WBB 2018-19 Season thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
anEngineer
Riptide

Lisa Stockton got a new contract in 2017. She's not going anywhere anytime soon. For me, it's unclear exactly what happened to this team. They seemed to miss a lot of easy shots near the goal and never really had that go-to person. Upper classmen became less and less a factor as the year went on. The young core of Freeman, Cheatham, Jones, Heide, Gutierrez (and Mimms redshirting) played well individually, but never really gelled as a team. Maybe that was a deficiency in the upper classmen.

It would be reasonable to question if these young players will be developed to their full extent by the assistants. This staff has been together a long time and may be getting too comfortable/complacent.

DrBox
Riptide

I have absolutely no information or facts. But when teams tank like this, there's usually some internal ruckus going on.
Stockton did the program no favors hiring a friend instead of a top recruiter last time there was an assistant opening.
DrBox
Riptide

And the season ends with a non-effort against Cincy. 5-11 in conference, as the coronation continues.
DrBox
Riptide

Lisa Stockton should resign...she owes it to Tulane to resign.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What started out as a promising season crashed and burned quickly following the crushing defeat at the hands of UConn. That was a home game, and Tulane had the longest winning streak in the conference going into that game! We were brutally bad from that point on.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 am What started out as a promising season crashed and burned quickly following the crushing defeat at the hands of UConn. That was a home game, and Tulane had the longest winning streak in the conference going into that game! We were brutally bad from that point on.
if you are goin' to be bad...make it Brutal....leave no doubts
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:25 am What started out as a promising season crashed and burned quickly following the crushing defeat at the hands of UConn. That was a home game, and Tulane had the longest winning streak in the conference going into that game! We were brutally bad from that point on.
Yep the U Conn game was the turning point.
Stockton should have embraced being in a league with U Conn; it was an opportunity to naturally elevate the program. Instead she's complained and whined about U Conn, and, except for 1 game, U Conn has beaten us worse than just about any AAC team they've played (even the ones we were better than).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The are one and done so another non-winning season and a last place conference finish.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looked at the Tulane website and there was no article on the game. I didn’t even know we played.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:14 am Looked at the Tulane website and there was no article on the game. I didn’t even know we played.
consider yourself, one of the lucky ones !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

So is Dannen going to ignore this debacle like he ignored women's golf the last few years?