Fall Camp Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sweet Ride:

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:06 am Sweet Ride:

Sweet....good to see "Earl Scheib" is still in biz..or was it "macco"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We've added much needed help at LB with Malik Lawal, from Arizona State who has one year left as per Tulane twitter. He's 6'1", 228 lbs..

He had 21 tackles, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble last season.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wow talk about last minute ! Def valuable depth at a position of need. Love the work we do on the grad transfer side

Per 247:
Lawal, a former three-star recruit from Temecula, Calif., started the season’s first two games and three of its first five before eventually getting passed on the depth chart by Robertson and redshirt freshman Tyler Johnson. The 6-foot-1, 228-pound tackler finished the season with 21 stops, 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble, though appeared unlikely to regain a starting role in 2019 over ASU’s other promising youngsters at the position. The Sun Devils return all three starters (Robertson, Johnson and rising sophomore middle linebacker Darien Butler) next season.”
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Strangely this is how I feel too

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane announces media day on Twitter, but fails to tell anyone what time to log into Facebook or Twitter. More self inflicted wounds!
https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7447072774
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:35 pm Tulane announces media day on Twitter, but fails to tell anyone what time to log into Facebook or Twitter. More self inflicted wounds!

https://twitter.com/GreenWaveFB/status/ ... 7447072774
I looked on Facebook it’s at noon. You are correct though that is not a good look.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Miss the times when we could go out there and watch that first practice and give the newbies big cheers to welcome them in . I'm expecting good media coverage with the way we've been covered in the offseason. Saints are off today.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:31 am the 'Dogs QB preview / review
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2019/7/ ... millan-aac
TBH, I've never heard of the last two guys, the two Joshs. Josh Holl and Josh Coltrin.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
billow
High Tide

Both Josh’s are walk-ons and were pretty good high school QBs.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Guerrey said the new linebacker has two years of eligibility left, which is surprising others had said only one.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Playmaker:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... ce947.html

Really looking forward to seeing him in the backfield and on special teams.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I've been watching the media day video. On the one hand, I'm very pumped up for the season, but on the other, I'm amazed at how poor the production is for the video. You get to see the old fashioned "No Signal" screen flash about 3-5 times every minute. Again, Tulane shoots itself in the foot.

A decent video of Media Day should be a layup. It's typical Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 12787.html

GREAT article, alot of interesting news regarding the Oline, secondary and TE battles.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Enjoy the read below. It turns out maybe fans do know best. . . This is everything we have screamed for since Fritz took over. How many games could we have won throwing screens and to rbs in space over the last 3 years ?!!!!

Anyway- thank god for the OC change. I believe in Hall and Fritz

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... aceb6.html
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:12 am Enjoy the read below. It turns out maybe fans do know best. . . This is everything we have screamed for since Fritz took over. How many games could we have won throwing screens and to rbs in space over the last 3 years ?!!!!

Anyway- thank god for the OC change. I believe in Hall and Fritz

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... aceb6.html
Hey , Mister , throw me some beads ; er , the damn ball !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .