Volleyball 2019

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane plays for 1st place when they go to SMU Friday.
They are #60 in RPI. 1 top 25 win and 3 top 50 wins. Building a great resume for a NCAA bid. If they pull off the SMU win (they beat SMU once already) they get 1st and a bye in the conference tourney.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:01 am Tulane plays for 1st place when they go to SMU Friday.
They are #60 in RPI. 1 top 25 win and 3 top 50 wins. Building a great resume for a NCAA bid. If they pull off the SMU win (they beat SMU once already) they get 1st and a bye in the conference tourney.
Thanks again for the well informed update. Is there viewing capabilities on Friday?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
localvb
High Tide

Tulane signs HS All American Anna Davis. Will probably be the best player to play at Tulane in volleyball. She’s that good.

Friday’s game can be seen here:
https://smumustangs.com/watch/?Live=2532&type=Live

I’ve seen Tulane use about 10 different lineups this season due to injury. Incredible they are playing for 1st place.
The coaches are doing such a great job.

Roll Wave!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:45 pm Tulane signs HS All American Anna Davis. Will probably be the best player to play at Tulane in volleyball. She’s that good.

Friday’s game can be seen here:
https://smumustangs.com/watch/?Live=2532&type=Live

I’ve seen Tulane use about 10 different lineups this season due to injury. Incredible they are playing for 1st place.
The coaches are doing such a great job.

Roll Wave!
Again, awesome update, thank you!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. Green Wave was down two sets to none and came back to win AT SMU.!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
localvb
High Tide

Tulane goes on the road and beats a red hot 1st place SMU team!!! Unbelievable. And what hasn’t been written is that they did it without their starting setter!! Amanda Gardaina wasn’t on the box score. Not sure if injured or what.

How does this team still find ways to win like this????

Last week they beat the #1 team Houston with McHugh playing Leftside. Now they knock off SMU without their setter. This win could get them in the NCAA’s!! Just have to beat Memphis Sunday.
localvb
High Tide

Good luck to Tulane Volleyball as they play for the West Division champion against Memphis at 2pm today.
What a great run by this team!
greenie78
Riptide

Blah. Lost 3-0.
localvb
High Tide

Such a devastating loss. The win Would have made them West Division Champs and a bye into tourney but Memphis at home beat them.

I think this shows just how banged up the team is. They beat ranked teams on Friday’s and lose to a couple of weaker teams on Sunday. Just can’t recover in time. Beating SMU was huge. They beat them 2 times this year.

They have a very good matchup in the 1st round vs Houston.
Then likely play Cinci in the Semi’s. Tulane was the only team in the league to beat Cinci and they did it 3-0.

20-9 record with both Hansel and Heidelberg not able to play most of the time is a big accomplishment. Now hopefully they can make a run in the tourney.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The hard way:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... a5d18.html

We are the 5th seed and will play 4th seeded Houston who we beat in the regular season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane beats Houston 3-2 to advance to the semi finals. Now they are 21-9.
Tulane will play Cincinnati at 3:30pm Saturday. The AAC is broadcasting it on Facebook live and the finals will be on ESPNU.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

localvb wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:37 pm Tulane beats Houston 3-2 to advance to the semi finals. Now they are 21-9.
Tulane will play Cincinnati at 3:30pm Saturday. The AAC is broadcasting it on Facebook live and the finals will be on ESPNU.
Thanks for keeping us updated!

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane loses out to Cincy 3-0.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
localvb
High Tide

Cinci avenged their only loss of the conference season beating Tulane.
Tulane finishes 21-10. It is very impressive that this team managed to win 21 matches, beat a top 25 team and have 3 top 50 wins with all the injuries to key players. 2 bad losses knocked them likely out of the NCAA bid. The NIT will definitely send an invite.

I’ve seen teams fold after losing
40% of their offense to injury but this team won any way.

With the players coming in Tulane will be a top 2-3 team in the AAC and I wouldn’t be surprised if they win it all.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane receives bid to the NIVC.
Play Univ of New Hampshire in New York. Friday 4pm.
Looks like Tulane is a top 4 seed. Wish they would of hosted this year. If they win round 1 and 2 I wonder if they will host round 3 and 4.

21-10 and now they look for a NIVC championship.
localvb
High Tide

Tulane wins 3-1 vs New Hampshire!!
Looks like 3 feet of snow at Colgate Univ in New York.

Now they face either Boston College or Colgate Saturday at 4pm. Match is on web stream.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Currently down two sets to one to Colgate. 23-25, 25-23, 24-26. Rallied from a 14-22 deficit in the third set to tie at 24-24, but eventually lost the set.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wavetime
Swell

Update? C'Mon Wave
localvb
High Tide

Tulane plays its heart out on the road but losses 1-3. Very close sets. The home court was the difference!

Incredible season especially considering all the injuries and challenges to key players.

On a side note I’m moving out of the area so I will have limited time to see the team in the future. I’ll always be a Tulane fan. Especially a fan of the volleyball program.
Thanks everyone.
Wavetime
Swell

Thanks for the updates! Good Luck with your move.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

localvb wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:07 pm Tulane plays its heart out on the road but losses 1-3. Very close sets. The home court was the difference!

Incredible season especially considering all the injuries and challenges to key players.

On a side note I’m moving out of the area so I will have limited time to see the team in the future. I’ll always be a Tulane fan. Especially a fan of the volleyball program.
Thanks everyone.
Going to miss your updates. Good luck!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:54 pm
localvb wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:07 pm Tulane plays its heart out on the road but losses 1-3. Very close sets. The home court was the difference!

Thanks everyone.
Going to miss your updates. Good luck!
Plus a million!

Thank you for opening my eyes about volleyball and Tulane volleyball. Good luck with your move and thanks again for all of your updates. You will be seriously missed.
DrBox
Riptide

localvb wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Thanks everyone.
Thanks for all of the updates and the best in your new spot. Where are you going?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

+1

Thank you for your energy and vigilance in spreading the word and being a great Green wave fan!
localvb
High Tide

Going to Dallas to coach club volleyball. I still will catch the games online. And I’m friends with some of the players and staff. So I won’t disappear.
Expect this team to compete with UCF for the title next year.
Roll Wave!