OOC Basketball Schedule 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Here it is:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8 ... slate.aspx

Not too appetizing. I'd rather a home and home with UNO than some of this. Understandable to a degree with what were coming off of but a little overboard.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Seems like we're still 1 player over the scholarship limit of 13?
The Green Wave's roster features the return of letterwinners Ray Ona Embo, Bul Ajang, Buay Koka and Kevin Zhang who lead a crop of 10 newcomers including Ibrahim Ali (Arkansas), Teshaun Hightower (Georgia), K.J. Lawson (Kansas), Nic Thomas (Norfolk State), Christion Thompson (Rhode Island) and Jordan Walker (Seton Hall). Tulane's freshman core comprises Nobal Days, R.J. McGee, Tylan Pope and Charlie Russell Jr.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
green4life
Low Tide

Would like to say as an 80 grad who saw Pointer and Paul Thompson and CJ and all the others,...I am stoked about this season...and I live across the ocean. Totally stoked. Roll Wave!!
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:35 pm Here it is:

Not too appetizing. I'd rather a home and home with UNO than some of this. Understandable to a degree with what were coming off of but a little overboard.
Very disappointing playing a SWAC Schedule there. I guess we need all the wins we can get. I’ll pass on tickets until AAC play. Bright side we should be undefeated at home in non-conference. Way overboard. I see why they were trying to sell tickets without a schedule out.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I saw elsewhere that Ajang wouldn't be medically cleared to play this year but will be allowed to stay in school and take classes. That would be the odd man out
winwave
Top of the WAVE

As I said a good while ago Ajang is going to be medically disqualified and he gets to stay on scholarship and finish school.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:05 pm

Very disappointing playing a SWAC Schedule there. I guess we need all the wins we can get. I’ll pass on tickets until AAC play. Bright side we should be undefeated at home in non-conference. Way overboard. I see why they were trying to sell tickets without a schedule out.
As stated in the first thread was disingenuous to solicit ticket sales while not disclosing opponents . I guess RobertM320 will lambaste you also for not buying tickets to these games as he lambasted me .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
JerseyWave
Riptide

The home schedule is pitiful.
Wave QB
Swell

We lost to a Alabama A&M last year that finished dead last in the SWAC conference. I didn’t expect a better schedule than this. With the fight to make it to the tournament, no one is lining up to play us anyway. I wish our new coach the best with this schedule so we can play more lively opponents next season.
Show Me
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:39 pm We lost to a Alabama A&M last year that finished dead last in the SWAC conference. I didn’t expect a better schedule than this. With the fight to make it to the tournament, no one is lining up to play us anyway. I wish our new coach the best with this schedule so we can play more lively opponents next season.
Right. So as a fan I’d rather see us lose to North Carolina than Alabama A&M.
The schedule sucks. No excuse to play down like this.
Ruski
Swell

Final Net Ratings

SE Louisiana 249
Jackson State 328
Northwestern State 334
Myrtle Beach (Miss. St.) 21
Myrtle Beach (Nova or MTSU) 28 or 248
Myrtle Beach (Utah, CCU, Ohio, Baylor) 97, 153, 177, 34
Southern 340
at Southern Miss 102
Jerry Coangelo Classic (Saint Louis) 107
Alcorn State 347
Clash at the Capitol (Akron) 119
Clash at the Capitol (Liberty or Towson) 53 or 261

There are 353 teams in d1, we play #347, #340, #334, #328, #249. 5 terrible games...if we don't beat Miss St. and Akron, we'll be adding #248 and #261. Even beating Southern Miss (102) and SLU(107), will keep us firmly below 200/250 in NET. This schedule is real baddddd if we don't win those tourny games :shock:

Anything less than 9-3 with this schedule and we're solidly in the bottom 50 programs in basketball
Ruski
Swell

Just to remind people how bad these 300+ teams are.....last we won only 4 games with a very easy non-con and lost to ecu twice......and we were still 296
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

My god. Those numbers are brutal. Why are we ever playing anyone 300+?!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We usually schedule at least one premium home non-conference game that’s attractive to the avg basketball fan. There’s not one home game like that in this schedule. Zion and the Pels are going to attract the walkup fan this season. Not sure how many times we go head to head with those guys but all their games are also on TV. Unfortunately with that home schedule the typical basketball fan is going to stay home and watch Zion on TV (and turn down the volume and listen on radio to Graff ;) ) rather then come out and see us play. I understand it from a coaches perspective trying to build confidence with wins. But as a fan it’s not going to get me excited. Should easily double our win total before AAC play even begins with that non-conference home schedule.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

To be fair, this team won only 4 games last season with a complete roster turnover in year one. It will take them a lot of time to build a cohesive unit especially before conference play. This program is starting from scratch. I’m ok with winning games to build confidence and cohesion during this phase of the rebuild. Half of you guys whine about everything no matter what so your opinion has little value especially Show Me who just regurgitates the same crap over and over.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:24 am To be fair, this team won only 4 games last season with a complete roster turnover in year one. It will take them a lot of time to build a cohesive unit especially before conference play. This program is starting from scratch. I’m ok with winning games to build confidence and cohesion during this phase of the rebuild. Half of you guys whine about everything no matter what so your opinion has little value especially Show Me who just regurgitates the same crap over and over.
Winning 4 games overall and O’fer in conference will do that. Our coaching the past few years was just awful. The roster turnover was probably unnecessary. Dunleavy couldn’t win with NBA talent. I wish Hunter success and will support his efforts. But as a fan this schedule really doesn’t interest me. I think Ron’s offer to buy people tickets to come out won’t break his bank. There’s no question we will win games this season but hopefully also a few in conference. But it’s not FB so who cares right ‘78? :mrgreen:
WavyHoops
High Tide

What decent team that wasn't being overpaid by a large margin would want to come to Tulane to either blunt their RPI, NET, etc. by winning or devastating it by losing?
anEngineer
Riptide

If you don't like it, don't go. There will be people there who support Tulane Athletics regardless.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:23 am If you don't like it, don't go. There will be people there who support Tulane Athletics regardless.
This mentality is exactly why the same 500-1000 people show and no one else does. The point is to attract basketball fans out sorry but this home schedule won’t do it.
green4life
Low Tide

Must confess the home slate is not terrifying, so we are even more pressured to win.
Fan since 1965 and was at the 14-0 Victory over LSU. It can be done.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:37 am
anEngineer wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:23 am If you don't like it, don't go. There will be people there who support Tulane Athletics regardless.
This mentality is exactly why the same 500-1000 people show and no one else does. The point is to attract basketball fans out sorry but this home schedule won’t do it.
That mentality is the proper one for someone who loves Tulane. If you just want to watch winning basketball, watch Duke. Do you go to junior high and high school games to watch your grandkids no matter who they play or whether they're winning? No? I thought not.

Yes, I wish we were scheduling and beating Villanova, Duke, and Kentucky. We're not. Supporting Tulane athletics during losing periods does not mean you are deficient in some fashion nor does it mean that you are in lockstep with every decision the AD makes. ShowMe, as a fair-weather fan, you have every right to attend games only when we are having winning years. If everyone had your mentality, there would be little chance for Tulane getting to the next level.

So stay home. Think about how wise you are by not watching Tulane play Southeasern. AnEngineer and I will be among those 500 fans in the stadium for which you articulate such scorn but we'll be enjoying ourselves far more than you.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The home schedule is pretty bad but there are some other decent away/neutral games. We do need to have some W’s, would have like a few of those neutral games at home. But if things don’t gel early and we take losses in most of the away/neutral games, we might be thanking having some home cup cakes. Plus I think the AAC is going to better almost across the board.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Supporting during losing vs. supporting a loser mentality are two totally different things. Don't confuse them. Unfortunately for Tulane, there has been too much of the latter in the recent past.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:27 pm Supporting during losing vs. supporting a loser mentality are two totally different things. Don't confuse them. Unfortunately for Tulane, there has been too much of the latter in the recent past.
Exactly.
Almost 20 years since we had a legitimate post season appearance. We all love Tulane but tough love is needed at times. That’s where I’m at now. Some asked why UNO was not scheduled? I’ll tell you why fear of losing to them.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Definitely prefer a home and home with UNO. For that matter, they might as well resurrect the old City Series (UNO, Dillard, SUNO and Xavier)--it would be more appealing than these SWAC teams.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana