Volleyball 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:32 pm Link for the Ohio State match

https://wkusports.com/sidearmstats/wvball/summary
That's OSU vs. WKU.

Who won the Tulane vs OSU Match?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

It was OSU Tulane at the time I posted it. I know we were up 2 sets to 1, third set was 4-5 last I looked. Just checked and its over, So I have to think we won.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

localvb
High Tide

Volleyball smashes OSU 3-1 in Kentucky. Big win for the team. Especially after dominating ole miss then losing it by a razor margin in the 5th.
This could be a breakthrough win for this season. Western Kentucky is really really good. Another big test tomorrow.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Hope they are getting fans in the seats.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:08 pm Hope they are getting fans in the seats.
I would doubt they're getting Tulane Volleyball fans in the seats at Western Kentucky! But yes, I hope they start drawing when they play at home.

Thanks for keeping us pedestrian Volleyball fans informed, Localvb, your knowledge and updates are awesome.

ROLL WAVE!
BC Wave
Swell

Yes, thanks

For all interested, I think season tickets for vb is something like $50. That’s a great deal.
Show Me
Tsunami

BC Wave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 pm Yes, thanks

For all interested, I think season tickets for vb is something like $50. That’s a great deal.
Not really. VB is free at UNO, Southeastern and LSU just to name a few in this area.
Ohio St is 3-5 on the year with some bad losses.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:57 pm
BC Wave wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 pm Yes, thanks

Not really. VB is free at UNO, Southeastern and LSU just to name a few in this area.
Ohio St is 3-5 on the year with some bad losses.
Tulane did make the last few VB games free in last year’s postseason run.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

Tulane lost a close one in the championship match to Western Kentucky. Always one of the top 40 teams in the country. Likely a top 25 team by seasons end.
High praise by their head coach who has been there over 30 years

localvb
High Tide

Tulane beat Southern Miss.
What was concerning is Heidelberg was in a boot in the bench. I heard she and Hansel have been nursing injuries.
It was good to see a backup Doyle come in and play well and get the win.

LSU is a big one on the road Saturday.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane playing LSU at 2pm
Here’s the live stream link:
http://www.espn.com/watch?id=5d158eb5-d ... df77d07dd5
Lsu wins first set 25-18
Wave takes 2nd, 3rd and 4th set 26-24, 25-11, 25-11 to beat LSU 3-1 to go to 10-3 on the year.

Tulane Class of 1981
localvb
High Tide

TULANE CRUSHES LSU!!!
3-1. Last 2 sets were 25-11, 25-11.
On ESPN. Going to help recruiting big time!! Best Volleyball team in the state.
All the Louisiana coaches were there and talking about it.
ROLL WAVE!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Congrats to the young ladies and coaching staff.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WTG!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to the VB team that's kicking some butts! With the football team having a bye week and next game Oct 5th, I hope they can draw more fans into their fold. It's tough during football season, though the Volleyball team might be our best team!

That said, football is way more important for the overall athletic success and is the "front porch" of the University.

But I'm still rooting (and when I can watching) the VB team. The updates from localvb are awesome!

ROLL WAVE!
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:35 pm Congrats to the VB team that's kicking some butts! With the football team having a bye week and next game Oct 5th, I hope they can draw more fans into their fold. It's tough during football season, though the Volleyball team might be our best team!

That said, football is way more important for the overall athletic success and is the "front porch" of the University.

But I'm still rooting (and when I can watching) the VB team. The updates from localvb are awesome!

ROLL WAVE!
Another useless reply that adds nothing. Says nothing , contributes nothing.
Get off the computer and get a life .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
localvb
High Tide

Beating a P5 team is big but even bigger that it was LSU. And on the ESPN app. Also, Ohio State just beat 2 top 40 teams this weekend so that helps Tulane as well.

Interesting sidebar. Watching Baylor vs Hawaii. If Baylor wins they likely go to #1. The top 2 players were Coach Barnes’ players on that team. Pressley and Stafford who are a 2 person wrecking crew.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:37 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:35 pm Congrats to the VB team that's kicking some butts! With the football team having a bye week and next game Oct 5th, I hope they can draw more fans into their fold. It's tough during football season, though the Volleyball team might be our best team!

ROLL WAVE!
:roll:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:58 pm
nawlinspete wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:37 pm

ROLL WAVE!
:roll:
It's just best to ignore the troll.
galvezwave
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm
This needed to be bumped . For those that don’t watch volleyball or think they don’t like volleyball. Just watch this amazing clip.
galvezwave
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:51 pm
This needed to be bumped . For those that don’t watch volleyball or think they don’t like volleyball. Just watch this amazing clip.