Houston takes the Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:00 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:37 pm Gozzo thrown out at third for the second out. Normally not a bad risk but Kody was coming up with what have been 1st and 2nd with one out.

Well then a caught stealing at 2nd with Kody up. Ends the inning. Two base running outs with ur golden spikes hitter coming up/hitting. Idk what to think.
Just two more examples of our primo coaching.
You forgot to mention the piss poor job the pitching coach is doing . The "JOB ONE " is pitching . He is the one who has to face the facts and admit he is not up to the job . He is WAY over his head .
Great job by our pitching coach in the bottom of the 9th. He coached the bases loaded strikeout of Houston’s best hitter to save the game. :roll:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:34 pm You forgot to mention the piss poor job the pitching coach is doing . The "JOB ONE " is pitching . He is the one who has to face the facts and admit he is not up to the job . He is WAY over his head .
Nobody needs to mention it, we have a troll that brings it up 3 or 4x a week. That troll doesn't understand that a first year pitching coach, without any of his own recruits, has a track record that demonstrates his ability to get the job done.

The pitching has been bad since Jewett got here. The constant has been Jewett (and the troll's idiotic posts) not Latham.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:37 am
Houma de Wave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:20 am
alumniwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:48 am So baseball wins and secures 2nd place in the AAC.
You guys have to be the worst “fans” in the country. Bunch of crying complaining bitches. Too bad you guys can’t be fired.
I’m with you in being ecstatic when we win. I think most on this site want us to win...MOST!
I can’t get ecstatic about a win that means so little.
We’re 29-21, RPI of 89. Our next meaningful game is in Clearwater for the AAC Tournament. No win before then is worth celebrating. You can choose to celebrate them if you want, but I won’t get too excited.
Understood...As I said...most.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let's go get the series win on the road. The pitching issues persist but at least the bats have come back.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

alumniwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:48 am So baseball wins and secures 2nd place in the AAC.
You guys have to be the worst “fans” in the country. Bunch of crying complaining bitches. Too bad you guys can’t be fired.
The game ended at 1:35 in the morning. It's Sunday and Mother's Day. People have a lot going on.
Last edited by winwave on Sun May 12, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I won't go to the extent that Winwave went to, but this is an idiotic, borderline troll post. We clinched NOTHING. We could lose today, get swept by UConn and finish 6th or 7th in a 9 team league. We're on the outside looking if as far as making the NCAA tournament goes. Yes, a good finish to May could have us in the tournament, but we're not finishing strong, at least not the past couple of weeks. Win something worth us celebrating, and we all will. But being in second place with a week to go before the AAC tournament is NOTHING TO CELEBRATE.
Wave755
Tsunami

Game 3 Final: Houston 5, Wave 2 😭
Sunamiwave
High Tide

It’s hard to see at this point how Jewett makes it past this season. I would imagine that Troy has started compiling a list of candidates that he would like to interview for the position.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 pm It’s hard to see at this point how Jewett makes it past this season. I would imagine that Troy has started compiling a list of candidates that he would like to interview for the position.
The list should start and end within a few miles of campus. We all know that AC is right there waiting for a chance. And Troy can fix the mistake he made three years ago by hiring the guy giving both TD and AC a second chance. This is a no-brainer.
TURVS71
Swell

A LOSING or BREAK EVEN conference record staring us square in the face. Unacceptable since this is Jewitt’s 3rd year and that the AAC was weaker this year.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Disappointing but not unexpected with the way the season has gone. The schedule was dumbed down this year to help the team have a winning season. Then the conference schedule also had us playing the weaker teams in the first half of the schedule. So it helped the record and gave a deceiving impression. We're not fooled though. This was a Regional or bust season. The only way it happens now is with winning the AAC tournament. With our pitching issues that's not very likely to happen.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:28 pm It’s hard to see at this point how Jewett makes it past this season. I would imagine that Troy has started compiling a list of candidates that he would like to interview for the position.
The list should start and end within a few miles of campus. We all know that AC is right there waiting for a chance. And Troy can fix the mistake he made three years ago by hiring the guy giving both TD and AC a second chance. This is a no-brainer.
+1,000,000. Exactly. Both TD and AC have the rare opportunity to resurrect each other.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

With the close of West Coast play our rpi is 89.

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live
Last edited by Wave755 on Mon May 13, 2019 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Cape Cod, Mel Ott and Audubon Leagues await !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:03 pm Disappointing but not unexpected with the way the season has gone. The schedule was dumbed down this year to help the team have a winning season. Then the conference schedule also had us playing the weaker teams in the first half of the schedule. So it helped the record and gave a deceiving impression. We're not fooled though. This was a Regional or bust season. The only way it happens now is with winning the AAC tournament. With our pitching issues that's not very likely to happen.
Right on target.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.