SELA Spanks the Wave 10-3

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

Our rpi is 81, SELA's rpi is 87. http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2019/rpi-live

We really don't want to lose this game, period; and much less at home.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Looking at the warren nolan site (thanks for the link 755) we all know how important this weekend series is with ECU, since their RPI is 9. We need to win the series with UConn as well, as they're RPI is right at #25. Houston (41) and UCF (75) are above us as well.

Just win, everything else will fall into place if we keep winning.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm Looking at the warren nolan site (thanks for the link 755) we all know how important this weekend series is with ECU, since their RPI is 9. We need to win the series with UConn as well, as they're RPI is right at #25. Houston (41) and UCF (75) are above us as well.

Brilliant. Get a life .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Sunamiwave
High Tide

We got blown out tonight by Southeastern. I am sick and tired of us constantly losing to Southland Conference teams like SLU and UNO. It is embarassing.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: SELA 10
Wave 3

This is a tough team to figure, tonight both pitching and the bats failed us? :shakingno:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Just a poor performance.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Damn!
Ball Sumrall!
Jaxwave
Swell

They’ll be lucky to win one against ECU.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 pm Just a poor performance.
Do not hold the pitching coach accountable because , as storrs says , he is about to become a Tulane hall of famer and consequently is great , period . Great deductive reasoning , not .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Profoundwizard
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:43 pm
Do not hold the pitching coach accountable because , as storrs says , he is about to become a Tulane hall of famer and consequently is great , period . Great deductive reasoning , not .
He’s not been given much talent to work with. That’s on the Head Coach and his recruiting.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:18 pm Looking at the warren nolan site (thanks for the link 755) we all know how important this weekend series is with ECU, since their RPI is 9. We need to win the series with UConn as well, as they're RPI is right at #25. Houston (41) and UCF (75) are above us as well.

Brilliant. Get a life .
U add nothing to the discussions on this otherwise enjoyable site.
Profoundwizard
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:45 am
nawlinspete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:32 pm

Brilliant. Get a life .
U add nothing to the discussions on this otherwise enjoyable site.
He’s the only person that should be banned from this board. Assuming that he is the same person as Jonathan as many people have theorized.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Jonathan was a whole lot smarter than this idiot.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

it's the Strawberries !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bearwave
High Tide

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:15 am
nawlinspete wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:43 pm
He’s not been given much talent to work with. That’s on the Head Coach and his recruiting.
Exactly, as I posted on the game thread on the other board "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit". The pitching staff is not good at all. Until they recruit real D1 pitchers it will continue.
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
Pepper
Swell

Our rpi was so bad after the 1st month, the mid week games mean nothing. Have to win the conference and go deep into the conf tourney to secure a bid.
I think it's time to add Pete to the "cannot see post" display.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
ajcalhoun
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:51 am Jonathan was a whole lot smarter than this idiot.
I think you're confusing Jonathan with jonathanjoseph.
God Bless Everyone!
Profoundwizard
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:19 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:51 am Jonathan was a whole lot smarter than this idiot.
I think you're confusing Jonathan with jonathanjoseph.
Whatever happened to him?
Profoundwizard
Swell

Pepper wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 am Our rpi was so bad after the 1st month, the mid week games mean nothing. Have to win the conference and go deep into the conf tourney to secure a bid.
I wouldn’t say they mean nothing. We need to win them to stay where we are so that we can really gain ground on the weekends.
If we win the conference we’re most likely getting in regardless of whether or not we make a deep run in the AAC Tournament.
Winning the conference means we probably win a road series from the RPI #9 ECU and beat an RPI top 30 UConn team. That would do wonders for the RPI.
Pepper
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:28 am
Pepper wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:03 am Our rpi was so bad after the 1st month, the mid week games mean nothing. Have to win the conference and go deep into the conf tourney to secure a bid.
I wouldn’t say they mean nothing. We need to win them to stay where we are so that we can really gain ground on the weekends.
If we win the conference we’re most likely getting in regardless of whether or not we make a deep run in the AAC Tournament.
Winning the conference means we probably win a road series from the RPI #9 ECU and beat an RPI top 30 UConn team. That would do wonders for the RPI.
My point was the mid week games won't improve our rpi. Those teams are a drain. The problem I see is we are gonna need some of the midweek pitchers once you get into conf tourney play.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

while on the subject of superior strawberries, why is it "SELA"... "Southeastern' is one word...should it not be, "SLU"..... I attended back in the dark ages, when it was SLC
https://www.southeastern.edu/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately we need to score over 10 runs to win a game these days.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Sorry but I disagree about the lack of talent angle. There is talent on the staff which is what makes this all the more frustrating. We have guys that can bring it, guys with good movement on the ball. They all have had outings where they showed it and we think ok he's broken through only to see him revert. I believe it's mental at this point. We'll never know where it seeped in but the control issues began and it's so ingrained in their mindsets that they just can't break free from it. The word is there will be a huge turnover in the staff which will allow Latham to impart the mindset he wants with them from the beginning.
gbgreenie
Surge

Studied the catchers tonight. I was right. The problem goes beyond our pitching staff. Nieman does not give the staff a consistent target. He has a little jump most of the time the pitchers are in their windup. Southeasterns catcher is set when their pitcher is in motion. He was moving his glove inside and outside depending where he wanted his pitcher to throw. Neiman has his glove in one position facing down. A pitcher throws as if the batter is not there into the catchers glove but he needs non moving stationary target. Latham easy fix, when your whole staff has issues look at the catche