New Cleats?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I don't know about this... :?

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I agree. I always liked the all white cleats.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I’m sure if they ever see a game they will be used sparingly. But still.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
nawlinspete
Riptide

Here's a cheer for The Olive and The Blue....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Citypark
Ripple

The Green Wave athletic department is determined to move from having the finest look in football uniforms (ex. '79 Rock Hontas) to the most ridiculous!!! In addition, having a totally different uniform for every game creates NO team identity or mark for non Tulane fans around the country. We have become the poor man's Oregon Ducks.
posse
High Tide

Citypark wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 pm The Green Wave athletic department is determined to move from having the finest look in football uniforms (ex. '79 Rock Hontas) to the most ridiculous!!! In addition, having a totally different uniform for every game creates NO team identity or mark for non Tulane fans around the country. We have become the poor man's Oregon Ducks.
Agree with Citypark 1,000 %.

Sad we don't wear a traditional Tulane uniform anymore. I don't think we wore the traditional uniform last year (GREEN Jersey, White Pants, trimmed in Sky Blue.). Maybe got close in one game.

Guess I am just getting to old, but we just don't look like a Tulane Football Team anymore....
GreenLantern
Riptide

I'm with posse. Green jerseys, white pants and throw in an Angry Wave green helmet. That's a classic look that is as good as any in college football.
Wave755
Tsunami

Citypark wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:54 pm The Green Wave athletic department is determined to move from having the finest look in football uniforms (ex. '79 Rock Hontas) to the most ridiculous!!! In addition, having a totally different uniform for every game creates NO team identity or mark for non Tulane fans around the country. We have become the poor man's Oregon Ducks.
+1000, the Dr. Roch Hontas uniforms of 1979 were the best ever but after saying “no” to Lindy Infante for head coach and hiring instead Vince Gibson, Hindman Wall then as inexplicably changed completely our uniform look for 1980?.

Only at Tulane, and sad, truly sad. And I, and every Wave fan I know, hates the new “lizard green” look we now wear so often under Troy Dannen.
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Some of the helmets they used last year were hideous...I like the cresting green wave but some of those abstract POS need to be burned
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

posse wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Sad we don't wear a traditional Tulane uniform anymore. I don't think we wore the traditional uniform last year (GREEN Jersey, White Pants, trimmed in Sky Blue.). Maybe got close in one game.

Guess I am just getting to old, but we just don't look like a Tulane Football Team anymore....
And fortunately we aren't playing like a Tulane Football Team anymore.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:59 pm I'm with posse. Green jerseys, white pants and throw in an Angry Wave green helmet. That's a classic look that is as good as any in college football.
Put sky blue numbers outlined in white on that combination and I'm with you. It would also look good with an Angry Wave white helmet.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:35 am
Some of the helmets they used last year were hideous...I like the cresting green wave but some of those abstract POS need to be burned
The worst looking helmets that we wore last year were the Cure Bowl helmets. Awesomely ugly, and you couldn't really tell what was on the helmet other than a bunch of random thin green lines.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

In the end, I think we'll continue to see the "flash and dash" unis. That's what today's players like. I don't think many of us will win any future Tulane games.
wave97
Swell

When we play at Auburn this year we had better wear the '79 Roch Hontas uni. They are carbon copies of the Auburn uni. Blue & Green vs Orange & Blue. Classic!
The cleats are hideous.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:35 pm
posse wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:20 pm

And fortunately we aren't playing like a Tulane Football Team anymore.
:thumbup:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:02 pm When we play at Auburn this year we had better wear the '79 Roch Hontas uni. They are carbon copies of the Auburn uni. Blue & Green vs Orange & Blue. Classic!
That would be cool.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 pm In the end, I think we'll continue to see the "flash and dash" unis. That's what today's players like. I don't think many of us will win any future Tulane games.
I am looking forward ot the fash and dasd unis of 'Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, Michigan State, Auburn and many others...I may have to learn how to set the DVD to record when Saban and other's allow them to be worn
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 pm In the end, I think we'll continue to see the "flash and dash" unis. That's what today's players like. I don't think many of us will win any future Tulane games.
I am looking forward ot the fash and dasd unis of 'Bama, Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, USC, Michigan State, Auburn and many others...I may have to learn how to set the DVD to record when Saban and other's allow them to be worn
Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State have rolled out “flash and dash” unis. In fact, most of the football factories have by now. Only a very few haven’t.
UptWave91
Ripple

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:40 pm
Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State have rolled out “flash and dash” unis. In fact, most of the football factories have by now. Only a very few haven’t.
You my friend are the only person in the thread to get it and understand it I see so far. Pretty much ever major school but a few have done it & still do it. These people are just stuck in their times.
My buddy is the EQ Manager so we talked about it, he says he laughs at this stuff. The best part is that they say Tulane tradition, look at the uniform “tradition” over the years. There was never a tradition. They changed decals on helmets and all.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am
You my friend are the only person in the thread to get it and understand it I see so far. Pretty much ever major school but a few have done it & still do it. These people are just stuck in their times.
My buddy is the EQ Manager so we talked about it, he says he laughs at this stuff. The best part is that they say Tulane tradition, look at the uniform “tradition” over the years. There was never a tradition. They changed decals on helmets and all.
Pleae enlighten us with a few links, so we can all be impressed by the new threads...and do not include the Oregon Ducks, who are nothing more than a walking Nike billboard...and fyi, do not post the 24/7 concept uniform link, because those uni's do not exist
UptWave91
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 am
UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am
Pleae enlighten us with a few links, so we can all be impressed by the new threads...and do not include the Oregon Ducks, who are nothing more than a walking Nike billboard...and fyi, do not post the 24/7 concept uniform link, because those uni's do not exist
Ok ill let you pick and choose
School Up River - Image
Michigan State - Image
Tennessee - just went back to the "Power T" but they had the smokey gray Image
University Of Florida - Horrible but did it Image
Oklahoma - Rough Neck Image they switch it up a little

NOTRE DAME - Pick Any One https://www.google.com/search?q=notre+d ... 80&bih=624
Ohio State - Pick any one other than the "traditional White/Red" https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... 70#imgrc=_
UCLA - Since switching to Under Armor nothing yet but under adidas Pick one https://www.google.com/search?q=ucla+al ... 24&dpr=1.5
Texas A&M Every year there's one so you pick https://www.google.com/search?q=texas+a ... 24&dpr=1.5
Nebraska - https://www.google.com/search?q=nebrask ... 80&bih=624
Should i keep going because i can, I've given you schools with TRADITION, like i said most have, but not all.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

LSU, Florida nad Michigan state are ugly and that is being polite..OU is nothing more than what they normally wear, crimson and white
UptWave91
Ripple

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am LSU, Florida nad Michigan state are ugly and that is being polite..OU is nothing more than what they normally wear, crimson and white
so out of the 10 schools i mention you said one was a normal wear.
That was just the schools with pics, look at those links you asked for if you havent.
Ugly or not it was still done by schools with TRADITION and WINNING TRADITION at that.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

UptWave91 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:40 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:27 am LSU, Florida nad Michigan state are ugly and that is being polite..OU is nothing more than what they normally wear, crimson and white
so out of the 10 schools i mention you said one was a normal wear.
That was just the schools with pics, look at those links you asked for if you havent.
Ugly or not it was still done by schools with TRADITION and WINNING TRADITION at that.
Tennessee...is not that different than what they normally wear, they subbed dark gray for white...I only looked at the pics you posted, not all of the links...OU is not that different, no crappy color combo, just a few elongated lines......Hey, their choice, they wished to look like shit, more exlax to them