Fall Camp Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 am *** THE 2019 FALL PRACTICE REPORT HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY REMOVED BY REQUEST OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 16th, 2019 ***
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:10 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 am *** THE 2019 FALL PRACTICE REPORT HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY REMOVED BY REQUEST OF THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 16th, 2019 ***
clearly, sum body is on "double secret probation"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

lol, winwave. I can't say I'm surprised. Even I felt there was a lot of information in the report that FIU could find interesting.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The biggest news in that scrimmage report was that our passing game is still weak. BFD. We're known as a running team. If that info is going to be a game changer, we're in for a long season. The paranoia of our coaching staff is over the top.

Winwave, thanks for the report. Keep up the great work. Inside of two weeks and we'll see our new and hopefully improved Green Wave.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:38 pm The biggest news in that scrimmage report was that our passing game is still weak. BFD. We're known as a running team. If that info is going to be a game changer, we're in for a long season. The paranoia of our coaching staff is over the top.

Winwave, thanks for the report. Keep up the great work. Inside of two weeks and we'll see our new and hopefully improved Green Wave.
Agreed. It's BS.
Roll Wave!
anEngineer
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:43 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:38 pm The biggest news in that scrimmage report was that our passing game is still weak. BFD. We're known as a running team. If that info is going to be a game changer, we're in for a long season. The paranoia of our coaching staff is over the top.

Agreed. It's BS.
Somewhat, but if we look back 2 years ago, FIU put 8 on the line and forced Tulane to throw. Banks went 5 of 16, took 3 sacks, threw a pick and we got whipped. McMillen (and the rest of this team) is better than that, but we have to be able to burn them if they don't back off. As with any team scrimmage, a poor performance on one side may mean that the other side is really good. You have subs and guys being held out so it's not fully real, BUT we have got to be able to successfully throw the ball 15-20 times a game to be what we want to be.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:21 pm Very interesting.....Again it is quite obvious that GOTULA.NET has become a credible source for all things TULANE....Perhaps it is time for TULANE to provide "credentials" to GOTULA, and recognize that it has a great following both of the message board and on Twitter,,,,,,.
Time to get Media Credentials.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:30 pm lol, winwave. I can't say I'm surprised. Even I felt there was a lot of information in the report that FIU could find interesting.
There was no info. there that you didn't ultimately get from the Advocate. If we lose the FIU game because of that report then Willie needs to hang up his whistle. Also any staff in the country can pay $10 a month to Rivals and read the practice reports on any team they want. We went 12-0 in 1998 and finished #7 in the country. EVERY practice was open and reports were posted on the sites that existed then and in the paper. NO EXCUSES TULANE. JUST WIN.

This is so typical Willie. He needs to get with it. :roll:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
anEngineer
Riptide

It was essentially a closed scrimmage. They are closed for a reason, but they let some supporters in because they trust them. The next step is to not let ANYONE in. If they wanted it public, it would have been open. You can claim it's innocuous, and maybe it is, but the coaches are entitled to the level of secrecy they want to start the season, especially with a new offense. These coaches work hard and smart, so we should be willing to let them have it their way.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, because of the way this post appeared I think it could come across that I took it down. That was done by Steve. The problem with those that work in athletics is that they all take the mindset that the fans work for them . That's not the case . They wouldn't have their jobs without fans like us. At Tulane that is very true because if not for fans like myself who literally marched on campus several times to keep Cowen from ending sports at Tulane in 2003 there would be no athletic department.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm It was essentially a closed scrimmage. They are closed for a reason, but they let some supporters in because they trust them. The next step is to not let ANYONE in. If they wanted it public, it would have been open. You can claim it's innocuous, and maybe it is, but the coaches are entitled to the level of secrecy they want to start the season, especially with a new offense. These coaches work hard and smart, so we should be willing to let them have it their way.
That was my take. It wasn't that there was a lot of info in the report. And if this was last season, it probably wouldn't matter. But being we're rolling out a brand new offense, I'd rather we not tell everyone in advance. What we're doing, and which players are being used in what roles is something I'd rather make them see on game film AFTER game 1.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm
BTW, because of the way this post appeared I think it could come across that I took it down. That was done by Steve. The problem with those that work in athletics is that they all take the mindset that the fans work for them . That's not the case . They wouldn't have their jobs without fans like us. At Tulane that is very true because if not for fans like myself who literally marched on campus several times to keep Cowen from ending sports at Tulane in 2003 there would be no athletic department.
Yes. Sorry for the confusion y'all. That was me who edited the original post. Winwave did not take it down.

And I will say this, the practice report will go back up soon, but I found this a perfect time to flip the script. Instead of deleting, I'm calling attention to the fact that they asked us to remove it with that message/response. And it's been shared on social media.

There was nothing secret in that report. Nothing. All we know is who was playing what team (1,2,3), what position they played, and what happened. NO GAME PLANS were revealed. NOTHING. And if the coaches think this is in ANY WAY harms our chances against FIU or any opponent, then they should hang it up and go coach pee wee. It's quite frankly a chickenshit reaction in typical Tulane fashion.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:33 pm It was essentially a closed scrimmage. They are closed for a reason, but they let some supporters in because they trust them. The next step is to not let ANYONE in. If they wanted it public, it would have been open. You can claim it's innocuous, and maybe it is, but the coaches are entitled to the level of secrecy they want to start the season, especially with a new offense. These coaches work hard and smart, so we should be willing to let them have it their way.
Nothing was posted about formations or alignments. It's BS plain and simple. Like I said FIU can read the Advocate or pay Rivals $10 and read daily practice reports. :roll:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:39 pm
That was my take. It wasn't that there was a lot of info in the report. And if this was last season, it probably wouldn't matter. But being we're rolling out a brand new offense, I'd rather we not tell everyone in advance. What we're doing, and which players are being used in what roles is something I'd rather make them see on game film AFTER game 1.
Like I said there's nothing there that gives that type of info.. There'e more elsewhere readily available but they call this out BS.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:49 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Yes. Sorry for the confusion y'all. That was me who edited the original post. Winwave did not take it down.

And I will say this, the practice report will go back up soon, but I found this a perfect time to flip the script. Instead of deleting, I'm calling attention to the fact that they asked us to remove it with that message/response. And it's been shared on social media.

There was nothing secret in that report. Nothing. All we know is who was playing what team (1,2,3), what position they played, and what happened. NO GAME PLANS were revealed. NOTHING. And if the coaches think this is in ANY WAY harms our chances against FIU or any opponent, then they should hang it up and go coach pee wee. It's quite frankly a chickenshit reaction in typical Tulane fashion.
This. So much this. Thanks.
Show Me
Tsunami

Tough call here. Winwave has been posting practice reports for over 10 years. I can only guess with the new offense the coaches want to have a little surprise. I was disappointed at the Let’s talk Football event because there was very little talk of it. The event Wednesday was by invite only and I’m guessing they probably warned or assumed the guests were not going to take pictures or disclosure on social media. Regardless I bet the only thing that will come from this is that Tulane will probably keep practice closed to the public like LSU and many others currently do.
I think the end result of removing the post in this case was the team thing to do. Winwave was a guest of Tulane and should comply to their wishes. Personally I don’t think it’s contents was anything that would put us at a disadvantage.
Last edited by Show Me on Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The Tulane Athletics Department owes so much to the so few fans that remain, yet they pull this kind of crap regularly. Just another self-inflicted wound. We're not giving away game planning secrets, and Fritz has to know that there's other sources of practice information. Winwave was doing us justice by keeping us interested 2 weeks ahead of our first game. This is BS.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I appreciate the report win. But I have no problem with Tulane asking gotula to take it down. They didn’t force you, they asked you to at a coach’s request. If the coaches think the best chance for us winning is that report not being available I have no problem with it. Whatever gives us the best chance to win. Do we care about a voluntary takedown of a report or winning ? Just win.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm I appreciate the report win. But I have no problem with Tulane asking gotula to take it down. They didn’t force you, they asked you to at a coach’s request. If the coaches think the best chance for us winning is that report not being available I have no problem with it. Whatever gives us the best chance to win. Do we care about a voluntary takedown of a report or winning ? Just win.
I hear where you're coming from. I also don't think winners concern themselves with what others are saying or posting about them. It's all about the mentality and mindset. We're not talking about a stolen playbook or something. Tulane spends more time and energy going against the norm vs. carving their own path.
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm I hear where you're coming from. I also don't think winners concern themselves with what others are saying or posting about them. It's all about the mentality and mindset. We're not talking about a stolen playbook or something. Tulane spends more time and energy going against the norm vs. carving their own path.
EXACTLY! Very well said, Steve.
wave97
Swell

Let's hope that Butch Davis doesn't have an Ernie Adams on his staff.
[video]https://www.si.com/nfl/video/2018/02/04 ... dams/video]
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:23 pm Tough call here. Winwave has been posting practice reports for over 10 years. I can only guess with the new offense the coaches want to have a little surprise. I was disappointed at the Let’s talk Football event because there was very little talk of it. The event Wednesday was by invite only and I’m guessing they probably warned or assumed the guests were not going to take pictures or disclosure on social media. Regardless I bet the only thing that will come from this is that Tulane will probably keep practice closed to the public like LSU and many others currently do.
I think the end result of removing the post in this case was the team thing to do. Winwave was a guest of Tulane and should comply to their wishes. Personally I don’t think it’s contents was anything that would put us at a disadvantage.
Tulane invited us to the practice. Nothing was said or written to not take notes. There were people there using their phones to take pictures of the field while we were practicing and people filming too. I would never think to do that . They were told nothing. As you said I have posted these reports for years. I guess all our losing is on me. :roll: The fact is at one practice I was speaking with Wes Fritz while writing my report. I was also talking to Tulane staffers while writing this one. As to the new offense that's a cop out. I wrote nothing that gave away formations or alignments as that is something I would never think of doing or ever done it.

Furthermore as I've said for $10 they can go on any teams Rivals site and find out a lot more than what I posted. I follow ND and could tell you the strengths and weaknesses of every player as they have a former coach who covers them and gives their practice reports in detail. More importantly if they want to know about our offense they could watch the various interviews Hall and WF have given since his hire. And of course our opponents are watching film of Halls offenses. This is a pathetic joke.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:25 pm The Tulane Athletics Department owes so much to the so few fans that remain, yet they pull this kind of crap regularly. Just another self-inflicted wound. We're not giving away game planning secrets, and Fritz has to know that there's other sources of practice information. Winwave was doing us justice by keeping us interested 2 weeks ahead of our first game. This is BS.
THIS. THANKS.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:26 pm I appreciate the report win. But I have no problem with Tulane asking gotula to take it down. They didn’t force you, they asked you to at a coach’s request. If the coaches think the best chance for us winning is that report not being available I have no problem with it. Whatever gives us the best chance to win. Do we care about a voluntary takedown of a report or winning ? Just win.
If they want to win that's all they should be focused on instead of monitoring these sites. NOTHING IN THAT REPORT GAVE AWAY ANYTHING ABOUT OUR OFFENSIVE SCHEME. NOTHING. Fritz and Hall have talked openly about it and there's plenty of film for our opponents to watch of it. Beyond pathetic.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm
I hear where you're coming from. I also don't think winners concern themselves with what others are saying or posting about them. It's all about the mentality and mindset. We're not talking about a stolen playbook or something. Tulane spends more time and energy going against the norm vs. carving their own path.
THIS.