Fall Camp Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Winwave, you're summertime camp reports have been a staple for years, and have kept many of us interested when there was nothing being covered by the local media. While I appreciate that the coaching staff wants to keep everything on the hush hush, this is just BS. You have to feed your fans and Tulane does so much to prevent growing a fan base then wonders why they cannot sell out a 23k seat stadium. Man, it's just aggravating being a Green Wave fan sometimes.

The best news we've gotten this summer is that munchies and beers will be less expensive at Yulman. That probably means they'll run out, and/or not have enough staff or some other snafu at the concessions stands.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks again.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Little big man:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... f91b3.html

Hope Butch doesn't read this. Though it was brilliant to trick him into thinking Johnson protects McMillans blindside when we all know that's Claybrook. :mrgreen:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

In case no one noticed, a member on the Yoggie board copied and pasted win’s work on a new thread. That has also been deleted.

I would think the coaching staff would be honored and flattered that fans were this interested and involved. Too much drama.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll add this. I've been told one thing they objected to was the injury portion of the report. As I have said The Advocate has given a lot more injury news than I did. After every LSU practice a writer for the Advocate gives a lengthy injury report. Do you think Ed Ogeron has given a moments care about what he's written? Seriously. Tulane should be embarrassed. They owe me and this site an apology.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:45 pm I'll add this. I've been told one thing they objected to was the injury portion of the report. As I have said The Advocate has given a lot more injury news than I did. After every LSU practice a writer for the Advocate gives a lengthy injury report. Do you think Ed Ogeron has given a moments care about what he's written? Seriously. Tulane should be embarrassed. They owe me and this site an apology.
THIS!

One of the most loyal Green Wave Fans takes time out of his life to write up a scrimmage report and "Big Brother" squashes it. Just wrong. There was no secrets revealed in that recap of a scrimmage. The coaching staff should be focused on getting our offense better, not on worrying about a practice recap online.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let me add this D. I had gone through two medical procedures earlier that day. My family didn't want me to go. Not only did I go but then I pushed myself to stay up late to put that out because I know our fans are starved for info.. The thanks I get is this nonsense from Tulane. Now others have said they've been called out to by others by Fritz order. This is just sad. Shame on you Tulane.
Show Me
Tsunami

At least you weren’t banned from Tulane Athletic events. I bet that was discussed.
YOGWF should ban the copycat poster.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 am Let me add this D. I had gone through two medical procedures earlier that day. My family didn't want me to go. Not only did I go but then I pushed myself to stay up late to put that out because I know our fans are starved for info.. The thanks I get is this nonsense from Tulane. Now others have said they've been called out to by others by Fritz order. This is just sad. Shame on you Tulane.
We all appreciate your efforts, and hope you're doing well. Even though we often disagree, there's no doubting how much you love the Green Wave. Thanks for doing the scrimmage review.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 am
winwave wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:50 am Let me add this D. I had gone through two medical procedures earlier that day. My family didn't want me to go. Not only did I go but then I pushed myself to stay up late to put that out because I know our fans are starved for info.. The thanks I get is this nonsense from Tulane. Now others have said they've been called out to by others by Fritz order. This is just sad. Shame on you Tulane.
We all appreciate your efforts, and hope you're doing well. Even though we often disagree, there's no doubting how much you love the Green Wave. Thanks for doing the scrimmage review.
You're overthinking this. All coaches want control. I'm sure no one is angry or "calling out" anyone. Coach Fritz would just prefer that no details of his closed scrimmages be posted on the open internet. I would imagine that the only people still thinking about this are on this site.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 am
You're overthinking this. All coaches want control. I'm sure no one is angry or "calling out" anyone. Coach Fritz would just prefer that no details of his closed scrimmages be posted on the open internet. I would imagine that the only people still thinking about this are on this site.
I know I'm over it.. .I am looking forward to the Wishbone being installed....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:15 am
You're wrong. People are being called out . It's asinine. As I have posted several times now there are far more details in the articles in the paper that cover the team. Plus any school can go to Rivals and pay $10 and read all about their opponents practices. I follow ND. They have multiple writers and the practices are covered in every detail. Do you seriously think Brian Kelly cares about that? Do you think he's wasted a second trying to shut that down? Do you think he tries to shut down the newspaper reporters that cover his practices?Asinine.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
wave97
Swell

Butch Davis is going to do what Butch Davis does. He tries to put as much doubt as possible in the head of the QB by hiding his intentions on the pre-snap read, showing man-to-man even when he's playing zone. There is a price to pay for this tactic if our wide receivers & backs are well versed on automatic routes based on post-snap sight reads. It will come down to execution & communication on offense.
Last edited by wave97 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
MicMan
Swell

What assh*les, from Fritz on down.
galvezwave
Swell

I’ll be honest . I don’t give a shit. If we win . But that’s me.
nawlinspete
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:15 pm What assh*les, from Fritz on down.
You are TOTALLY overreacting to a coach keeping practices on his terms. All coaches make those decisions , closed or opened.

End of story.

Y'all need to move on from this tempest in a teapot .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
MicMan
Swell

Making a forum take down a post? Total small-time bullsh-t.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is making a mountain out of a mole hill. You were a guest of coach and the school. They thought they were losing an edge and made a request. They know better than anyone on a football message board how to win football games. Get over it and stop being so sensitive. I really don’t know why we are still talking about this. I’ll see you at the aac championship
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Complete and utter bullshit. I did nothing to hurt the program.

Here's today's ND practice report:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/notre ... ctice-12-1

Brian Kelly didn't waste a second of anyone's time trying to block that report. In fact he contributed to it. He's won a lot more at a lot higher levels than Willie. I'll trust Brian on that.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 am Complete and utter bullshit. I did nothing to hurt the program.

Brian Kelly didn't waste a second of anyone's time trying to block that report. In fact he contributed to it. He's won a lot more at a lot higher levels than Willie. I'll trust Brian on that.
No one gives a sh*t, relax.
Show Me
Tsunami

Brian Kelly doesn’t care but Willie Fritz does. Let’s just respect his wishes. I believe it’s all about the new offense and he may feel he has an edge on FIU if it’s not out there for them to read about a scripted practice. After our first game we should post your blog back up. But at this point FIU has nothing to prepare for but looking at last years film which won’t help. I’m sure Brian Kelly at ND will run his same offense from last season so there’s no element of surprise there. Just relax winwave and try to respect our coaches decision on posting practice info. My take on your post was that our passing game sucks so if I’m Butch Davis I’d concentrate on defending the run and not worry so much about our passing game.
galvezwave
Swell

We may still have a subpar passing game . I wouldn’t be surprised about that . New coach new system and all. But It’s hard to get a real assessment with our 230 pound tailback being called down by touch in a shell wearing controlled scrimmage . It’s still going to be a run first offense.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:47 am
winwave wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:32 am Complete and utter bullshit. I did nothing to hurt the program.

No one gives a sh*t, relax.
If only that were true.