ECU Wins the Series 2-1

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Thank Goodness! No Sweep.

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looking like a 2 bid league this year. ECU in along with either Tulane or UCONN. I don’t think Houston has a shot. Need to win that UCONN series for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:17 pm Needed the series win here. I remember there was a time when we go up there and sweep or series win those guys on a regular basis. Sad how low the expectations are hoping we don’t get swept nowadays. We still have Zero quality series wins. The committee won’t care about finishing 2nd if we have 0 quality series wins.
:confused: ,this ECU team is now 13-2 in conference after losing to us today? A road series win against these guys was asking for something no other AAC team has done this season.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The AAC is still the 5th or 6th highest rated conference. We should send 3 teams to the tournament, minimum. We need to finish strong and make a case in the AAC tournament. Probably won't host, but we are far from dead after this weekend. Every weekend is big for the rest of the year. Can't go 1-2 or 0-3 again and expect a bid.

In case anyone is wondering, UT under Coach Pierce is 25-21 overall, 6-11 in the Big 12. Time for David Pierce to step up recruiting at one of the best D1 baseball jobs in the country.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Profoundwizard
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 pm The AAC is still the 5th or 6th highest rated conference. We should send 3 teams to the tournament, minimum. We need to finish strong and make a case in the AAC tournament. Probably won't host, but we are far from dead after this weekend. Every weekend is big for the rest of the year. Can't go 1-2 or 0-3 again and expect a bid.

In case anyone is wondering, UT under Coach Pierce is 25-21 overall, 6-11 in the Big 12. Time for David Pierce to step up recruiting at one of the best D1 baseball jobs in the country.
0% chance we host.

David Pierce’s team has an RPI 30 spots better than ours and he went to the College World Series last year. He’s doing ok. Meanwhile we’re celebrating over a week in which we won 1 game and lost 3.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:16 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:33 pm The AAC is still the 5th or 6th highest rated conference. We should send 3 teams to the tournament, minimum. We need to finish strong and make a case in the AAC tournament. Probably won't host, but we are far from dead after this weekend. Every weekend is big for the rest of the year. Can't go 1-2 or 0-3 again and expect a bid.

0% chance we host.

David Pierce’s team has an RPI 30 spots better than ours and he went to the College World Series last year. He’s doing ok. Meanwhile we’re celebrating over a week in which we won 1 game and lost 3.
Who is celebrating?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bigschtick
Riptide

I don't see nobody celebrating. I do see some relief we avoided being sweeped or sweaped or whatever.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Disappointing in the way we got handled the first two games. Going forward you have to look at Campbell and Cellucci to start on the weekends. We can't keep getting off to horrific starts and expect to do anything. Have to try something. We're certainly not hosting. This is a down year for the conference for the first time since its inception. It likely is a two bid conference this year. Nobody is giving up on them but the only consistency has been the inconsistency. Frustrating beyond hell.

With all the much deserved talk about Hoese we should also be talking about Haskin being National Freshman of the Year. He's been lights out.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Frustrating because I believe we have Regional talent on this club. But we can’t seem to play well consistently. Hopefully we win the rest of the AAC series’s. Need to win these midweek games to build our win total.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:15 pm Frustrating because I believe we have Regional talent on this club. But we can’t seem to play well consistently. Hopefully we win the rest of the AAC series’s. Need to win these midweek games to build our win total.
With the next 5 at home, I'd like to see us go on a 6 game winning streak.

I also think ECU is a Omaha bound team.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
McWave
High Tide

0% chance we host.

The comments by CT are consistent with many prior observations on this board regarding DP's recruiting ability. It appears to be playing out at TX but its early.

DP did an adequate job with Jake's highly ranked 2013 class (top 25?). But a top 25 class with good coaching should have made a super regional appearance (sweat 16).

Many criticize TJ for our lack of pitching, in year 3. Let's be consistent in our critiques. In year three of DP, TX (with all its resources) has an RPI at 44 (74-30?), 25-21 overall, and 6-11 Big 12. I cannot imagine TX fans are happy with that. And I am sure TX fans are also pleased with the TX CWS experience (0-2). The season is not over and DP/TX could just as well make a run. I really have no idea. I don't follow TX or DP. Time will tell.

I await the football program comparison. ;)
Pepper
Swell

Pierce has had really good classes. The problem has been the MLB draft.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
IM42lane
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:03 pm It was VERY important not to get swept. Well done to rally from down 5-0 and not having a lead the entire weekend to salvage game 3. This Wave team doesn't give up, and neither should we. We still have a chance to finish 2nd in the conference and do damage in the conference tourney. The last few weekends of the regular season are critical, as we all know.

ROLL WAVE!
AMEN!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Profoundwizard
Swell

McWave wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:37 am

0% chance we host.

The comments by CT are consistent with many prior observations on this board regarding DP's recruiting ability. It appears to be playing out at TX but its early.

DP did an adequate job with Jake's highly ranked 2013 class (top 25?). But a top 25 class with good coaching should have made a super regional appearance (sweat 16).

Many criticize TJ for our lack of pitching, in year 3. Let's be consistent in our critiques. In year three of DP, TX (with all its resources) has an RPI at 44 (74-30?), 25-21 overall, and 6-11 Big 12. I cannot imagine TX fans are happy with that. And I am sure TX fans are also pleased with the TX CWS experience (0-2). The season is not over and DP/TX could just as well make a run. I really have no idea. I don't follow TX or DP. Time will tell.

I await the football program comparison. ;)
Sorry McWave, your whole post is nonsense. The idea that Pierce didn’t do a good job because there was 1 top 25 class and they didn’t make it to a Super Regional is some faulty logic. It takes more than 1 good class to get to a Super Regional. The fact that you don’t know that is telling.

Criticisms of Jewett and Pierce don’t need to be consistent for a couple reasons. 1. Pierce has skins on the wall. Every year he’s been a head coach, he’s led his team to the NCAA Regionals. Last year he put his team in the CWS. If he has a bad year, he’s got some leeway. He can get a pass. Jewett has finished under .500 his two years of being a D1 baseball head coach. Finished 8th in the AAC last year. He hasn’t done anything to get himself any leeway.