Podcast: Back-to-Back Tulane Bowl Wins for the First Time ever

The leading blog for Tulane fans. Coverage on FTW & Twitter for Green Wave Football, Hoops, Baseball and more.
Post Reply
fearthewaveblog
Ripple
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:21 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:24 am

In this FTWCast, FTW writer Janny and I record in the minutes after the bowl victory:



We discuss:

1) Was the 2019 season a success?

2) Justin McMillan's take that this was the best Tulane senior class ever. We look at the evidence and point out another very strong Tulane bowl team to consider.

3) Reasons for optimism in 2020 and what comes next for the program

Listen above or on your favorite podcast player


WavyHoops
High Tide
Posts: 291
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:36 am

Great stuff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8876
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm

winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
I agree win. Not only being overstated, but the podcast has a lot of post bowl game euphoria injected. Janny couldn't even remember that we went 1-5 the second half of the season. That's what happens when you post during or immediately after games. You're caught up in the emotion of what you're seeing or just saw. My posts during the first half of Saturdays games can attest to that!

THANK YOU JP for the FTW Podcasts throughout the year. You do an outstanding job.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15384
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm
winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
I agree win. Not only being overstated, but the podcast has a lot of post bowl game euphoria injected. Janny couldn't even remember that we went 1-5 the second half of the season. That's what happens when you post during or immediately after games. You're caught up in the emotion of what you're seeing or just saw. My posts during the first half of Saturdays games can attest to that!

THANK YOU JP for the FTW Podcasts throughout the year. You do an outstanding job.
D- just to be clear I was referring to the athletic department when I talked about some points being overstated. I agree it's hard for someone talking right after the event to be objective. Also agree that overall it was a good job.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8876
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:16 pm

winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:14 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:42 pm
winwave wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:05 pm
Thanks for all your efforts. As to best senior class we have over 100 years of history. We have had classes that led us to the Rose Bowl. Another that led us to a Rose Bowl invitation but the school turned it down. Classes that took us to two Sugar Bowls. The 1970 class that won the Liberty Bowl. The 1998 class. The 1979 class was a good one. Classes that produced SEC championships. I'm sure there are many more. I appreciate the efforts of the current class but they would be down the list. As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. As for being the class with the most wins again as has been pointed out teams play a lot more games a season now than they did before. I understand the athletic department has to promote itself but things are clearly being overstated.
I agree win. Not only being overstated, but the podcast has a lot of post bowl game euphoria injected. Janny couldn't even remember that we went 1-5 the second half of the season. That's what happens when you post during or immediately after games. You're caught up in the emotion of what you're seeing or just saw. My posts during the first half of Saturdays games can attest to that!

THANK YOU JP for the FTW Podcasts throughout the year. You do an outstanding job.
D- just to be clear I was referring to the athletic department when I talked about some points being overstated. I agree it's hard for someone talking right after the event to be objective. Also agree that overall it was a good job.
:) :thumbup:
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Bicoastalwave
Swell
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:38 pm

We appreciate the content, and it is good content. No one is being directly compensated or financially supported by the school or sponsors, so that makes the quality of content even more impressive. But yes, even modern history there have been more talented senior classes. This was a great senior class though.

“ As I've posted before if the rules had always been that a team with a .500 record goes to a Bowl then this would have been our 59th Bowl game. ”

Win that is fascinating, and not something I was aware of.
Post Reply