AAC Media Day Show with Tulane football discussed

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

A show put together by the American for their media days in Newport RI (a supremely beautiful place). They talk to national media, players and coaches. During the dog days of summer this is solid content. They discuss tulane as a dark horse and patrick johnson.

At the 15:00 mark and 53:00 Tulane is picked by different national guys as the sleeper. It’s cool to see that becoming a national narrative. The ESPN guys at the end are pretty good in pumping up the league. They’ll have more live coverage tmrw. I wonder where the conference coaches will pick Tulane to finish.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If you watch the 52-54 minute segment, when the ESPN guy is speaking in the background coach Fritz is talking with some other coaches. Oh to be a fly on the wall of that conversation!

No surprise, UCF is the media pick to win the conference. They have us third in the West, but we're getting a lot of "dark horse" and "sleeper" attention.

https://theamerican.org/news/2019/7/16/ ... -poll.aspx
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:55 am If you watch the 52-54 minute segment, when the ESPN guy is speaking in the background coach Fritz is talking with some other coaches. Oh to be a fly on the wall of that conversation!

No surprise, UCF is the media pick to win the conference. They have us third in the West, but we're getting a lot of "dark horse" and "sleeper" attention.

https://theamerican.org/news/2019/7/16/ ... -poll.aspx
LMAO...what moron gave SMU a first place vote ?.......
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I was unable to see the Willie Fritz interview, and cannot find a link to it. If anyone does find it, please post the link, THANKS!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think this team can compete for a conference championship this year. Maybe it's just my summer optimism, but I think we have the talent on both sides of the ball to compete and possibly win the conference title. It won't be easy, there's great coaches and a lot of talent in both divisions. But if our offensive line can be mediocre D1, our defense live up to the well deserved hype it's getting, we can give every team in this conference a run for their money.

[url]ttps://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/article_a040 ... 4a05a.html[/url]

When your defensive players are talking about how improved the offensive line is, you have to take notice.

ROLL WAVE!
anEngineer
Riptide

FIU is going to tell us a lot. If we clearly look better and win by 10 or more, we can probably compete for conference. If we struggle but pull it out, it will give confidence but we will probably have to work hard and get some breaks. If we struggle and lose, we're probably a 50/50 conference team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 pm I was unable to see the Willie Fritz interview, and cannot find a link to it. If anyone does find it, please post the link, THANKS!
Found it. Go to the 1:32:00 mark for it:

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=037 ... ada693bd20
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.