in something.
Is that wrong to want to profit from that disease back east (channeling my inner Urban Meyer)?
DfromCT
Green Wave

Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:33 am

Jaxwave wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:13 am
I just went online and bet $1,000 on the under win total for every CFB and NFL football team, all of whom will win zero. And I will invest all my remaining life savings into golf companies as more and more Americans want to continue to social distance but still compete in something.
Is that wrong to want to profit from that disease back east (channeling my inner Urban Meyer)?
Nothing you mention here is illegal (like price gouging) though your under bets would be null and void if there's no seasons (I'm sure you know that.) Peter Lynch would be proud of your decision to invest in golf companies.

swampnik
Surge

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:23 am

+1000 (So true, especially sports, religion and politics).
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Ruski
Surge

Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 am

Who will be the more challenging opponent? Northwestern or Miss St?

On the one hand Miss St probably has more talent but it's a first year Leach and will be game 4 so we'll have seen them against NC St and Arkansas. Plus we play them right before they play A&M, Bama, LSU all in a row.....perfect time to catch them snoozing.

On the other hand we'll play Northwestern on the road in game two where we could be overhyped after beating SELA. Northwestern opens against Mich St, not sure who wins that one (Sparty with a new head coach, NW coming off a 3-9 year).

It's gonna be interesting to see how missing the spring training will affect these early season games. I honestly like our chances in both games.

I feel like Leach's air raid really requires the right players and it will take him a season or two to get all the pieces in place. For that reason I say the Northwestern game will be more challenging.
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:55 pm

We face more of these guys than I would like ( Gabriel @ UCF, Beady White @ Memphis, Shane B @ SMU, Costello @ miss state ).

Top 25 returning QB’s:
https://247sports.com/college/smu/LongF ... 45937290_6
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:08 pm

Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 am
Who will be the more challenging opponent? Northwestern or Miss St?

On the one hand Miss St probably has more talent but it's a first year Leach and will be game 4 so we'll have seen them against NC St and Arkansas. Plus we play them right before they play A&M, Bama, LSU all in a row.....perfect time to catch them snoozing.

On the other hand we'll play Northwestern on the road in game two where we could be overhyped after beating SELA. Northwestern opens against Mich St, not sure who wins that one (Sparty with a new head coach, NW coming off a 3-9 year).

It's gonna be interesting to see how missing the spring training will affect these early season games. I honestly like our chances in both games.

I feel like Leach's air raid really requires the right players and it will take him a season or two to get all the pieces in place. For that reason I say the Northwestern game will be more challenging.
I think N'western is more beatable than State.... I do not think the team speed at N'western is close to the speed they have in Starkvegas...besides, Fizgerald has been the coach there for several years, so ya know what ya gonna get...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm

Miss state’s QB transfer from Stanford made that a much more difficult game. Still winnable though
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Lazy and incompetent outlook on the 2020 season:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/platfor ... ssion=true
Jaxwave
Swell

Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Lazy and incompetent outlook on the 2020 season:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/platfor ... ssion=true
Why lazy and incompetent. Seems spot on to me.
Bicoastalwave
Swell

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:06 pm

Here are some examples: It talks about how much we lost in the backfield and how inexperienced Howard is by citing the number of snaps he had last year. In reality we have a massive glut of backs and continue to do so, and Keon started games at USM. This guy had a couple tools that self populate and he looked at some data without any real knowledge of the team. He says we may need some transfers . . . Uhhhhhh did you not know we have transfers coming in ?