Tulane v. FIU Date Announced

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:26 pm

Pepper wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am
We are gonna need the 3 extra days with a trip to Auburn the next week.
There will be plenty of time for the staff to practice for Auburn in advance. All good staff's do that. all we are talking about is 2 days here.


Let's Roll !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7509
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

The source is fact. The game is not scheduled for TV at this time. Your source is your SWAG. It doesn't matter to you b/c you aren't going to the games. To those of us that can it matters. The numbers show it. These are poorly attended games. The students are already gone for the weekend after classes end on Thursday. The one Saturday we played recently on opening weekend was far better attended by our fans than any of those Thursday games. This is just another in a long line of blunders by our athletic department no matter who is in charge.
You proclaim it so it's fact. :roll:

Kids don't go to classes on Fridays? At $70k/year I'd be pissed off if my kid cut classes to make it a 4 day weekend.

Just watch, we'll know the network as soon as we know the starting time. Probably sometime during summer camp. But that timing of the announcement doesn't mean Tulane did this without input from the Conference or the Conference media partners.

And you're right it doesn't matter to me, but that has ZERO relevance to your argument, you just throw that in there.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1873
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 pm

Do the networks not dictate the days and times for games? If so, why are we arguing about this?
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7509
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 pm
Do the networks not dictate the days and times for games? If so, why are we arguing about this?
Pretty much my point, though I think there's some input by the conference and it's members. But I'm sure ESPN and CBSSN tells the conference, if not the schools directly how many Thursday and Friday night games they will be playing each and every year. They definitely set the starting times, as both RD and TD have said so publically.

Some people are understandably upset with another Thursday night opener and want to place 100% of the blame on TD and Tulane Athletics. I think they're wrong, thus I'm arguing. I've written to a couple of contacts within the Tulane Athletics Department to see if they can shed light on the matter. (That's called a source. The proclamations are called rumors, or hearsay.) I'll let you know if/when they reply.

But right now my guess as to how it happens is rumor or hearsay as well. But I think I'm closer to accurate than you know who. Hopefully we will find out!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:56 pm

Pepper wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:12 am
We are gonna need the 3 extra days with a trip to Auburn the next week.
Too bad we're not opening with the Missouri State game. Would be nice to get a game under our belt and yet be able to be vanilla enough on offense that Auburn wouldn't have any film on our new look.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:25 pm
cajunfanatico wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:10 am
RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 pm
anEngineer wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm
You people act like Tulane is Notre Dame with the ability to tell the networks when they will allow themselves to be broadcast. Ideally, we want everyone at the opening game, but if Tulane gets the opportunity to get some airtime as one of the first games of the football season, they should take advantage. We definitely don't want a daytime game in August and the first Saturday night is crowded with some big neutral site games.
At this point it has nothing to do with TV. This is a Tulane choice and these games have been very poorly attended. People look forward to it all year and then a lot of them can't make it because of work and kids with school.
Was just about to post the same. If the game isn't scheduled to be on any network, there's no reason for us not to schedule it on Saturday.
Except there's no way that one of the very first AAC games of the year will not be on TV. I understand the hardships on the fans, but the TV audience will likely be much more beneficial in the long run. Another possibility is that Dannen is choosing the first game of the year for a Thursday night instead of having to select another Thursday night later in the year against a better opponent.
There will be very minimal tv viewership. It will only be the most loyal diehards of both teams watching. Teams do not have a set number of games that have to be played on a Thursday. You pulled that out of your ass. We're trying to build our fan base back up. Schedule it on a Saturday night when many more can attend including kids who are the future fan base. If tv swoops in and says they want it on Thursday night then so be it but take the first step and let our wishes be known.
Pulled what out of my ass? Read what I said.........another POSSIBILITY is that Dannen is choosing the first game of the year for Thursday night instead of having.....yada yada yada.

You're right, I don't know if the AAC told certain schools they were going to play ONE Thursday night game this year and therefore select a preferred date, AND NEITHER DO YOU. But if that's not the case, then WHY THE FUCK would Dannen otherwise allow the game to be moved from a Saturday? Why don't one of you ask the man instead of just whining about it on this forum.

I will say this though. I have no idea what other games might be on television that night, but I do know one thing with certainty. After 8 full months of zero college football, fans like me, and probably you, are foaming at the mouth to watch something, ANYTHING and I'm betting the ratings will be better than any of you think.

So please, stop being so god damned sensitive. I didn't say a thing that was beyond the pale.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

The source is fact. The game is not scheduled for TV at this time. Your source is your SWAG. It doesn't matter to you b/c you aren't going to the games. To those of us that can it matters. The numbers show it. These are poorly attended games. The students are already gone for the weekend after classes end on Thursday. The one Saturday we played recently on opening weekend was far better attended by our fans than any of those Thursday games. This is just another in a long line of blunders by our athletic department no matter who is in charge.
You proclaim it so it's fact. :roll:

Kids don't go to classes on Fridays? At $70k/year I'd be pissed off if my kid cut classes to make it a 4 day weekend.

Just watch, we'll know the network as soon as we know the starting time. Probably sometime during summer camp. But that timing of the announcement doesn't mean Tulane did this without input from the Conference or the Conference media partners.

And you're right it doesn't matter to me, but that has ZERO relevance to your argument, you just throw that in there.
Not because I said it's a fact. You just posted there is no TV agreement in place now at the time of the scheduling. That's the fact. So the point is schedule it for Saturday and let the league and conference know our preference. If it gets overridden then so be it. Again though you have nothing other than your SWAG that the league had input. But since you say it I guess were all just supposed to accept it. This is a classic case of if I say white you have to say black. You yourself have posted more than once when expansion comes up that our TV viewership numbers don't even register.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:18 pm
Do the networks not dictate the days and times for games? If so, why are we arguing about this?
as I've posted several times here TV hasn't set this game at this time. So at thgis time this is on Tulane.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:49 pm

cajunfanatico wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:04 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:25 pm
cajunfanatico wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:10 am
RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:20 am
winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:31 pm
anEngineer wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:24 pm
You people act like Tulane is Notre Dame with the ability to tell the networks when they will allow themselves to be broadcast. Ideally, we want everyone at the opening game, but if Tulane gets the opportunity to get some airtime as one of the first games of the football season, they should take advantage. We definitely don't want a daytime game in August and the first Saturday night is crowded with some big neutral site games.
At this point it has nothing to do with TV. This is a Tulane choice and these games have been very poorly attended. People look forward to it all year and then a lot of them can't make it because of work and kids with school.
Was just about to post the same. If the game isn't scheduled to be on any network, there's no reason for us not to schedule it on Saturday.
Except there's no way that one of the very first AAC games of the year will not be on TV. I understand the hardships on the fans, but the TV audience will likely be much more beneficial in the long run. Another possibility is that Dannen is choosing the first game of the year for a Thursday night instead of having to select another Thursday night later in the year against a better opponent.
There will be very minimal tv viewership. It will only be the most loyal diehards of both teams watching. Teams do not have a set number of games that have to be played on a Thursday. You pulled that out of your ass. We're trying to build our fan base back up. Schedule it on a Saturday night when many more can attend including kids who are the future fan base. If tv swoops in and says they want it on Thursday night then so be it but take the first step and let our wishes be known.
Pulled what out of my ass? Read what I said.........another POSSIBILITY is that Dannen is choosing the first game of the year for Thursday night instead of having.....yada yada yada.

You're right, I don't know if the AAC told certain schools they were going to play ONE Thursday night game this year and therefore select a preferred date, AND NEITHER DO YOU. But if that's not the case, then WHY THE FUCK would Dannen otherwise allow the game to be moved from a Saturday? Why don't one of you ask the man instead of just whining about it on this forum.

I will say this though. I have no idea what other games might be on television that night, but I do know one thing with certainty. After 8 full months of zero college football, fans like me, and probably you, are foaming at the mouth to watch something, ANYTHING and I'm betting the ratings will be better than any of you think.

So please, stop being so god damned sensitive. I didn't say a thing that was beyond the pale.
What I said was that you pulled it out your ass that the teams have a set number of games that they have to play on a Thursday. You just admitted in your reply. don't be so thin skinned.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Just spoke to a source in athletics and they said it was strictly TD's call. He thinks it helps attendance.
Let's Roll !
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8876
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Just spoke to a source in athletics and they said it was strictly TD's call. He thinks it helps attendance.
I think TD has been stopping way too much at Pat Gillen's on Metry Road on the trip home each evening
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18770
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm

Non conference game. I doubt the AAC has any control over the date and kickofftime.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 7072
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:22 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:58 pm
Non conference game. I doubt the AAC has any control over the date and kickofftime.
Exactly. But also, being the first game of what promises to be a very good season, people who can will show up regardless. And better that than having it turn out to be a Saturday afternoon game and half the fans die in the heat. I mean, even the young guys like me will be 60 by then.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 556
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Well it will be another data point for TD, if it draws well (which we are predicting it won’t) then a great surprise. If it doesn’t then hopefully this additional data point will prevent further Thursday night openers. This really isn’t that big of a deal. Just WIN. Then it will start becoming a big deal
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:41 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:49 pm


What I said was that you pulled it out your ass that the teams have a set number of games that they have to play on a Thursday. You just admitted in your reply. don't be so thin skinned.
Do AAC teams ever play Thursday nights? If so, you think they volunteer for, or ask the league office to let them play such games? I seriously doubt it. This has to be all about TV.

I said what I said because it defies logic that an AD would willingly move a Saturday game to a Thursday night without some pressure from the conference. If you think it's logical that your AD did that, just because, then I don't know what more to say other than you need a new AD.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7509
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Just spoke to a source in athletics and they said it was strictly TD's call. He thinks it helps attendance.
Yeah, I believe that. Name your source or it's hearsay.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7509
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm

winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

The source is fact. The game is not scheduled for TV at this time. Your source is your SWAG. It doesn't matter to you b/c you aren't going to the games. To those of us that can it matters. The numbers show it. These are poorly attended games. The students are already gone for the weekend after classes end on Thursday. The one Saturday we played recently on opening weekend was far better attended by our fans than any of those Thursday games. This is just another in a long line of blunders by our athletic department no matter who is in charge.
You proclaim it so it's fact. :roll:

Kids don't go to classes on Fridays? At $70k/year I'd be pissed off if my kid cut classes to make it a 4 day weekend.

Just watch, we'll know the network as soon as we know the starting time. Probably sometime during summer camp. But that timing of the announcement doesn't mean Tulane did this without input from the Conference or the Conference media partners.

And you're right it doesn't matter to me, but that has ZERO relevance to your argument, you just throw that in there.
Not because I said it's a fact. You just posted there is no TV agreement in place now at the time of the scheduling. That's the fact. So the point is schedule it for Saturday and let the league and conference know our preference. If it gets overridden then so be it. Again though you have nothing other than your SWAG that the league had input. But since you say it I guess were all just supposed to accept it. This is a classic case of if I say white you have to say black. You yourself have posted more than once when expansion comes up that our TV viewership numbers don't even register.
Your putting words into my mouth again. I said they haven't finalized what networks are covering which games, but the media tells the Conference "you will have this many games on Thusday, August 29th" The conference either tells us we're playing that night, or maybe gives us a chance to pick which Thursday nights we play, and we chose the ones that we're most interested in.

What's with the SWAG comments, I don't have a clue what that means.. All you have is your BS proclamations. Most of the rest of the board thinks we have a whole lot less say in when we play and what time we play than you do. Despite having low TV ratings, we have to fill slots. That's called content. We signed on to provide content. We gave up the ability to have autonomy over our schedule when we did so. Your other arguments are, once again, meaningless as to the argument about whether or not Tulane made the decision on it's own to play on Thursday night.

Go back and look at threads about media deals, and/or research the deal the AAC has with ESPN. It calls for ESPN to own the broadcast rights, but gives them the ability to lay off some games to CBSSN and other entities. Why do you think we don't know game times until two or three weeks before the game? It's because the media dictates when we play.

I argue with you when your wrong, as you are here.

And I will let you have the last word, because arguing with you is tiresome for me and the rest of the board. I can bookmark this thread and come back when it''s announced that the game will start at 7 PM (or whatever time media dictates) and be on XYZ network.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm
I said they haven't finalized what networks are covering which games, but the media tells the Conference "you will have this many games on Thusday, August 29th" The conference either tells us we're playing that night, or maybe gives us a chance to pick which Thursday nights we play, and we chose the ones that we're most interested in.
Someone else here said basically the same, but he got accused of pulling shit out his ass. :D
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:21 pm

Nm
Last edited by winwave on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:59 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Just spoke to a source in athletics and they said it was strictly TD's call. He thinks it helps attendance.
Yeah, I believe that. Name your source or it's hearsay.
As if anyone would do that. Good way not to get information.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:32 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:43 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:11 pm
winwave wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:11 am

The source is fact. The game is not scheduled for TV at this time. Your source is your SWAG. It doesn't matter to you b/c you aren't going to the games. To those of us that can it matters. The numbers show it. These are poorly attended games. The students are already gone for the weekend after classes end on Thursday. The one Saturday we played recently on opening weekend was far better attended by our fans than any of those Thursday games. This is just another in a long line of blunders by our athletic department no matter who is in charge.
You proclaim it so it's fact. :roll:

Kids don't go to classes on Fridays? At $70k/year I'd be pissed off if my kid cut classes to make it a 4 day weekend.

Just watch, we'll know the network as soon as we know the starting time. Probably sometime during summer camp. But that timing of the announcement doesn't mean Tulane did this without input from the Conference or the Conference media partners.

And you're right it doesn't matter to me, but that has ZERO relevance to your argument, you just throw that in there.
Not because I said it's a fact. You just posted there is no TV agreement in place now at the time of the scheduling. That's the fact. So the point is schedule it for Saturday and let the league and conference know our preference. If it gets overridden then so be it. Again though you have nothing other than your SWAG that the league had input. But since you say it I guess were all just supposed to accept it. This is a classic case of if I say white you have to say black. You yourself have posted more than once when expansion comes up that our TV viewership numbers don't even register.
Your putting words into my mouth again. I said they haven't finalized what networks are covering which games, but the media tells the Conference "you will have this many games on Thusday, August 29th" The conference either tells us we're playing that night, or maybe gives us a chance to pick which Thursday nights we play, and we chose the ones that we're most interested in.

What's with the SWAG comments, I don't have a clue what that means.. All you have is your BS proclamations. Most of the rest of the board thinks we have a whole lot less say in when we play and what time we play than you do. Despite having low TV ratings, we have to fill slots. That's called content. We signed on to provide content. We gave up the ability to have autonomy over our schedule when we did so. Your other arguments are, once again, meaningless as to the argument about whether or not Tulane made the decision on it's own to play on Thursday night.

Go back and look at threads about media deals, and/or research the deal the AAC has with ESPN. It calls for ESPN to own the broadcast rights, but gives them the ability to lay off some games to CBSSN and other entities. Why do you think we don't know game times until two or three weeks before the game? It's because the media dictates when we play.

I argue with you when your wrong, as you are here.

And I will let you have the last word, because arguing with you is tiresome for me and the rest of the board. I can bookmark this thread and come back when it''s announced that the game will start at 7 PM (or whatever time media dictates) and be on XYZ network.
SWAG= Strange wild ass guess. Most of the board doesn’t seem to know.

I get content. And yes of course eventually we will be given a time and network. That had nothing to do with whether we chose Thursday over Saturday or not.
Let's Roll !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14012
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:33 pm

cajunfanatico wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:10 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:01 pm
I said they haven't finalized what networks are covering which games, but the media tells the Conference "you will have this many games on Thusday, August 29th" The conference either tells us we're playing that night, or maybe gives us a chance to pick which Thursday nights we play, and we chose the ones that we're most interested in.
Someone else here said basically the same, but he got accused of pulling shit out his ass. :D
Same thing he was told.
Let's Roll !
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1983
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:14 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:53 pm
I think TD has been stopping way too much at Pat Gillen's on Metry Road on the trip home each evening
Long gone, golf. They demolished that at least twenty years ago.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1313
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:16 pm

Does anyone here believe that an AD would move a Saturday game to Thursday night because he believed it would be good for attendance? I'm sorry, but I can't.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7509
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:18 pm

It's not easy to find information about the expiring ESPN contract, but I've found some. There's a lot more about the next contract the AAC will negotiate, and ESPN has exclusive rights until the current contract expires. Aresco has the right to talk to other media outlets, but cannot sign a new deal with anyone other than ESPN (which he favors) until the end of the 2019-20 season.

According to the contract the AAC signed with ESPN in 2013 (but, I believe took affect in 2014) :
Conference games and nonconference home games will be televised on the ESPN platform of networks, with close to 90 percent on national broadcast or national cable. The AAC also has a partnership with CBS Sports, which acquired rights to telecast football and basketball games through a sub-licensing agreement with ESPN. The deal provides for 30 men’s basketball games per year and between 13-15 football games
So, yes, our game is against a non-conference opponent, but ESPN holds the rights to ALL TULANE HOME GAMES, even though they may decide to sub-license them to another entity.

Still think media has nothing to do with when we play our opener? ESPN owns the rights to the game. Enough said.

Source: theamerican.org
Source: tulsaworld.com
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Post Reply