Podcast: Back-to-Back Tulane Bowl Wins for the First Time ever

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

In this FTWCast, FTW writer Janny and I record in the minutes after the bowl victory:

We discuss:

1) Was the 2019 season a success?

2) Justin McMillan's take that this was the best Tulane senior class ever. We look at the evidence and point out another very strong Tulane bowl team to consider.

3) Reasons for optimism in 2020 and what comes next for the program

Listen above or on your favorite podcast player

WavyHoops
High Tide

Great stuff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
I agree win. Not only being overstated, but the podcast has a lot of post bowl game euphoria injected. Janny couldn't even remember that we went 1-5 the second half of the season. That's what happens when you post during or immediately after games. You're caught up in the emotion of what you're seeing or just saw. My posts during the first half of Saturdays games can attest to that!

THANK YOU JP for the FTW Podcasts throughout the year. You do an outstanding job.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
I agree win. Not only being overstated, but the podcast has a lot of post bowl game euphoria injected. Janny couldn't even remember that we went 1-5 the second half of the season. That's what happens when you post during or immediately after games. You're caught up in the emotion of what you're seeing or just saw. My posts during the first half of Saturdays games can attest to that!

THANK YOU JP for the FTW Podcasts throughout the year. You do an outstanding job.
D- just to be clear I was referring to the athletic department when I talked about some points being overstated. I agree it's hard for someone talking right after the event to be objective. Also agree that overall it was a good job.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm

D- just to be clear I was referring to the athletic department when I talked about some points being overstated. I agree it's hard for someone talking right after the event to be objective. Also agree that overall it was a good job.
:) :thumbup:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We appreciate the content, and it is good content. No one is being directly compensated or financially supported by the school or sponsors, so that makes the quality of content even more impressive. But yes, even modern history there have been more talented senior classes. This was a great senior class though.

“ As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. ”

Win that is fascinating, and not something I was aware of.