#1 recruiting Class in the AAC as of 8/3 !

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Thought this needed its own thread. We did it gentlemen . . . At least for a day. With our latest stud o lineman committing (verbally) to Tulane we are up to #1 in the AAC and #44 Nationally ! A lot can happen before signing day but let’s soak it up and praise this staff for what theyve done so far.

Now let’s close em and than recruit over the top of them next year !

https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/

anEngineer
Riptide

I am as excited about this class as most of the of the rest of us, but this ranking is based on the fact that we have 21 commits and no one else in the AAC has anywhere near that. Assuming all schools get 20-25 signees in their current range, we would be 5th, behind Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis and USF. We are not going to finish first, but the point that we are in the mix is very valid.

The other interesting point is how we are getting so many early commits. Are the other schools going after bigger kids who are waiting on P5 offers first (overreaching)? Is Fritz's staff selling something that is REALLY attractive and kids are jumping on it? Is it that the staff is not wasting time on kids who might prefer something better? Maybe a combination of all? Hopefully these early commits are because they really want to be here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

You have to love the fact that we're getting commitments from kids that have "P5" offers. We've upgraded our targets. Holding on to them through signing date will be key, but at least we're going after players that can get us to a NY6 bowl game rather than some BS bowl that's before Christmas. When we start playing in the AAC Championship game regularly, we will have truly turned a corner. 7-6 seems to have done wonders; 9 or 10 wins will really get us where we need to be. And we need to win 8 or more a few years in a row to get there.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

I have awakened to find myself in an alternate, parallel universe where Tulane is recruiting the brightest and best scholars, AND also the most talented athletes. I am suspicious of what my eyes and ears are telling me. Please let it be real.

If momentum equals mass * velocity, past experience has shown that we have always lacked one or the other. We have enjoyed the exhilarating velocity that comes with a brief and successful run, but there has been no underlying foundational mass to continue the trend. The converse has also been true. Thus, we never enjoyed enduring momentum. We are at a watershed moment in Tulane history.

Can you imagine what Tulane sports could be in two years? Thank you Willie Fritz. Thank you Michael Fitts. Throw me something, Ron Hunter. Now about that baseball program....
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

:: please be real:: ::please be real::

Yes we are #1 because of the number of recruits. But our average is still far better than past years (.831). In theory usf, houston etc likely would have their ranking goes down as they scramble try to fill their class. This isn’t a certainty but likely. Also we have many recruits unranked on rivals and several guys with major sec offers who are barely 3 stat. I assume some of them will be upgraded by merit of their offers
Wave755
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:46 am :: please be real:: ::please be real::

Yes we are #1 because of the number of recruits. But our average is still far better than past years (.831). In theory usf, houston etc likely would have their ranking goes down as they scramble try to fill their class. This isn’t a certainty but likely. Also we have many recruits unranked on rivals and several guys with major sec offers who are barely 3 stat. I assume some of them will be upgraded by merit of their offers
I think we are doing great for recruiting, but judging by last year our 83.14 average to date for player rating would have put us at about 6th for the league. https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... erence=AAC

Let's see how things playout, but so great we are getting players p5s have offered. I still remember how "Buffet" Bob Toledo toward the end "tug-of-warred" it out with Nicholls St., Delta St. & McNeese St. for recruits. It was truly embarrassing.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That average puts us in striking distance of 2nd place in conference but your point is well taken. And we also agree star ratings aren’t the end all be all. P5 offers are another great indicator