6 Players Drafted, 3 Pitchers

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
gbgreenie
High Tide
Posts: 354
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Another case of poor coaching, good recruiter, like Buddy Teevens. 3 pitchers drafted from a terrible pitching staff amazes me. Next year will be Jewitt's last chance to win like we expect at Tulane.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/06/tul ... draft.html


mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5594
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:34 pm

gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Another case of poor coaching, good recruiter, like Buddy Teevens. 3 pitchers drafted from a terrible pitching staff amazes me. Next year will be Jewitt's last chance to win like we expect at Tulane.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/06/tul ... draft.html
Solesky is probably gone. Cellucci almost certainly gone as a 12th. So you lose your best two starters and one of the top relievers on an already bad staff.
Mathews might be back, but may have graduated and at the very least had some solid numbers so might get way above slot.
Next year could be a real mess. Maybe all the new faces will step up..... or be coached up????
pansdad
Ripple
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:54 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Coached UP by whom??????
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:06 pm

JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 pm

gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Another case of poor coaching, good recruiter, like Buddy Teevens. 3 pitchers drafted from a terrible pitching staff amazes me. Next year will be Jewitt's last chance to win like we expect at Tulane.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/06/tul ... draft.html
Incredible waste of talent. We’ve never had more players ever drafted in one season in our history. Jewett failed in a big way to win with talent. How in the hell is he going to win next year with less talent?
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am

Amazing that we tied our record for most players drafted and both years we didn't go to a Regional. Only at Tulane.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:17 am

winwave wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am
Amazing that we tied our record for most players drafted and both years we didn't go to a Regional. Only at Tulane.
I remember ‘07 well. Rice went like 22-2 in CUSA and won 55 games overall. LSU also failed to go to a Regional that year. It was the first time since 1984 that both Tulane or LSU failed to make a Regional. The Katrina effect. The last 3 seasons were the Jewett effect.
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2347
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:59 am

Show Me wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:17 pm
gbgreenie wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:07 pm
Another case of poor coaching, good recruiter, like Buddy Teevens. 3 pitchers drafted from a terrible pitching staff amazes me. Next year will be Jewitt's last chance to win like we expect at Tulane.

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/06/tul ... draft.html
Incredible waste of talent. We’ve never had more players ever drafted in one season in our history. Jewett failed in a big way to win with talent. How in the hell is he going to win next year with less talent?
We won’t win next year. TD is condemning Tulane baseball to a sacrificial lost season, next year. For a prequel to next year’s baseball season, see Dunleavy’s last season.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:26 am

Show Me wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:17 am
winwave wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am
Amazing that we tied our record for most players drafted and both years we didn't go to a Regional. Only at Tulane.
I remember ‘07 well. Rice went like 22-2 in CUSA and won 55 games overall. LSU also failed to go to a Regional that year. It was the first time since 1984 that both Tulane or LSU failed to make a Regional. The Katrina effect. The last 3 seasons were the Jewett effect.
You can make all the excuses you want but there's no difference. Who cares what Rice did. So what that LSWHO didn't go. We had six players drafted and didn't make it. No Katrina affect. It was two years after Katrina.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:35 am

winwave wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:26 am
Show Me wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:17 am
winwave wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:44 am
Amazing that we tied our record for most players drafted and both years we didn't go to a Regional. Only at Tulane.
I remember ‘07 well. Rice went like 22-2 in CUSA and won 55 games overall. LSU also failed to go to a Regional that year. It was the first time since 1984 that both Tulane or LSU failed to make a Regional. The Katrina effect. The last 3 seasons were the Jewett effect.
You can make all the excuses you want but there's no difference. Who cares what Rice did. So what that LSWHO didn't go. We had six players drafted and didn't make it. No Katrina affect. It was two years after Katrina.
Two years of lost recruits. Two years of Zephyr field. No excuse that is just the fact. The entire school and athletic program was negatively impacted by Katrina. We practically lost an entire recruiting class because of it. You’re really showing your hate for Jones now. Without any question had Katrina not hit here we would have been in a Regional. We would have also been in Turchin and not Zephyr. Players driving to a from school to Zephyr just to practice had a big impact. You don’t know what you’re talking about if you don’t think Katrina had an affect.
We were in a regional final once again the following year in 2008.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:07 am

Excuses. Thanks for making my point . One year later we were in a Regional. That's not enough time to make up for the excuses you make. I don't hate Jones. You just need to get your head out of his ass. I guess Katrina caused us to miss Regionals six years in a row. SHOW ME.We had 6 guys drafted in 2007 and didn't go to a Regional. so like I said it's happened to us before.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:38 am

Once again you can’t accept facts. Katrina had a big impact. Ask UNO. They were forced to go down in classification and almost killed baseball altogether. I know nothing going to change your hate for Jones. Enjoy the rest of your day.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:45 pm

Excuse maker . Its what you've always been. Make excuses for the coaches you personally like and play up the show me persona for those you don't like. We made a Regional in 2006. we made one in 2008. Pathetic to blame 2007 on Katrina. Like I said we had six players drafted that year. and we didn't make it. Now we've done it again. As to Zephyr we won a super Regional there so no excuse. Enough already.

As to UNO they talked about dropping down but never did.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Yes we won a SR at Zephyr but to compare that with 2 years of practices and games is nonsensical. As far as UNO goes you are wrong. For the 2012 season they competed as a Division II Independent. So you are WRONG. They moved back to D1 in 2013 because of Maestri’s efforts. They did drop down in classification like I said. Of course you found another way to piss on the winningest coach in Tulane history. A cheap shot to bring in Jones into this but no surprise coming from you.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:02 pm

Never ending excuses. Exactly as expected. Like I said we made Regionals in 2006 and 2008 yet you want to blame 2007 on Katrina. Sad. Then resorting to shots at me..Again expected.

UNO did not drop down. You're wrong as usual.

March 8, 2012 - University of New Orleans President Dr. Peter Fos announces that UNO will withdraw its NCAA Division II application and remain Division I.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:15 pm

DII Independent. You’re wrong. That’s why we couldn’t play them in 2012.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Ne ... eball_team
The team was led by fourth year head coach, Bruce Peddie who came off of a 17-27 record for the 2012 season. For the 2013 season, the Privateers competed as a Division I Independent after a 1-year stint as a Division II Independent.[1][2][3]
Here’s their 2012 DII schedule
https://unoprivateers.com/mobile/schedu ... hedule=247

Like I said they played down in classification.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:39 pm

Wrong about that but right about whatever happened with them in 2012 didn’t have anything to do with us not making a Regional in 2007 despite having 6 players drafted.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:29 am

JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:08 pm

The MLB signing deadline has passed. Mathews will be back. Benoit didn't sign either.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Post Reply