2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

FIU is a team that might be favored coming into Yulman. They're well coached as we all know, and have won more games the past couple of years than we have. This is our opener; it will tell us a lot about where we are as a program. A loss here makes it very difficult to see us getting more than 6 or 7 wins. A win in the opener leaves the possibilities endless.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:51 pm
FIU is a team that might be favored coming into Yulman. They're well coached as we all know, and have won more games the past couple of years than we have. This is our opener; it will tell us a lot about where we are as a program. A loss here makes it very difficult to see us getting more than 6 or 7 wins. A win in the opener leaves the possibilities endless.
Another stupid post without any meaning , stores specialty....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd like to share a conversation I had with a friend and colleague who is an Auburn alum and fanatic that just had a month off due to surgery. He spent his time, when not knocked out by pain meds, reading whatever he could about his beloved Tigers. Living outside of Birmingham, he had no shortage of reading materials!

He tells me Auburn will go as far as the QB that emerges will take them. They expect to have outstanding defense lead by a d-line that's very good and experienced. He said that at least two, possibly 3 or 4 defensive players that could have gone to the NFL decided to return. That's scary! Their O-line should be good as all five starters returned and now have experience. Auburn will probably start 5 Seniors on an O-line which might be the best in the SEC. Again, the big question is QB.

They have an absolute stud 5 star (we've never had one) true Frosh QB that was an early enrollee. The apparent incumbent (who went 5 of 7 passing last year!) is a pocket passer, while the RS Frosh is more of a Cam Newton type. We MIGHT see the stud get redshirted as neither of the other two have that option available. But the O-Line will probably lead Auburn to going back to a ground and pound game and open up the passing by running much more effectively than a year ago. LOL, maybe a QB transfers out this summer that we could welcome to build depth as McMillan will be done this year.

The Tigers open against Oregon, and that will be a big measuring stick for them. Maybe we catch them not taking Tulane seriously enough, but the talent is there for a route. On the other board I've read how our running game will keep the game close; I hope that's true. This is not playing OU in Norman, but this Auburn team could turn out to be as good as Ohio State was last year. Or, if a QB doesn't step up and demand the starting job, we might have a shot.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Naval Academy, or the Chet Gladchuck extension University preview

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/05 ... ayers-2019
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

US&F preview...don't think they are on the docket...but what the hell

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

United States Military Academy preview

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:40 am United States Military Academy preview

Thanks for posting the link. Interesting to see the Tulane game as key to their season:
Key Game To The Army Season
Tulane, Oct. 5
This will be the game when we know whether or not this Army team has the potential to be the killer it was last season. If all goes according to plan, the Knights should beat Rice, UTSA and Morgan State to start the season, and they’ll likely lose to Michigan.

After getting a week off, dealing with a good, sound Tulane team is a must win against a team good enough to hold up against the Knight O – the Green Wave coaching staff knows option offenses. With three of the next four games on the road, taking care of home is a must.
Could be the key game to our season, as well.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks again, 'nut!

I was supposed to be bringing my daughter to N'awlins for the UCF game. But it's the weekend before Thanksgiving and the airlines jacked up their prices. It's going to be well over $1k just in airfare for her from FL and me from metro NYC. That's before we start partying in N.O. pay for renting my buddy's condo, etc.

It's unfortunate that Milton McKenzie won't play this year, and it's questionable if he'll return to the game. I truly thought he was the best player in the Conference including Ed Oliver. If you watched their games regularly, he did something really special about 3 or 4 times every week. But that's good news for our Green Wave. Neither Wimbrush nor the guy that stepped in for Milton are anything close to the special player McKenzie is (or was.) It will also help us that the game is late in the year and UCF is relatively thin on both lines. Going into the game with less injuries than UCF (something none of us can predict) would be huge. It's a tough game, but we get them at Yulman, and have to hope we show we belong with them. It's really a measuring stick game much more so than going on the road to play Auburn.

Boy is it good to see the countdown clock below 100 days! Cannot wait for this season, it should be a fun ride.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The Auburn game will be 6:30 on ESPN 2.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Fan duel has us as 6.5 point underdogs when hosting UCF. Seems about right. I have that game circled as. Potential game for me to fly back for and a perception changer for the program. We CAN we that game. We havent had a sell out since opening game at Yulman and i think this would be the next best shot we have at a sell out. UCF will bring fans and there will be some interest around NOLA.

Only 3 months to go !!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:19 pm

Fan duel has us as 6.5 point underdogs when hosting UCF. Seems about right. I have that game circled as. Potential game for me to fly back for and a perception changer for the program. We CAN we that game. We havent had a sell out since opening game at Yulman and i think this would be the next best shot we have at a sell out. UCF will bring fans and there will be some interest around NOLA.

Only 3 months to go !!!!
If I had to bet the game today, I'd lay the points.

That said, I don't think this game sells out. Airfares are doubled or tripled for that weekend as it's the week before Thanksgiving. UCF fans don't travel really well, but maybe they show up in the Big Easy, but again, airfares even from Orlando to NO are already jacked up that weekend.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope all of our games sell out but realistically the only way that game sells out is if both are undefeated and ranked relatively high..
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Airfare fluctuates, there is plenty of time for the rates to go up & down. Hopefully it will plummet
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:58 pm I hope all of our games sell out but realistically the only way that game sells out is if both are undefeated and ranked relatively high..
Im optimistic (probably the optimism of the off season + too much green kool aid) that a 1 or 2 loss tulane team against an undefeated UCF would sell out 20+k tickets. I would imagine UCF kids would love a road trip/flight to Nola
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:00 pm Airfare fluctuates, there is plenty of time for the rates to go up & down. Hopefully it will plummet
Not the weekend before Thanksgiving. That's one of the heaviest traveled weekends of the year.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:08 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:00 pm Airfare fluctuates, there is plenty of time for the rates to go up & down. Hopefully it will plummet
Not the weekend before Thanksgiving. That's one of the heaviest traveled weekends of the year.
I bet if your daughter saved 1.50 cents per day, that is one third of the cost of a Starbucks, that would pay the airfare...or put the loose change in a bucket on a DAILY basis, two weeks prior to the game go tothe ban and have it deposited into a the checking account...U would be surprised how much money it adds up to
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Live and direct form Landry's resturant, not home to authenic Cajun Food, The UH Preview....

Last edited by golfnut69 on Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 am Live and direct form Landry's resturant, home not so authenic Cajun Food, The UH Preview....

Damned, you'd think Houston is coming off of a NY6 game and will contend for a bearth in the ESPN Invitational Mythical Championship Playoff!
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:03 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:35 am Live and direct form Landry's resturant, home not so authenic Cajun Food, The UH Preview....

Damned, you'd think Houston is coming off of a NY6 game and will contend for a bearth in the ESPN Invitational Mythical Championship Playoff!
They just might, they have loads of talent being supplemented with new Jucos, a large supportive local student base/alumni base and did I mention this little thing called coaching?
Seeing how they dispatched us like a rented mule last year with a half-assed staff, the Fertitta Group got it right this time.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 am

They just might, they have loads of talent being supplemented with new Jucos, a large supportive local student base/alumni base and did I mention this little thing called coaching?
Seeing how they dispatched us like a rented mule last year with a half-assed staff, the Fertitta Group got it right this time.
a quote from the article........"Going to Tulane, will be dangerous"........Tulane will be as good as the OL.....if the OL is just slighly better than average, Tulane may win 8 games...but I am going to go with 6 maybe 7 based on the road schedule...I will also state right now..The Refs will not allow Army to lose to Tulane.....
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

wave97 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:53 am

They have made good hires and are committed to winning. But we’ve held our own against houston the last few years even taking into consideration that demoralizing beating last year. I think USF & Memphis would also agree we arent to be overlooked. I am in the 8 win prediction camp.