2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:55 am CFN has us playing in the Liberty Bowl. Kind of odd because the AAC doesn't have a Liberty Bowl Tie-in despite having a team there last year.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... eview-2019

But I'd be very happy to be playing in a bowl game after Christmas!
WRONG AGAIN . Your reading is atrocious .

They project us for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport .

Where did you attend school ? Or is the more appropriate question `did you attend school` ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:26 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:55 am CFN has us playing in the Liberty Bowl. Kind of odd because the AAC doesn't have a Liberty Bowl Tie-in despite having a team there last year.

https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... eview-2019

But I'd be very happy to be playing in a bowl game after Christmas!
WRONG AGAIN . Your reading is atrocious .

They project us for the Independence Bowl in Shreveport .

Where did you attend school ? Or is the more appropriate question `did you attend school` ?
You are right, it's the "Walk On Independence Bowl." Thanks for trolling and pointing out my mistake. You can now go back to your parents basement look in the mirror and pound your chest thinking about how happy you are that you caught my mistake.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:25 pm So much for missing Alex Atkins?
Yep.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Wow. When was the last time the majority of our fans felt confident the our team would win 6-7 games at the worst season scenario? Fritz could really make some serious noise this year if we don't lay an egg. I think these guys have what it takes to win 10 games this year after a 9-3 regular season. That's not my prediction, but I believe we can do it. This year, the season will be at the hands of the defense.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I've read that we're getting close to $2 mln for our game at Auburn. I have to ask: Why? Isn't that close to the highest payout for a visiting team this year? I love that we're getting a big payday. I hope we're competitive. I just wonder what Auburn was thinking offering us that much $$?
oliveandblue
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm I've read that we're getting close to $2 mln for our game at Auburn. I have to ask: Why? Isn't that close to the highest payout for a visiting team this year? I love that we're getting a big payday. I hope we're competitive. I just wonder what Auburn was thinking offering us that much $$?
A 7-5 AAC team looks better than an FCS if it comes down to a playoff discussion. SOS.
Eaglewave
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:24 pm I've read that we're getting close to $2 mln for our game at Auburn. I have to ask: Why? Isn't that close to the highest payout for a visiting team this year? I love that we're getting a big payday. I hope we're competitive. I just wonder what Auburn was thinking offering us that much $$?
A 7-5 AAC team looks better than an FCS if it comes down to a playoff discussion. SOS.
Much better.
Ball Sumrall!
MILO
Trickle

Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
nawlinspete
Riptide

MILO wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:48 am Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.
MINE what ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wil post this here since there are a few people tulane will interact with during the season.....

https://sports.yahoo.com/25-most-intrig ... 09595.html
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wimbush is barely a fraction of the player that McKenze Milton is. McKenzie was the best player in the AAC and one of the best in D1 football. If you watched him week to week he made 4 or 5 plays per game that left you with your jaw dropped. If you only watched him a week or two, you missed out in a big way.

I hope McKenzie can get his leg healthy enough to return, he's really something special that few people outside of UCF fans appreciate.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:48 am
Wimbush is barely a fraction of the player that McKenze Milton is. McKenzie was the best player in the AAC and one of the best in D1 football. If you watched him week to week he made 4 or 5 plays per game that left you with your jaw dropped. If you only watched him a week or two, you missed out in a big way.

I hope McKenzie can get his leg healthy enough to return, he's really something special that few people outside of UCF fans appreciate.
sey what !!!...Wimbush went to a Private Catholic school...so ya know he has to be great...just aske all those Jesuit alums
NOLA Fan
Ripple

Maybe Auburn can pay Tulane $2MM because as a P5 SEC school, they have the money & because "Tulane" looks better on the schedule at the end of the year than a directional school. If they go undefeated or maybe 10-2, it doesn't make a difference. If they go 7-5 or 8-4, it could make a difference in ranking & bowl game selection.
Ruski
Swell

oliveandblue wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:51 pm
Except the game was agreed to in Winter 2017.....coming off a 4-8 season with our most impressive win being a home OT win over ULL.....this was just a good bit of business by TD
Ruski
Swell

A glimmer of hope for the Auburn game.....they just announced a true freshman as their starting QB. If ever there was a way for us to win that game it's to come out on fire, punch em in the mouth, get them rattled, and fend them off just enough in the 2nd half.

https://thefanatic.com/college/football ... arterback/
Aberzombie1892
Swell

There are several variables here:
1. The price for FCS teams has increased, which causes the price for G5 teams to increase.
2. Teams from the ACC and SEC only play 8 conference games, so, assuming they save 1 slot for FCS (sometimes they have 2, like 2019 Florida), they generally need 3 G5 games (unless they are Florida, South Carolina, or Georgia).
3. ACC and SEC teams do not like to play G5 teams away from home, which means they are not handing out home for home agreements and thus have to pay.
4. The CFP committee has indirectly indicated that it will punish teams for scheduling multiple FCS teams (i.e. 2015 UNC was 11-1 and was ranked #10 going into the ACC title game - that rank placed it behind 3 2 loss teams).

The 3 items above has caused the price to increase.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican