Season Tickets

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
sader24
Tsunami

So last year the section I always sat in had 95% availabilty for season tickets. This year it has 5% availability. Is it likely this many ppl bought season tickets? Did they go sell all these season tickets nationally? Are they holding these season tickets for single game sales? Are they trying to push people into the seats they want them to buy? I will also say the section was empty for every game I went to.

anEngineer
Riptide

It depends on what section you are in. They have been trying to move as many Tulane regulars as possible to the Westfeldt Terrace on the upper east side. Most are being moved from the west sideline where it started to become more visitors than Tulane fans. You can have the sun in your face for the 1st qtr of evening games and all afternoon games, but it is a great view of the field.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The new pricing may have made that section a lot more affordable. You need to check with Tulane on that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

What section? I know we moved over one section on the visiting side to save the $100 per seat license. I'm willing to bet a lot of people did the same thing.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wavemania
Surge

I just bought season tickets after a 4 year hiatus. Thought the end zone seats were terrible when the teams were on the other end. Refused to give a licensing fee with the crap that Tulane was putting on the field( CJ was still coach) Mu old neighbor had told me he was able to get season tickets for $100 in section 123. Previously they wanted over $800 a few years ago and a few months ago they wanted $1,100. They must have figured better to get fans to the games than just have empty seats. Someone actually figured it out.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Question....If I buy two "family fun packets"...who in metro NOLA will pick them up and use them
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wavemania wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:16 am I just bought season tickets after a 4 year hiatus. Thought the end zone seats were terrible when the teams were on the other end. Refused to give a licensing fee with the crap that Tulane was putting on the field( CJ was still coach) Mu old neighbor had told me he was able to get season tickets for $100 in section 123. Previously they wanted over $800 a few years ago and a few months ago they wanted $1,100. They must have figured better to get fans to the games than just have empty seats. Someone actually figured it out.
They must have hired somebody from an airline.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:08 pm
wavemania wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:16 am I just bought season tickets after a 4 year hiatus. Thought the end zone seats were terrible when the teams were on the other end. Refused to give a licensing fee with the crap that Tulane was putting on the field( CJ was still coach) Mu old neighbor had told me he was able to get season tickets for $100 in section 123. Previously they wanted over $800 a few years ago and a few months ago they wanted $1,100. They must have figured better to get fans to the games than just have empty seats. Someone actually figured it out.
They must have hired somebody from an airline.
I split a pair of season tickets in section 119 with another poster from here in 2014. It's still, to my knowledge, a section that doesn't require a seat license. They were all of $100/seat for the season. Great seats, better, IMHO, than anything in the endzone. I personally would rather watch on TV than have an endzone seat.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wavemania
Surge

Thus the reason I quit going the past few years. When I told the ticket rep, what I wanted, said there was nothing that cheap without a TAF donation. I said I would rather watch on TV.
sader24
Tsunami

Section 101.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I will be splitting 4 season seats with a group of “young” (in spirit) alumni this year, appreciate the Intel. In reality I use this as a “putting my money where my mouth is” scenario. . . I will be at the away Army game and hopefully homecoming & UCF game.
Show Me
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:06 am What section? I know we moved over one section on the visiting side to save the $100 per seat license. I'm willing to bet a lot of people did the same thing.
Yes. Same here. All the prime sections will be 3/4’s empty. Just like behind home plate in baseball. :lol: