2020 College Football Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:38 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 pm Uconn cancelled fall sports . . . I didn’t even know they still offered any fall sports
It's easy to cancel what you don't have :lol:
Plus Scott Cowen on the UCONN board.
Bingo!! That explains it all. Cowen carries an athletic white flag in his pocket at all times. I wonder how much of UConn’s money is ending up in his other pocket?

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:25 pm Uconn cancelled fall sports . . . I didn’t even know they still offered any fall sports
Bingo!! That explains it all. Cowen carries an athletic white flag in his pocket at all times. I wonder how much of UConn’s money is ending up in his other pocket?
This is the excuse SC and the UConn adminstration will use to drop football...so they can be on equal footing with the rest of their Big East brother and sisters
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 am
Yep
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Here are some examples: It talks about how much we lost in the backfield and how inexperienced Howard is by citing the number of snaps he had last year. In reality we have a massive glut of backs and continue to do so, and Keon started games at USM. This guy had a couple tools that self populate and he looked at some data without any real knowledge of the team. He says we may need some transfers . . . Uhhhhhh did you not know we have transfers coming in ?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sean Payton says no offseason program for Saints, tells players to take care of themselves amid coronavirus

https://sports.yahoo.com/sean-payton-sa ... 10466.html
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Here is an article concerning the UCONN president stating on Tuesday it is “likely” UCONN will cancel all fall sports:
https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-hu ... story.html
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm Miss state’s QB transfer from Stanford made that a much more difficult game. Still winnable though
🤔, Ya know, we really have been pretty competitive with Mississippi “Cowbell” State in this 21st Century? http://www.winsipedia.com/tulane/vs/mississippi-state
And, after reviewing the history of our rivalry, you can plainly see the toll taken by Rufus “Dufus” Harris for Tulane football beginning with the 1950s. :shakingno:
MicMan
Swell

Fauci, others expect virus in fall, looking likely no sports whatsoever for 2020.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:08 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:23 pm Miss state’s QB transfer from Stanford made that a much more difficult game. Still winnable though
🤔, Ya know, we really have been pretty competitive with Mississippi “Cowbell” State in this 21st Century? http://www.winsipedia.com/tulane/vs/mississippi-state
And, after reviewing the history of our rivalry, you can plainly see the toll taken by Rufus “Dufus” Harris for Tulane football beginning with the 1950s. :shakingno:
:lol:
Notice the # of conference championships. . .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We're 2-3 against MSU this century. They've won 3 games by a total of 47 points. We've won 2 games by a total of 6 points. I'd rather be a whole lot more "competitive" than that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:37 am
:lol:
Notice the # of conference championships. . .
And, did you notice we beat these guys 32 to 29 at Starkville in 2006, Scelfo’s last year?
MicMan
Swell

Because a game from 2006 or Rufus Harruis has everything to do with a game in 2020. LOL
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:57 am Because a game from 2006 or Rufus Harruis has everything to do with a game in 2020. LOL
Actually, in “record time” Fitts-Hertz-Dannen have righted the Tulane ship for Div. 1 athletics. 8-) 👍🏻
Wave755
Tsunami

Arizona president questions whether football this fall?
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ers-needed
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Survey out today says 3 out 4 won’t attend until a vaccine is developed and administered
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles ... ters-ipsos
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

After the ZOOM meeting last Thursday with the Greenbackers and Troy and the athletic department, my opinion is that a fall season is very unlikely. Remember, it's not just if Tulane and the surrounding community is ready, the season is dependent on all of the other schools and communities being ready themselves. We are almost to May, and I just think there is too much uncertainty with the virus, the infection rate, possible later outbreaks, testing, and a vaccine (not till at least 2021), and everything else going on daily.

The NCAA can't have some schools / cities ready, and some schools not. It really is an all or nothing deal when it comes to the Fall seasons. Just my informed $.02.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

coming this Spring to a stadium or on a TV near you.. the USFL, come see "Breaker Ball" welcome Herschel and NOLA favorite, Gary Barbaro of the Generals to the 'Dome
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 pm coming this Spring to a stadium or on a TV near you.. the USFL, come see "Breaker Ball" welcome Herschel and NOLA favorite, Gary Barbaro of the Generals to the 'Dome
How can you omit the infamous Marcus Dupree from the list of all time Breakers?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:04 pm After the ZOOM meeting last Thursday with the Greenbackers and Troy and the athletic department, my opinion is that a fall season is very unlikely. Remember, it's not just if Tulane and the surrounding community is ready, the season is dependent on all of the other schools and communities being ready themselves. We are almost to May, and I just think there is too much uncertainty with the virus, the infection rate, possible later outbreaks, testing, and a vaccine (not till at least 2021), and everything else going on daily.

The NCAA can't have some schools / cities ready, and some schools not. It really is an all or nothing deal when it comes to the Fall seasons. Just my informed $.02.
Your $.02 makes perfect sense. Many unknowns, including the likelihood of localized C-19 flare ups throughout the summer, as we try to restart the economy. On top of any such flare ups, is the almost certain second wave in the fall. I'm so tired of hearing the media and politicians talk about the second wave like it's optional--it almost certainly isn't--except for Sweden. It will take a second wave to get us near 60%, maybe a third wave if we lock everything down again in the second wave. The virus can wait as long as we want to wait.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:46 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:29 pm coming this Spring to a stadium or on a TV near you.. the USFL, come see "Breaker Ball" welcome Herschel and NOLA favorite, Gary Barbaro of the Generals to the 'Dome
How can you omit the infamous Marcus Dupree from the list of all time Breakers?
ole Marcus...he fled Oklahoma for USM, last I heard he was driving a delivery truck, and there is not one thing wrong with that
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This looks to be our best hope for football in The Fall. Likely the only vaccine that could be available by September

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... d.amp.html
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LaToya probably not going to allow it here. She’s not following the governors recommendations. You know the governor is going to want LSU on the field ASAP. Meanwhile LaToya already considering possibly not having Mardi Gras for 2021 in a Washington Post interview yesterday.
Tulane Class of 1981