Blake Mahmood Pitcher Commit

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
gbgreenie
Surge

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=bl ... ORM=VRDGAR

Nice looking pitcher, strange his face is looking straight down to the ground as he releases the ball. His eyes lose contact with both batter and catcher. Check out the video!!! His hat can't even stay on, releases the ball looking down.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Based upon gbg analytics this guy sucks. I wonder why we would go to MN to recruit someone that doesn't measure up to gbgmetrics? Maybe it's the catcher's fault, if there even is one in those films!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yep. He looks like the kind of guy that can throw strikes blindfolded. Great pickup. :mrgreen:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

DT from CT, another smart ass comment, remember Cellucci lost control during the season and could not throw strikes remember what was the problem, well you probably don't so I will remind you. I don't pull my observations out a hat somewhere but will let the comments from Latham speak for me.

The change for Tulane pitcher Brendan Cellucci came four weeks into the season.
At that point, pitching coach Daniel Latham told Cellucci how the left-handed sophomore from just outside Philadelphia hadn’t been looking toward the plate when he released the ball, and a slight change in his motion since then has made a significant difference in recent games. The catchers mitt is the target, and in baseball, bowling, archery, shooting range, the eyes must stay on target as you follow thru, not rocket science DT, just common sense!!!.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

So, again, based upon gbgmetrics, this kid stinks!
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 am DT from CT, another smart ass comment, remember Cellucci lost control during the season and could not throw strikes remember what was the problem, well you probably don't so I will remind you. I don't pull my observations out a hat somewhere but will let the comments from Latham speak for me.

At that point, pitching coach Daniel Latham told Cellucci how the left-handed sophomore from just outside Philadelphia hadn’t been looking toward the plate when he released the ball, and a slight change in his motion since then has made a significant difference in recent games. The catchers mitt is the target, and in baseball, bowling, archery, shooting range, the eyes must stay on target as you follow thru, not rocket science DT, just common sense!!!.
That didn’t really fix Cellucci. Probably had nothing to do with his struggles some pitchers don’t look at the target that closely.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 am
gbgreenie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 am DT from CT, another smart ass comment, remember Cellucci lost control during the season and could not throw strikes remember what was the problem, well you probably don't so I will remind you. I don't pull my observations out a hat somewhere but will let the comments from Latham speak for me.

That didn’t really fix Cellucci. Probably had nothing to do with his struggles some pitchers don’t look at the target that closely.
I knew some Pitchers who just focused on a Zip Code
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

You talk like a little league coach.
Show Me
Tsunami

As far as looking at a target most professional bowlers don’t look at the pins.
They look at the board arrows 15 feet out not the pins 60 feet out.
A few great MLB pitchers never looked at home plate during their deliveries until the last moment.
gbgreenie
Surge

Wow, I was a bowler you target is the spot take your eye off and you hook your arm. Well his last moment his hat flies off as his eyes are on the ground. At the point of release your eye needs to be on the target. Must I be as clear as the point of a needle.
Pepper
Swell

LMAO!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Comical commentary by gbg once again. I don't think professional writers could make this up! Contradicts himself in the same thread! LMFAO!

What was even better was his attempt to edit out the sleezy part of his posts about having an extra ticket for a UConn football game in Yulman a few years back. (The game was a few years back, his attempt to edit was this week!) He didn't realize that the post had already been quoted and he couldn't edit someone else's quoting of his post!!!
BC Wave
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:24 pm Wow, I was a bowler you target is the spot take your eye off and you hook your arm. Well his last moment his hat flies off as his eyes are on the ground. At the point of release your eye needs to be on the target. Must I be as clear as the point of a needle.
I will settle for clarity as to the level of 5th grade grammar.