Lowly ECU Beats Tulane 66-65

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Daniels having a stand out season:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... f1ede.html

The game will be at 6 on ESPNU. ECU is favored by 6.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:29 pm Daniels having a stand out season:

Two awful teams playing and one has to win. As for as Daniels goes I believe once he’s out from under Dunleavy he’ll flourish like Cam Reynolds has.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:48 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:29 pm Daniels having a stand out season:

Two awful teams playing and one has to win. As for as Daniels goes I believe once he’s out from under Dunleavy he’ll flourish like Cam Reynolds has.
You mean in the NBA D-League or G-League or whatever it's called?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
gbgreenie
Surge

Dunleavy not going anywhere Riptide you can take that to the bank!!!
netshorty
Surge

Oddsshark.com score predictor has Wave by 2, 75-73. take the money line at +180.

Including this game our end of year schedule SHOULD include 5 winnable games.. Tulsa 2x, Wichita st., ECU 2x. they sit 9, 10, 11 in conference.

You gotta believe that we're not going to go 0-fer in conference. This is an important one for MD to keep hope alive that he will not finish year 3 as the losing-est coach in school history. He needs all 5 of those.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If we go 2-3 in those 5 games I'd be pleasantly surprised. Those opponents have players and coaches that think Tulane will be an easy win.

Let's win a winnable game tonight, and not worry about our HC until season's end.
TXWave88
Surge

I do not think we will go 0-fer in conference (because that is rare), but I think we split the ECU games and thats it. The only way we win is we shoot lights out as a team. Any mediocre performance most likely isn't good enough. Our biggest problem is that we basically spot the opposing team 10-15 points off really bad turnovers. That is tough for any team to overcome.

Wild to see Wichita St at the bottom. Of course they lost their best players and are really young. Let's see what happens next year and the following. I bet they are back on top soon meanwhile we will be so far at the bottom that ESPN will have us in the Atlantic 10 on their standings page.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:23 am Dunleavy not going anywhere Riptide you can take that to the bank!!!
U are correct. he and TD car pool, from their palatial Ole Metry Estates !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Two awful teams is right. Game should be shown on the Comedy Channel.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
swampnik
Surge

SMU game gave hope for this road game. We can win this one and stand a chance to win against Temple at home and Wichita State. 3-0 would be great and a return for Bul in the line-up?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
gbgreenie
Surge

Thanks for being positive Swampnic breath of fresh air. Winners come from those that thread through muddy waters but reaches the beautiful Promise Land at the end,. The narrow minded and those full of negativity will never reach the Promise Land, they will give up keep starting over but never reach the treasure.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:51 pm Thanks for being positive Swampnic breath of fresh air. Winners come from those that thread through muddy waters but reaches the beautiful Promise Land at the end,. The narrow minded and those full of negativity will never reach the Promise Land, they will give up keep starting over but never reach the treasure.
:lol:
:roll:
:oops:
:x
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I say take ECU lay the points. SHOW ME we're better than somebody else. ANYBODY!

Hope I'm wrong and we get a much needed W. For the players sake.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is our chance for a W in conference. Let's take advantage of it!
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 pm This is our chance for a W in conference. Let's take advantage of it!
Seriously. ECU are garbage.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Yes seriously. We all know they're garbage so thus we have a chance. Read the board. I'm on MD as much as everybody else here. That doesn't change the fact that I want us to win every time we play.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Really want the Wave to pull this one out but as a fan of quality basketball all these turnovers and lack of offensive execution make my eyes bleed.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Cornish should be permanently sent to the bench, waste of minutes.
WavyHoops
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:23 pm Cornish should be permanently sent to the bench, waste of minutes.
He’s a turnover machine but in Dunleavy’s iso sets he and Daniels are the only ones who get any kind of penetration. The whole mess is a mismatch of scheme and team talent.
Eaglewave
Swell

After losing to Alabama A&M this year, I cannot get my hopes up anymore.
Ball Sumrall!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Well we blew that chance at a win. Cornish is a turnover machine and his affinity for trying long passes always ends in disaster.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:59 pm Well we blew that chance at a win. Cornish is a turnover machine and his affinity for trying long passes always ends in disaster.
Yep. Thought we had a good chance to get our first AAC win this season. Oh well. 0-8
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
netshorty
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:33 pm
Yep. Thought we had a good chance to get our first AAC win this season. Oh well. 0-8
11 straight conference losses dating back to last year. currently on a 1-17 streak. I'm done blaming any of the players. they are playing hard but they are setup for failure.. whether it be out of position, no discipline, no fundamentals, whatever. they can all be traced back to some of the worst coaching ever.

terrible coaching at the end of both halves.
oliveandblue
Surge

I feel like the program is a corpse at this point. They will struggle to sell any tickets next season.

People aren't even mad. I think we've all just given up.
gbgreenie
Surge

Lack of point guard to run the floor is so obvious. Like a team without a quarterback. Looks just like the Football team before McMillion took over. Point guard that can penetrate, dish off, run the plays. Daniels is a good off guard, that a point guard could help him excel more. Cornish does not need to be handling the ball. Need Wood and Conner to develop but lack of a point guard is hindering their development. Zwang needs to play on the wing. Paul is playing well, Sehic not playing as well trimming up last year he was more valuable inside. Too many trying to handle the ball, the good point guard would take that away and set up the plays. Others could concentrate on shooting versus dribbling to get open. Help and priority for next two years get and develop depth at point guard, with that this team will excel like Risen Star did in the Belmont!!!