Starting lineup Tulane Basketball

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 2:28 am

This was our starting lineup & bench prediction from the AAC board:

Tulane:
1-Ray Ona Embo G - 6'5
2-Nic Thomas- G - 6'2 (Grad transfer)
3-Christion Thompson- G- 6'4 (Grad Transfer)
4-KJ Lawson- G/F - 6'8 (Grad Transfer)
5-Kevin Zhang- G/F - 6'9

League Bench ranking:
# 9- Tulane- jelly walker/ interesting freshman/ transfer applying for waiver


Strange to see zhang as the big man ! Our bench should be . . . Interesting. PG is a position of strength with Ray Ona Embo (who this messege board voted as second all AAC) & Walker. Days and the new pf should be interesting as well. Can we make the NIT ? Maybe thats crazy talk


Jaxwave
Swell
Posts: 1019
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 7:41 am

Yes, it’s crazy talk.
WavyHoops
Low Tide
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 am

Unless Zhang adapts to Hunter’s defensive principles at a far faster pace than I expect, I think we'll see Walker out there instead of him. Pretty clear that if you're not playing Coach's defense, you're not playing.
Last edited by WavyHoops on Fri May 31, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 9:17 am

Jaxwave wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:41 am
Yes, it’s crazy talk.
:D

And yes i agree it seems like walker will play a great deal this year.
swampnik
Surge
Posts: 522
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm

I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2346
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 3:16 pm

WavyHoops wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 am
Unless Zhang adapts to Hunter’s defensive principles at a far faster pace than I expect, I think we'll see Walker out there instead of him. Pretty clear that if you're not playing Coach's defense, you're not playing.
Exactly. Hunter's teams seem to emphasize defense, physical play and rebounding--not exactly Zhang's forte. He'll have to completely morph to fit into such a system. But who knows, maybe he can. Right now, his greatest contribution to Hunter's team would be as a long range zone buster on offense.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14674
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 3:20 pm

swampnik wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm
I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
I'll just point out that he said the same thing about Cornish. Hopefully this turns out different.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19029
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri May 31, 2019 4:04 pm

winwave wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:20 pm
swampnik wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:15 pm
I think Days and Walker both will be starting sometime during the year. CMD always said Walker was the most talented player during practice drills.
I'll just point out that he said the same thing about Cornish. Hopefully this turns out different.
Yep. It’s always convenient for a losing coach to say that his best player can’t play this year.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Post Reply