Ole Miss Sweeps the Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Does Turchin still have artificial turf? Is the Old Miss field natural? I was always concerned when the team hit the road when we had the artificial turf which always gave a true bounce at home.

Profoundwizard
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Does Turchin still have artificial turf? Is the Old Miss field natural? I was always concerned when the team hit the road when we had the artificial turf which always gave a true bounce at home.
Playing surface is the least of our worries
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:Does Turchin still have artificial turf? Is the Old Miss field natural? I was always concerned when the team hit the road when we had the artificial turf which always gave a true bounce at home.
Turchin is still artificial. Ole Miss has natural turf in the field. It didn't have any affect on our play.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote:Is the Old Miss field natural? I was always concerned when the team hit the road when we had the artificial turf which always gave a true bounce at home.
Only their foul territory is artificial turf. Needs to be replaced at that.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

What time does the Sunday game start?
capwave
High Tide

1:30
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
Turchin is still artificial. Ole Miss has natural turf in the field. It didn't have any affect on our play.
I thought they replace the 'fake brick facade"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

On ESPN3, Wave up 1-0.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Have to like the Ole Miss unis.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

2-1 wave top 6th
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bad 5 run inning hurt 6-3 Final. Rebs sweep. Bullpen let us down.
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

Before the season started I think everyone figured we would be 2-4 or 3-3 at best
Wright State took 2 from ULL in Lafayette
Lamar split a 4 game series with Hofstra. Double headers Friday and Saturday. They are 3-5
Cal St Fullerton drop the series 1-2 against Houston
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:Before the season started I think everyone figured we would be 2-4 or 3-3 at best
Wright State took 2 from ULL in Lafayette
Lamar split a 4 game series with Hofstra. Double headers Friday and Saturday. They are 3-5
Cal St Fullerton drop the series 1-2 against Houston
With 5 games in 6 days we are going to need our bullpen to come through.
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Attended the games. Of course Friday was our best chance for a win and the rain postponement definitely hurt. Very disappointed that we gave up the “big” innings in games 2 and 3. Not ready to compete with this caliber team. Can’t have those weak innings.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Was hoping we'd win one. We had a good chance in game one. As Turvs noted the rain issue hurt us. Roper had thrown 20 less pitches than their starter and was in a good groove. We'll never know but that's part of the game and we didn't get it done. Game two was one of those clunkers that happens in a long baseball season. Can't do that against a quality team like Ole Miss. We were looking good today. Gillies was throwing well. He just needs to learn how to play defense. He messed up on a bunt last week and did the same thing today. He also has to eliminate giving up homers. No matter how well he may be throwing you just know the homer is coming. Hoese should have then got the runner going to third out and we would have still had a the double play alive.

Baseball is a long season. There have been good signs and bad ones. Hopefully we keep getting better at the good ones and minimize the bad ones. We play a good schedule and we have a lot of opportunities to take advantage of.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me
Tsunami

First real test of the season and we failed. Ole Miss not as good as I thought they were. They will host a regional as most in the SEC but they will choke in it at home as usual. Disappointed that we couldn’t at least win one game. The good news is that Cal St Fullerton is not as good as expected. Lamar should be beatable as well. We are going to get better but remember most experts picked us near the bottom of the AAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Actually Wright St. was a good test. They beat ULL 2 out of 3 this weekend. As for Ole Miss if their weekend starting pitchers stay healthy they will have a good chance to win the SEC and be a national seed. We play a tough schedule and like many others I think that's the way to go to help build the team.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Actually Wright St. was a good test. They beat ULL 2 out of 3 this weekend. As for Ole Miss if their weekend starting pitchers stay healthy they will have a good chance to win the SEC and be a national seed. We play a tough schedule and like many others I think that's the way to go to help build the team.
ULL is 2-5. Not very good. Even with that they got robbed today of a win. A 2-run home run was ruled a double. And they failed to score and lost by one run. Ole Miss hasn’t beat anyone yet so it’s way too early to crown them SEC champs.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Baseball is a long season. ULL has a good program . Ole Miss' pitchers are the real deal.You and the others that went crazy when we didn't hand the job to Andy made clear your hate for Dannen and Tulane baseball. You have a clear agenda and no credibility when it comes to posting about the baseball program. You want it to to fail and fail miserably.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Baseball is a long season. ULL has a good program . Ole Miss' pitchers are the real deal.You and the others that went crazy when we didn't hand the job to Andy made clear your hate for Dannen and Tulane baseball. You have a clear agenda and no credibility when it comes to posting about the baseball program. You want it to to fail and fail miserably.
We’ll have to disagree on ULL. Ole Miss starters are good but so are our starters. I agree I wanted Andy but got over it once he wasn’t picked. I have nothing for love for Tulane baseball. In fact it’s my favorite sport to follow. Until we win at something I will be critical of Dannen. My clear agenda is that I want a winner. Dannen has yet to “Show Me” that. If we fail than Dannen has to go out and pick the next coach. I like Jewett. I think he’s going in the right direction. He just has to “ Show Me” as do all coaches. I’m a believer in Fritz, not convinced on Dunleavy yet. Speaking of credibility, in your case I find it hard to believe you’d have any coming from someone with such an anti-Rick Jones agenda.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Our starters have the potential to be solid but Ole Miss' starters are top notch. If they stay healthy they'll go a long way. No sense in arguing b/c you've made it clear you'll keep moving the goal post no matter what the team does. My only agenda is to see us get back on the winning track.
Pepper
Swell

I believe Ole Miss is a regional team and Wright State will be as well. With that being said, way too early on our club. Everybody wants Tulane to succeed. Those who didn't want baseball to be winners were the anti-baseball/anti-Rick Jones crowd. Most wished it was with AC or Riser leading them. To complicate matters, last year was a disaster on and off. Looked like a square peg in a round hole last year. Team including coaches seem more cohesive so far. I like Dannen's hire in both football and basketball. Baseball, the jury is still out but making progress.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
rollwave11
High Tide

Very encouraged by what I have seen so far through 6 games. Much better than last years team. Hung with Ole Miss in all 3 games and had chances to win. The more this team plays together and the coaches can figure out the guys that can be trusted in the bullpen, we will be in good shape. Ole Miss is an Omaha caliber team (there is a reason why D1 has them in the top 10), and Wright St is a solid team. They had a very nice series win on the road against ULL. Yes, ULL is 2-5 but they have played Texas and Wright St.

As far as our team, I think we are a much more balanced offense than in previous years. We put the ball in play and have some really good hitters in the middle of the order. We actually out-hit Ole Miss in 2 of the 3 games. On the mound, I really like what I have seen out of the starters (Roper, Ross, and Gillies). They have thrown strikes and for the most part shut down 2 good offenses. The bullpen has to figure some things out. Sam, Issa, and Ryan Green have pitched pretty well so far. Solesky and Trent Johnson have not pitched great, but I think they will be fine. The freshmen (Pellerin and Bates) look like they could be contributors as the season goes on. The 2 that are a little concerning at this point are McAffer and White. They have had big roles so far and have not come through. Defensively, we are really good in the infield. Sal and Hoese have really impressed on the left side. Outfield defense needs to improve. Jewett moved some guys around this weekend, which I think hurt our defense. Our best defensive outfield is when Johnson is in left, Spoon in center, and Kobi Owen in right. Hoping we can have a winning week. Fullerton is going to come in desperate after their slow start.
GreenLantern
Riptide

I wasn't able to listen to the Ole Miss games. How did Massey look on Saturday? I know we lost big but I hope that there were some positive points from his start. I'm a big fan of his and I really would like to see him regain his form and confidence.