AAC in the Tourney's

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wichita St. lost out in its play in game so we have one team in the bracket. In the NIT SMU lost out to Boise.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:09 am Wichita St. lost out in its play in game so we have one team in the bracket. In the NIT SMU lost out to Boise.
Probably the weakest the conference has ever been. Getting close to a one bid league.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If Oral Robert’s can do it, we can too. Man that team was impressive
HoustonWave
Tsunami

AAC's tourney performance is trying to match its bowl game performance.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tufinal4
High Tide

Oral Roberts, North Texas, Abilene Christian, Ohio- meanwhile, total obscurity for Tulane at 26 years & counting since our last bid. Anyone can do it in basketball, and all of these upsets reveal the hypocrisy of the committee on the number of at large bids going to conferences that are P5 in football.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tufinal4 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:22 am Oral Roberts, North Texas, Abilene Christian, Ohio- meanwhile, total obscurity for Tulane at 26 years & counting since our last bid. Anyone can do it in basketball, and all of these upsets reveal the hypocrisy of the committee on the number of at large bids going to conferences that are P5 in football.
Abilene Christian...what a performance...hustle from baseline to beseline...switiching man to man defense, pressure the ball played to perfection, in your face D.... move/pass the ball quickly on O.....stretch their slower D, with your passing and movement...sometimes I thought I was watching a Pete Carill Princeton team on offense.....the last play, could have been a called foul or a no call, I 've seen it both ways...that said, U are the Univeristy of Texas @ Austin, with a 65 million dollar basketball arena being built...how do U allow this to happen...but my bracket is a winner, since UT has been eliminated...looking forward to fun times at the course today !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houston advances to the Sweet 16
63-60 over Rutgers.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

So does Oral Robert’s and those other teams listed have better facilities then us ? Glad to see houston scrap out the win vs Rutgers.

It has been mazing watching these “name brand” P5 teams get crushed. Clearly terrible seeding and media bias. Yes we know basketball and football are different. However a little discussed part of football rankings are how highly rated the recruiting classes are (this has been confirmed, but is rarely mentioned). Oral Robert’s and these other underdogs are showing why that is an absolute trash metric and also why the college football playoff is a joke.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Jim nantz just spoke about Caleb Daniels in the nova north texas game and how coach dunleavy called jay wright. He told Jay Wright that Caleb “was his kind of kid” or something to that extent. Wow thanks dunleavy for helping to push our most talented player out the door and making coach hunters job even harder.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:10 pm Jim nantz just spoke about Caleb Daniels in the nova north texas game and how coach dunleavy called jay wright. He told Jay Wright that Caleb “was his kind of kid” or something to that extent. Wow thanks dunleavy for helping to push our most talented player out the door and making coach hunters job even harder.
Daniels was here ONLY because of Dunleavy and his NBA experience . He was all in on Dunleavy and had absolutely no interest in staying UNDER ANY NEW COACH considering Dunleavy greased the hinges on the door Daniels could pull open easily himself .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:03 pm So does Oral Robert’s and those other teams listed have better facilities then us ? Glad to see houston scrap out the win vs Rutgers.

It has been mazing watching these “name brand” P5 teams get crushed. Clearly terrible seeding and media bias. Yes we know basketball and football are different. However a little discussed part of football rankings are how highly rated the recruiting classes are (this has been confirmed, but is rarely mentioned). Oral Robert’s and these other underdogs are showing why that is an absolute trash metric and also why the college football playoff is a joke.
Yes it does:

https://oruathletics.com/facilities/mabee-center/2
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:03 pm So does Oral Robert’s and those other teams listed have better facilities then us ? Glad to see houston scrap out the win vs Rutgers.

Absolutely.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

watching this years tournament..I have the answer for Tulane to become a NCAA team each year...it's all in the name...Oral Roberts, ACU Loyola Chicago..all these have religious ties...I suggest Tulane have a name change to: The Tulane All Faiths Univeristy of Louisiana...cover'em all... Elite 8's and Final Fours are in our future
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The Green Dreidels ? The fighting Green Rabbi’s ?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:40 am The Green Dreidels ? The fighting Green Rabbi’s ?
the "cheerleaders" can be decked out in various religious uniforms..a rabbi here, a clerec there, a priest, a Jimmy Swaggart look-a-like, with his cousins, Jerry lee Lewis and Mickey Gilley on dueling piano's ..entertainment for all
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Memphis won the AAC.

Houston plays in the Sweet 16 tonight.
anEngineer
Riptide

Hopefully, Houston will continue their NCAA run and get more notoriety for the AAC. Many times this year, I heard national announcers refer to the AAC as the best defensive conference in the NCAA.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Houston up at the half 34-17.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:12 pm Houston up at the half 34-17.
Uh is a winnah...on to the Final 4
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:10 pm Jim nantz just spoke about Caleb Daniels in the nova north texas game and how coach dunleavy called jay wright. He told Jay Wright that Caleb “was his kind of kid” or something to that extent. Wow thanks dunleavy for helping to push our most talented player out the door and making coach hunters job even harder.
And Dannen gave Dunleavy that fat contract that we had to payout. All this is on Dannen.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Baylor crushing UH 45-20 at half. Looks like pizza tonight for the Cougars. :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:07 pm Baylor crushing UH 45-20 at half. Looks like pizza tonight for the Cougars. :lol:
An absolute blowout thus far. This Final Four version of UH is well on its way to being remembered as Phi Crappa Jama.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

78-59 Baylor in the Finals
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981