ex UCF Coach Heupel

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

And to the surprise of most everyone on this forum, Willie Fritz's name was not one that was mentioned among the prospects pursued by Tennessee. Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, SMU head coach Sonny Dykes, Cincinnati head coach Luke Fickell and Penn State head coach James Franklin were among those sought for the opening.
anEngineer
Riptide

That's quite a theft, to steal their AD and head football coach. It must be nice being a P5.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 am And to the surprise of most everyone on this forum, Willie Fritz's name was not one that was mentioned among the prospects pursued by Tennessee. Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, SMU head coach Sonny Dykes, Cincinnati head coach Luke Fickell and Penn State head coach James Franklin were among those sought for the opening.
Further evidence that Willie has worked his way well down the P5 coaching list--especially after this year's Navy and Tulsa games.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:51 am And to the surprise of most everyone on this forum, Willie Fritz's name was not one that was mentioned among the prospects pursued by Tennessee. Clemson offensive coordinator Tony Elliott, SMU head coach Sonny Dykes, Cincinnati head coach Luke Fickell and Penn State head coach James Franklin were among those sought for the opening.
Further evidence that Willie has worked his way well down the P5 coaching list--especially after this year's Navy and Tulsa games.
Or, Willie makes 61 in April; Heupel makes 43 in March?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:04 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:11 pm
Or, Willie makes 61 in April; Heupel makes 43 in March?
That too.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Pepper
Swell

I wonder if UCF will go after Freeze.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:16 pm I wonder if UCF will go after Freeze.
they need to hire an AD first
ajcalhoun
Swell

Pepper wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:16 pm I wonder if UCF will go after Freeze.
Freeze won't leave Liberty for another G5. I don't think there's a G5 that can afford to pay him what Liberty pays him. (TIL that Liberty has a larger endowment than Tulane.)
God Bless Everyone!
Wave755
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 pm (TIL that Liberty has a larger endowment than Tulane.)
By about $200K, but Michael Fitts should take care of that shortly. :D
Jaxwave
Swell

UCF fans are worried offensive players including QB Gabriel may go with Heupel to Tennessee. I wonder if McKenzie Milton wished he had waited before signing with FSU early.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:26 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 pm (TIL that Liberty has a larger endowment than Tulane.)
You're missing some zeroes, 755.
It's closer to $200 Million than $200K.
($1.59 Billion to $1.43Billion)
God Bless Everyone!
greenie78
Riptide

What a terrIble hire by Tennessee. Heupel took over what was clearly the best team in the AAC to being surpassed by Cincy, Tulsa, and Memphis at the very least. His teams are soft, undisciplined, and play no defense. He’ll get embarrassed in the SEC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:05 am What a terrIble hire by Tennessee. Heupel took over what was clearly the best team in the AAC to being surpassed by Cincy, Tulsa, and Memphis at the very least. His teams are soft, undisciplined, and play no defense. He’ll get embarrassed in the SEC.
have to admit, I am surprised by this hire, I would bet he was not even in their top 20, ... when you are scrapping the barrel, U take what they believe is the best of the rest....the demise of Tennessee can be traced back to Phil Fulmer and his backstage antics, prior to being named AD, then after he was AD, he was in way over his candle watt brain head. Hell the Coach at Tulsa was more qualified, and did one hell of a lot more with one hell of a lot less than UCF...how did the LaLaf coach not get an interview, or the UAB coach, they both have done more that Heupel
anEngineer
Riptide

Personally, I am glad to see the end of that gimmick offense of his in the AAC. It should be illegal to run plays before the defense can even look at the formation and get lined up. Give them at least 3-4 seconds. It's not like the offense doesn't have numerous advantages built in the rules already. It's like the satisfaction I felt after getting out of a conference with Marshall.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:21 am Personally, I am glad to see the end of that gimmick offense of his in the AAC. It should be illegal to run plays before the defense can even look at the formation and get lined up. Give them at least 3-4 seconds. It's not like the offense doesn't have numerous advantages built in the rules already. It's like the satisfaction I felt after getting out of a conference with Marshall.
to help the defense..legalize the "Head Slap"..."Clothesling" and offensive holding penalties will be 15 yards...just like the good ole days
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Well, we are all not giving enough credit to the fact that the Tennessee job is not a good job. Why is it not?
1. Pending NCAA Sanctions
2. Poor on the field performances for years
3. Unreasonable fanbase
4. No local recruiting ground with heavy competition for everything nearby (i.e. Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, etc.)
5. The most recent coaching search was a national embarrassment
6. The outgoing coach wasn't an exciting hire at the time the hire was made.
7. Many of the best players are leaving (i.e. Oklahoma is destroying their roster).
8. There is not a clear path for Tennessee to compete with Georgia and Florida for an SEC East Title, and that's rough on the new coach because of 1, 2, 3, and 4 above. The incoming coach is likely to get fired before he can win the division.

Tennessee is likely a bottom half SEC job right now - regardless of how much it pays staff given its pending sanctions and structural issues (i.e. unreasonable expectations given the circumstances of the program)
Wave755
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:02 am
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:26 pm
You're missing some zeroes, 755.
It's closer to $200 Million than $200K.
($1.59 Billion to $1.43Billion)
Michael is confident he will add 1 billion to our endowment. :D