CBS predicts 2019 Wins

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Ruski
Swell

TULANE
5.5 wins: I'm a fan of Willie Fritz, was high on the Wave last season and things ended up going well enough. Tulane has improved its win total in each of Fritz's seasons, and entering his fourth, everything should be in place for another step forward. Whether that means an increase in last year's seven wins -- I'm not sure. The Wave face a difficult schedule, having to play FIU, Auburn, Houston, Army, Memphis and UCF. Still, I think they squeeze out six wins, but I'm not confident enough to bet it at this price. (Over -166, Under +140)
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... he-season/

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think he's got a decent case. I do think the schedule is more difficult than last year despite not having an Ohio State on the slate. I think we get to 7 regular season wins,, but wouldn't be shocked if we get stuck at 5. I think, compared to last season, the schedule is tougher. The OOC schedule I think is a wash, despite Auburn being a bit more winnable than Ohio State. The in-conference schedule is a bit tougher despite having UConn this year (we know the Huskies are bad!) Having to play at Memphis and at Navy, plus adding the best team in the conference, UCF, makes it a bit tougher IMHO.

That being said there should be a step forward in year four. The talent level on the roster is higher, and the offense should resemble something like the rest of the conference with the ability to put up pinball like numbers as the season progresses. The D might be the best we've had in a very long time, as D all starts with pressure up front and we might have the best D line in the conference.

I cannot wait for August 29th.

ROLL WAVE!
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ccap05
Surge

If we can beat Auburn I would think we should do better than 5.5 wins. This is just my opinion.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ccap05 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:03 pm If we can beat Auburn I would think we should do better than 5.5 wins. This is just my opinion.
I totally agree. But last year I gave us a 5% chance to beat OSU. This year I give us a 20% chance to beat Auburn. It's not impossible but it is improbable.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tufinal4
High Tide

With a real, modern, top notch OC, our QB is back and there's depth behind him, and another year of seasoning for this team, I think we win 8, worst case 7. We finished 5-1 last year after starting 2-5, remember that.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

tufinal4 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 am With a real, modern, top notch OC, our QB is back and there's depth behind him, and another year of seasoning for this team, I think we win 8, worst case 7. We finished 5-1 last year after starting 2-5, remember that.
I agree. But these analysts are lazy and dint care about tulane. With a steo forward by our offense (hard to see that not happening), the only two ways we fall apart is our secondary being atrocious or our offensive line being even worse than last year. We even have a respectable and seasoned back up QB who has been at Tulane a full year.

I dont see us taking a step back- i stand by 8 wins. Roll wave
wave97
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:30 am
tufinal4 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:17 am With a real, modern, top notch OC, our QB is back and there's depth behind him, and another year of seasoning for this team, I think we win 8, worst case 7. We finished 5-1 last year after starting 2-5, remember that.
I agree. But these analysts are lazy and dint care about tulane. With a steo forward by our offense (hard to see that not happening), the only two ways we fall apart is our secondary being atrocious or our offensive line being even worse than last year. We even have a respectable and seasoned back up QB who has been at Tulane a full year.

I dont see us taking a step back- i stand by 8 wins. Roll wave
+1
9 wins.
greenie78
Riptide

I think we get 7 at least but we have the potential to get 9 wins.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The schedule is tougher and our D should be outstanding against any opponent. The key variable between us winning 5 or 8/9 games is how effective our new O will be. If Hall’s O can put up the numbers we have a real shot at 8 or 9 wins. With a strong O, we should be eye to eye with UCF and Houston.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:41 pm I think we get 7 at least but we have the potential to get 9 wins.

I agree. A 6-6 season is the worst case scenario with what we are bringing back.