New Athletic Director

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Not a word about fundraising for IPF .

New HC needed for MBB, WBB, Baseball, FB

With so many failures it is time to find an AD who can do more than tweet, resusitate old logos and decorare a truck .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 pm Not a word about fundraising for IPF .

With so many failures it is time to find an AD who can do more than tweet, resusitate old logos and decorare a truck .
This is funny, but it may be time to seriously start looking. Personally, I would be tempted to give him another shot at FB HC if he’s willing to pull the trigger to fire Fritz soon since Fritz had a great resume at the time of his hire.
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 pm Not a word about fundraising for IPF .

Amen. Your best post ever. You’ve finally seen the light.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

How are we going to fire Fritz when our AD just gave him an extension that runs until 2023? Tulane would owe Fritz multi millions if he was fired after this season. Not going to happen although it probably should. Dannen should never have given Fritz an extension after a five win season. Truly assinine and pathetic. Dannen should be fired for giving Fritz an extension and for his lack of fundraising. As the AD at Tulane, fundraising should be Dannen’s primary focus but he does not seem up to the job.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I thought things would be different when Dickson and Cowen left, and some things have changed unfortunately the losing culture continues. Dannen has not done a good job. Plain and simple
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

I quit blaming personnel in the athletic program awhile back. The administration at Tulane is to blame. Until they commit to make a serious effort to support the programs, quit blaming ADs and coaches. It is just not possible to perform the miracle of winning consistently at a school that doesn’t take athletics seriously.
To be honest and fair, I’m not sure I don’t agree with the administration that that it would be wise to gamble on a return on their investment by putting serious money into the programs. Their goal is to do just enough to keep conference affiliation, not to excel. That way they will not lose money.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tulane needs to hire some professionals at every level....my season tickets have not arrived yet, and they only had to reach Gonzales, La, but the credit card got charged in "real time" !!!!!
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

Jax, somewhat agree with you. Successful programs are not run by the pencil necked administrations but by autonomous athletic programs.
Wave755
Tsunami

But, if Encalade makes the catch against Wake Forest and Banks doesn’t “gift” UAB a fumble for a touchdown, we are 3-0 right now and Fritz and Dannen are geniuses! ;)
posse
High Tide

+1
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:54 am But, if Encalade makes the catch against Wake Forest and Banks doesn’t “gift” UAB a fumble for a touchdown, we are 3-0 right now and Fritz and Dannen are geniuses! ;)
Yet that didn't happen. The Sky is Falling, the Sky is Falling.

FWIW: I had us at 1-3 after four games and going to a bowl game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The excuse of Tulane not $ supporting athletics is 100% wrong. All teams have what they need and more, the salaries are more than comparable. Using money as an excuse nowadays is wrong. Yeah, the facilities are not up to par, but that is on the AD to raise the funds like everywhere else.
Not only the salaries but recruiting budgets and travel budgets private planes etc. FYI we would bus to many games. Bottom line the budgets now are doubled and at the same level of all our competitors.
Budgets :
MBB
Conroy $1.2M
Dunleavy ~ $4M
Football
Johnson - $2.5M
Fritz ~ $7M
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tps- Fritz total contract may equal $7 million but he doesn't make $7 million a year. Same thing for MD.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:07 pm tps- Fritz total contract may equal $7 million but he doesn't make $7 million a year. Same thing for MD.
Budgets
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bottom line is the teams don't have what they need. Football still has a joke for a weight room. squad room, locker room and stadium. Basketball has a joke of gym to play their games in.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:22 pm Bottom line is the teams don't have what they need. Football still has a joke for a weight room. squad room, locker room and stadium. Basketball has a joke of gym to play their games in.
Proves Dannen is a failure
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:38 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:22 pm Bottom line is the teams don't have what they need. Football still has a joke for a weight room. squad room, locker room and stadium. Basketball has a joke of gym to play their games in.
Proves Dannen is a failure
Proves Tulane athletics is a failure.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Until Tulane gets into either the Big 12 or the ACC, or until some die hard fan wins the Mega Millions and designates their contribution to particular improvements, not just a general Athletics Fund contribution, we are who we are....and it ain't pretty, no matta the AD
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We won't get into any big money conference until Tulane's administration realizes that it will first have to step up and spend big bucks to bring Tulane into the modern intercollegiate world. That is the price that has to be paid for the deemphasis and all the disastrous decisions and stupidity over the past 68 years--and especially over the last 20 years. There is no Santa that will suddenly arrive and put big money into Tulane's athletic program--Tulane has to do it, itself. We can't expect success and respect on the cheap.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am We won't get into any big money conference until Tulane's administration realizes that it will first have to step up and spend big bucks to bring Tulane into the modern intercollegiate world. That is the price that has to be paid for the deemphasis and all the disastrous decisions and stupidity over the past 68 years--and especially over the last 20 years. There is no Santa that will suddenly arrive and put big money into Tulane's athletic program--Tulane has to do it, itself. We can't expect success and respect on the cheap.
H-Wave....I agree, it is called investment spending, but I do not see Tulane being active in that business model..... I have given my last "gift" to Tulane, hell my season tickets have not arrived yet
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am We won't get into any big money conference until Tulane's administration realizes that it will first have to step up and spend big bucks to bring Tulane into the modern intercollegiate world. That is the price that has to be paid for the deemphasis and all the disastrous decisions and stupidity over the past 68 years--and especially over the last 20 years. There is no Santa that will suddenly arrive and put big money into Tulane's athletic program--Tulane has to do it, itself. We can't expect success and respect on the cheap.
I've been saying that for years. Unfortunately we know Tulane will never do it. They think doubling a ridiculously small budget is all they need to do.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

And since the whole NCAA knows this and knew this, we weren't close to a P5 (or earlier P6) invite. Eamon Kelly should have started seeing athletics as the "Front Porch" of the University, but he was really soured by the basketball scandal. Cowen made a HUGE mistake not taking advantage of 1998 and not only hiring RR, but also pushing for a power conference invite. Yes, this has been said often, but it can NEVER be overstated: Cowen cost the University hundreds of millions of dollars. And let's not get into his failure to keep pace with the growth of the endowment.
Jaxwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm The excuse of Tulane not $ supporting athletics is 100% wrong. All teams have what they need and more, the salaries are more than comparable. Using money as an excuse nowadays is wrong. Yeah, the facilities are not up to par, but that is on the AD to raise the funds like everywhere else.
Not only the salaries but recruiting budgets and travel budgets private planes etc. FYI we would bus to many games. Bottom line the budgets now are doubled and at the same level of all our competitors.
Budgets :
MBB
Conroy $1.2M
Dunleavy ~ $4M
Football
Johnson - $2.5M
Fritz ~ $7M
Not necessarily talking about money. Go to other forum and read rjc’s comments regarding past coaches and their attitude about the academics required.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:27 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:34 pm The excuse of Tulane not $ supporting athletics is 100% wrong. All teams have what they need and more, the salaries are more than comparable. Using money as an excuse nowadays is wrong. Yeah, the facilities are not up to par, but that is on the AD to raise the funds like everywhere else.
Budgets :
MBB
Conroy $1.2M
Dunleavy ~ $4M
Football
Johnson - $2.5M
Fritz ~ $7M
Not necessarily talking about money. Go to other forum and read rjc’s comments regarding past coaches and their attitude about the academics required.
to summarize RJC's comments regarding the Tulane Coaches attitude...The educators at Tulane require the Coaches to take average players with good grades and coach them up...they do not want the good player with average grades and then have the responsibility of actually having to inspire and educate,,,,, RJC posted, he was a past president of several Tulane booster organizations, and has met many of the Coaches