Starting lineup Tulane Basketball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This was our starting lineup & bench prediction from the AAC board:

Tulane:
1-Ray Ona Embo G - 6'5
2-Nic Thomas- G - 6'2 (Grad transfer)
3-Christion Thompson- G- 6'4 (Grad Transfer)
4-KJ Lawson- G/F - 6'8 (Grad Transfer)
5-Kevin Zhang- G/F - 6'9

League Bench ranking:
# 9- Tulane- jelly walker/ interesting freshman/ transfer applying for waiver

Strange to see zhang as the big man ! Our bench should be . . . Interesting. PG is a position of strength with Ray Ona Embo (who this messege board voted as second all AAC) & Walker. Days and the new pf should be interesting as well. Can we make the NIT ? Maybe thats crazy talk

Jaxwave
Swell

Yes, it’s crazy talk.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Unless Zhang adapts to Hunter’s defensive principles at a far faster pace than I expect, I think we'll see Walker out there instead of him. Pretty clear that if you're not playing Coach's defense, you're not playing.
Last edited by WavyHoops on Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 7:41 am Yes, it’s crazy talk.
:D

And yes i agree it seems like walker will play a great deal this year.
swampnik
Surge

I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 am Unless Zhang adapts to Hunter’s defensive principles at a far faster pace than I expect, I think we'll see Walker out there instead of him. Pretty clear that if you're not playing Coach's defense, you're not playing.
Exactly. Hunter's teams seem to emphasize defense, physical play and rebounding--not exactly Zhang's forte. He'll have to completely morph to fit into such a system. But who knows, maybe he can. Right now, his greatest contribution to Hunter's team would be as a long range zone buster on offense.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
I'll just point out that he said the same thing about Cornish. Hopefully this turns out different.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:20 pm
swampnik wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
I'll just point out that he said the same thing about Cornish. Hopefully this turns out different.
Yep. It’s always convenient for a losing coach to say that his best player can’t play this year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981