Phil Steele Tulane projections

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Has anyone read the magazine yet as it pertains to Tulane ? I know online he named 12 tulane players to his all conference team and our long-snapper as an all american. I heard him interviewed on an ECU podcast, and he didn't really mention us by name but had memphis and houston contending and smu and navy as most improved.

When i look at where teams left off last year (3 way tie atop the west and we ended hot) and what team lost and what they gained- it seems like we made up significant ground with memphis (henderson gone) and houston (ed oliver and line gone).

Now its time to prove it.

nawlinspete
Riptide

Only those who pre ordered and pre paid have the magazine now . On news stands June 25 .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
dza
Ripple

Not true Pete. Just bought one at Books=a=Million in Hammond. After a quick glance I noticed Steele doesn't have us in his projected bowl games. Also said Tulane should be a contender in the AAC West.
nawlinspete
Riptide

dza wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:53 pm Not true Pete. Just bought one at Books=a=Million in Hammond. After a quick glance I noticed Steele doesn't have us in his projected bowl games. Also said Tulane should be a contender in the AAC West.
What would Phil know. Your bookstore was not supposed to sell until 6 / 25 per Phil

Where I usually get it every year had none out yet when I checked earlier today .

Disappointing that we are not projected bowl bound , which contradicts our projection of being Division contender again ...
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Phil Steele knows nothing more about Tulane football than most that post here. His magazine has content that was written in April.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

Steele does an in depth interview with Willie Fritz every spring. He thanked him on Twitter.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:53 pm Phil Steele knows nothing more about Tulane football than most that post here. His magazine has content that was written in April.
I Agree. By accuracy, athlon rates #1 apparently and phil # 4.

Looking for content to pass the days until football starts !