Will Hall

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:24 pm
JerseyWave wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:15 pm Good! I was never a fan of his playcalling and feel he’s been an overrated coordinator. Tulane can do better. Fritz should also hire a new receivers coach and defensive coordinator.
In his first season as running backs coach at USF (2017), King saw USF become the only team in the nation with three players to run for 800 yards or more. Senior running backs Darius Tice (986 yards and 11 TD) and D’Ernest Johnson (836 yards and 7 TD) both had career-best years and joined quarterback Quinton Flowers (1,078 yards and 11 TD) in helping USF run for 3,169 yards and 30 touchdowns. The Bulls ranked eighth in the nation in rushing offense (264.1 ypg) and stood sixth in total (513.0 ypg) and 10th in scoring offense (38.3 ppg). The Bulls ran for 200 yards or more in nine games, eclipsing 300 yards in five.

In 2016, King coached the Bulls’ quarterbacks during a record-setting season for the USF offense and American Conference Offensive Player of the Year Quinton Flowers. King helped guide Flowers to numerous USF season records including marks for total offense (4,337 yards), total touchdowns (42), passing touchdowns (24), rushing yards (1,530) and rushing touchdowns (18). Flowers rushing total of 1,530 yards ranks as the fifth-best mark ever by an FBS quarterback and his 7.73 yards per carry average ranked fourth among all FBS players in 2016. The USF offense set nearly 40 team and individual records, including team records for total yards (6,650), rushing yards (3,714) and scoring (569 points), while the Bulls posted a school-record 11-2 mark, achieved a Top 25 ranking and won the program’s fifth bowl game.

Sounds like Shawn in 1998
S-H-A-U-N King. Shaun King. It's not hard to spell his name correctly, especially if you worship the ground he walks on. I wonder if he's such a great coach, why was he not retained, and why hasn't he coached since he was fired at USF? I think the answer to those two questions will tell you a lot about whether he's ready to be the next OC at Tulane, having never been anything other than a position coach.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I sure hope Willie makes a good hire. I'd have a lot more faith that he will if he didn't have 5 duds on his staff. Before Hall he had 6. He needs to do better. Much better.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:03 pm Congrats to Coach Hall...U hire good asssitants, U have to expect to lose good assistants...every HC should expect his assistants to be considered for HC job at some point in time, if not, then U hired the wrong assistants
Coach Kennedy will probably follow Hall to USM. What does this leave for coaches who can both recruit and develop players?
Crickets.....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:52 pm Hall did a good job while here considering what he had to work with. Remember this name, Tommy Mainord, OC at North Texas. Very dynamic play caller and coaches the WR's as well.
Mainord's offensive philosophy will be on display Thursday nite vs La Tech
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Apparently Will Hall will talk to the team TODAY after practice. I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to come put this way, but tough for the kids to hear it this late in the news cycle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:26 am Apparently Will Hall will talk to the team TODAY after practice. I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to come put this way, but tough for the kids to hear it this late in the news cycle.
Yes. It’s too bad we didn’t play Memphis last week. Timing would have at least been better.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:31 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:26 am Apparently Will Hall will talk to the team TODAY after practice. I’m sure he didn’t mean for it to come put this way, but tough for the kids to hear it this late in the news cycle.
Yes. It’s too bad we didn’t play Memphis last week. Timing would have at least been better.
C'mon...this is perfect timing..."Let's win one for the Will (ie)"...
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Fritz found Hall, and he can find a replacement that keeps our offense spread out and balanced. Nothing surprising about Hall moving on to a HC position. I'd be very surprised if Fritz didn't already have a short list of replacements, for both coordinator positions--hopefully he'll pull the trigger sooner rather than later.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

memo to WF......Regarding OC job.....do not promote from within !!!
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:05 am memo to WF......Rearding OC job.....do not promote from within !!!
Amen👍
Wave755
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:59 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:03 pm Congrats to Coach Hall...U hire good asssitants, U have to expect to lose good assistants...every HC should expect his assistants to be considered for HC job at some point in time, if not, then U hired the wrong assistants
Coach Kennedy will probably follow Hall to USM. What does this leave for coaches who can both recruit and develop players?
Crickets.....
I really think Will Hall & USM will be recruiting against South Alabama & not us.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

I am really surprised Will Hall took the USM job. USM athletics is in the worst football conference in the country, cusa, with little to no television exposure. USM both as an institution and its’ athletic department are both broke. USM has very little money and is a school that has been in decline for awhile now. The perception of usm around the country is bad. There are good reasons so many of the old cusa schools got invited to the AAC except for usm. I really thought Hall would have held out for a better job at a better school than usm.
GreenLantern
Riptide

GreenLantern
Riptide

GreenLantern
Riptide

The 40-year-old Hall will be introduced as Golden Eagles head coach at a news conference on Monday. He will coach with Tulane in its regular-season finale Saturday vs. Memphis. ...His first game as Golden Eagles coach will be vs. South Alabama in Mobile next fall.
-quote from AL.com
Tulane1111
High Tide

https://www.si.com/college/2020/12/02/s ... all-tulane

Great article on Will & his ties to Mississippi in Sports Illustrated.... didnt realize the Petrino offensive influence.

sounds like former OC at Notre Dame Chip Long could be in the mix as OC at Southern Miss or here (?, pure speculation just reading the article)
Tulane1111
High Tide

Update.... hoop scoop reporting Hall will hire a guy from Liberty as OC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Good luck Will. I think many folks underrated how many points Will can put up when we aren’t dropping passes!
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Surprised Willie's name wasn't on the list. His agent is slipping. :mrgreen:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Cody following it appears.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good luck to him. Except for when we play USM.
GreenLantern
Riptide

How the mighty have fallen.

Sports Illustrated writer Pat Forde has selected Will Hall as “Not Coach of the Year” for the Sun Belt. Why? “They’re (USM) 131st out of 133 teams nationally in yards allowed per play (7.12).”