Fall Camp Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:04 am Brian Kelly doesn’t care but Willie Fritz does. Let’s just respect his wishes. I believe it’s all about the new offense and he may feel he has an edge on FIU if it’s not out there for them to read about a scripted practice. After our first game we should post your blog back up. But at this point FIU has nothing to prepare for but looking at last years film which won’t help. I’m sure Brian Kelly at ND will run his same offense from last season so there’s no element of surprise there. Just relax winwave and try to respect our coaches decision on posting practice info. My take on your post was that our passing game sucks so if I’m Butch Davis I’d concentrate on defending the run and not worry so much about our passing game.
That report gave anything away about our offense. There was nothing about formations or alignments. Butch Davis is too good of a coach to think how the results of a phase of the game in one practice tells you anything meaningful. If he is dumb enough to load the box we will pass them to death. Tulane should respect our fans wishes to have some insight as to what is going on with the team as the season nears.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Does anyone honestly think any of LSU's coaches give one crap?

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu ... /84876509/
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:14 pm Does anyone honestly think any of LSU's coaches give one crap?

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu ... /84876509/
The LSU Fans make reference to having the ability to watch scrimmage films! You know if they can, the SEC coaches can as well. Sometimes you have to trust your ability to line up and BEAT the opposition.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:21 pm Dandy Duo:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/
A little late:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11061
winwave
Top of the WAVE

McMillan makes the Unitas watch list:

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2019/8 ... -list.aspx
JerseyWave
Riptide

Utterly ridiculous for Tulane to censure a practice report three weeks before the season starts. It was a thorough report but you couldn’t gain any perspective on formations, plays, personnel groupings , pace of the action and so on. Preparations for the FIU game hadn’t even started yet. Fritz was outcoached by Butch Davis two years ago and our quarterback was horrible. You want to win, then coach better and execute!

I’m pissed that Tulane is trying to control a fan forum and Troy Dannen blocked me on Twitter last year after I called for Willie Fritz’s firing when we blew the SMU game for the third year in a row.
No excuses, just win!
wavedomer
Trickle

My dad is an ND grad, so I have grown up following them. It’s a tough compare. Football at ND is another world and a major chunk of Brian Kelly’s job is dealing with alum, past players, and media. It’s part of why coaches there only last a certain amount of time. Fritz is just trying to get Tulane into a winning tradition and build a program. He may make mistakes, and this may have been one. I just think it’s a tough compare.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Not sure if any of you are on Reddit, but I follow Tulane and this little gem literally just popped up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulane/comment ... t_8142019/
Roll Wave!
greenie78
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 am Not sure if any of you are on Reddit, but I follow Tulane and this little gem literally just popped up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tulane/comment ... t_8142019/
Wow. Winwave took his act to Reddit.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'll take it your joking. Just to be clear I most certainly didn't do that.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its interesting that it specifically says, "originally posted on gotula.net". So, you may not have done it, but it surely is YOUR report.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:33 pm Its interesting that it specifically says, "originally posted on gotula.net". So, you may not have done it, but it surely is YOUR report.
That makes me think it was probably someone from over on YOGWF.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:33 pm Its interesting that it specifically says, "originally posted on gotula.net". So, you may not have done it, but it surely is YOUR report.
I have no idea how that site works. Never been on it or read it before what Steve posted. Like Steve said apparently someone copied and pasted it onto the yoggie site from what I've been told.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It's clearly a cut/paste job. What I don't get is why someone from YOGWF would do that, given their paranoia about anything that's not Olive Green and Sky Blue? And they kept it for a couple of days then posted it? It doesn't add up.

I'm interested if the same people that requested it be removed from this site make the same request to reddit?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:23 pm It's clearly a cut/paste job. What I don't get is why someone from YOGWF would do that, given their paranoia about anything that's not Olive Green and Sky Blue? And they kept it for a couple of days then posted it? It doesn't add up.

I'm interested if the same people that requested it be removed from this site make the same request to reddit?
I wasn't saying it was them, I just found it weird that we were mentioned at the top of it, and they are the only ones I know of who copied and pasted it last week. But, I'm sure it was circulated around Tulane as well... so who knows.

I did share the report on the blog (taken down last week), and had planned to put it back up after the first game next week.

blog/football-fall-practice-report-8-14-2019/
Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So whom do we think is the mystery culprit? I would doubt winwave would do this as he's a very loyal Green Wave fan. Yes he might have been pissed off, but he's already on record saying it wasn't him. I'm not saying it was someone from the YOGWF but I'm wondering who would put this up?
GreenLantern
Riptide

I remember seeing win's post on the YOGGIE board and I mentioned it in this thread the day that I noticed it. Later, after the chamberpot was dumped onto the electric cooling device, I looked on YOGGIE to see if the post was still there. It was not. Wish I had made a note of the user on that board who had started the thread (it was a new thread and win's post was the first entry.)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Their account is only 4 hours old on reddit so they created a throw away account. My god, can this stupid f***ing story die.

A Ull or LSU troll would be my guess, although I’m not sure if they know how to use that site either. Also that’s a stupid category (subreddit) to put it. There is a huge college football subreddit, so it seems like they just wanted to attempt to get someone’s attention at Tulane. Draw from that your own conclusions
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I would sure hope this isn't on the coaches' radar anymore. It's all so silly. One more day and it's game week, and we can finally start some new topics. :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's a thread on YOGWF about this year's Freshman class. Fansince54 claims it was the top rated class in the AAC. I never saw anything to suggest it was ranked that high. I think it was a good recruiting year, but next year's class is the one that's top ranked in the AAC. This incoming class was middle of the pack in our conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Camp is over: