Fritz and punting

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Fascinating article. Everyone should read this...especially Coach Fritz.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Have to believe that coach Hall will be much more prepared and aggressive in these situations than Coach Ruse was
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think the 10 worst punts say more about Fritz's confidence in our FG game and our passing game than it does about Willie Fritz's decision-making abilities. For the most part our passing game has been horrendous, and our FG game close to horrendous.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:40 pm I think the 10 worst punts say more about Fritz's confidence in our FG game and our passing game than it does about Willie Fritz's decision-making abilities. For the most part our passing game has been horrendous, and our FG game close to horrendous.
I agree with this take. Those wake forest games were absolute grinds and we were completely unable to have a passing game of any kind. The FG kicking was also absolutely brutal. I still dont feel great about the kicking game still (despite strange comments rom coaches and analysts) but maybe this year we will be consistent from 40 in. We have made strides every year, and i do believe this will be the year we put it all together.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:40 pm I think the 10 worst punts say more about Fritz's confidence in our FG game and our passing game than it does about Willie Fritz's decision-making abilities. For the most part our passing game has been horrendous, and our FG game close to horrendous.
Exactly. In Willie’s first two years, he was just trying to hang on and keep each game within respectability. All a consequence of Cowen’s stellar vision and leadership.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana