ECU Wins the Series 2-1

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Going for record attendance:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... f38fb.html

No doubt a big one for both teams. Can we finally put it all together?
Last edited by winwave on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

Lucky to win one with our pitching.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Are there weather issues in Eastern Carolina? The game broadcast is now saying it will start at 7:45 EDT. The link on the Tulanegreenwave.com website brings you to ECU vs. UConn softball. Somebody in the TULANE Athletics Dept. should fix that quickly.

Edit: The game started a few minutes after 8 PM EDT. With one out and a 3-1 count to Hoese, one of the light towers went dark, and the game is temporarily suspended until it can get back online. The ECU announcers tell us that this has happened before, more than once! Now it seems that other lights are out as well.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:36 pm Are there weather issues in Eastern Carolina? The game broadcast is now saying it will start at 7:45 EDT. The link on the Tulanegreenwave.com website brings you to ECU vs. UConn softball. Somebody in the TULANE Athletics Dept. should fix that quickly.
Click the box below the softball game. Game started and is now in a delay as a light tower has gone out. You may know this already if you’re listening to Graf.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

With our pitching, down 6-0 in the third, I'll stop watching and check in tomorrow hoping a miracle occurred.
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:30 pm With our pitching, down 6-0 in the third, I'll stop watching and check in tomorrow hoping a miracle occurred.
How can the problem be our pitching ?

After all we have a Tulane hall of fame pitcher as our pitching coach ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

ECU softball; wonderful. Getting crushed 8-0.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Pretty much what we were expecting but hopefully we can pick it up Saturday
and Sunday. If we get sweeped or is it swept, fughabouit!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Wave755
Tsunami

ECU, rpi 7, crushes Wave in game one, 14 to 0.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

This is just a precursor for the rest of this season. We can forget about RPI’s and what it might take to get into the NCAA’s. This team just doesn’t have it—despite the strong hitting, until last night. The pitching problems are well documented, and our fielding and base running continues to be suspect. Talent is critical, and Jewett just isn’t going to be able to reel in the talent we need. If you had a son, who was a very talented high school baseball player, would you want him playing in this program, for Jewett?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
swampnik
Surge

ECU came up with a pretty good trick early on to "freeze" Hoese by turning out the lights at 3 and 1 count.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Wave755
Tsunami

ECU’s rpi is now 3!
Bigschtick
Riptide

I had to go to Ye Olde to get the score of Saturday game! Pretty sad there was no one that could bring themselves
to post it here! We lost .
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am I had to go to Ye Olde to get the score of Saturday game! Pretty sad there was no one that could bring themselves
I guess the ECU fans will be bringing their brooms to today’s game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 am
Bigschtick wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am I had to go to Ye Olde to get the score of Saturday game! Pretty sad there was no one that could bring themselves
I guess the ECU fans will be bringing their brooms to today’s game.
sez, Sonny & Cher...' and the BEAT goes on".....and Kevin Bacon from "Animal House"..."Thank U sir, may I have another'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

ECU was ranked 11th. No surprise.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:25 am ECU was ranked 11th. No surprise.
Those damn dye-rectional schools
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 am
It is a state school of North Carolina, and is very much like Tulane in that a lot of their students aren't able to get into UNC so they go to ECU (a lot of ours, me included, couldn't get into an Ivy, so they go to Tulane.) Although it technically is a "directional school" most alumni would argue that it represents East Carolina meaning the Eastern region of both NC and SC. I don't totally get it myself, and I lived in NC my Senior year of HS. But they've had a very proud and supportive fan base, much more so than Tulane, for a long time. A huge part of it is that most of their alumni are from the Carolinas and stayed in the Carolina's after graduating.

That doesn't make them any better than Tulane, as we clearly are head and shoulders above them academically. It just means their a bigger school with a bigger and more loyal fan base.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:26 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 am
It is a state school of North Carolina, and is very much like Tulane in that a lot of their students aren't able to get into UNC so they go to ECU (a lot of ours, me included, couldn't get into an Ivy, so they go to Tulane.) Although it technically is a "directional school" most alumni would argue that it represents East Carolina meaning the Eastern region of both NC and SC. I don't totally get it myself, and I lived in NC my Senior year of HS. But they've had a very proud and supportive fan base, much more so than Tulane, for a long time. A huge part of it is that most of their alumni are from the Carolinas and stayed in the Carolina's after graduating.

That doesn't make them any better than Tulane, as we clearly are head and shoulders above them academically. It just means their a bigger school with a bigger and more loyal fan base.
D....Some on this site have issues with directional universities, I have zero issues with those obtaining degrees from those schools.......
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tulane leads 9 to 5 after coming back from a 5-0 deficit.

I guess math isn't a strong spot for ECU as their announcers just told us "ECU hasn't had this big of a deficit since early March when the Pirates fell behind 5-0 in the first inning. That was the Pirates biggest deficit until today against the Tulane offense."

'nut: Directional Universities vary in their athletic and academic successes. Western Connecticut, for example is just above a community college both academically and athletically. ECU is probably an equal to Appalachian St academically and MAYBE a step up athletically. But they have a great rowdy and loyal fanbase.
Houma de Wave
Swell

GREAT WIN after getting outscored 22-2 in the first 2 games.

Down 5-0, you come back!
Cellucci gives it his all!
Trent Johnson throws 2 DP pitches and, thank the Lord, the IF comes up with the one we needed.
We hit the krap out the ball!
Wave755
Tsunami

:D Beating these guys just once this weekend has our rpi up to 75, ECU is now rpi 5.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It was VERY important not to get swept. Well done to rally from down 5-0 and not having a lead the entire weekend to salvage game 3. This Wave team doesn't give up, and neither should we. We still have a chance to finish 2nd in the conference and do damage in the conference tourney. The last few weekends of the regular season are critical, as we all know.

ROLL WAVE!
Show Me
Tsunami

Needed the series win here. I remember there was a time when we go up there and sweep or series win those guys on a regular basis. Sad how low the expectations are hoping we don’t get swept nowadays. We still have Zero quality series wins. The committee won’t care about finishing 2nd if we have 0 quality series wins.
Last edited by Show Me on Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.