Boise to the AAC looking more likely

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

https://boisedev.com/news/2020/12/21/bo ... onference/

Not only was Harsin looking to jump to the the AAC, but the Admin at Boise also has been in talks. They have said getting football to the AAC is a "Top Priority", seems like the biggest hangup is finding where to put the other sports. The AAC responded that as of now they are only interest in Boise Football, but could expand to MBB/WBB if additional west coast schools came later. Maybe this leads to a West Coast Division at some point, adding 2 of BYU/Air Force/San Diego St in addition to Boise State.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:38 pm https://boisedev.com/news/2020/12/21/bo ... onference/

Not only was Harsin looking to jump to the the AAC, but the Admin at Boise also has been in talks. They have said getting football to the AAC is a "Top Priority", seems like the biggest hangup is finding where to put the other sports. The AAC responded that as of now they are only interest in Boise Football, but could expand to MBB/WBB if additional west coast schools came later. Maybe this leads to a West Coast Division at some point, adding 2 of BYU/Air Force/San Diego St in addition to Boise State.
screw Boise...give me Colorado St...I don't want BYU,( neither does the Pac12) Hell, give me Utah State or Air Force over BYU..not crazy about San Diego St...the travel and time zone issues are one big pain in the azz....even the Pac 12 cannot get central and eastern time zone TV viewership ..but the beach views and the weather works in their favor
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

Hope not.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Belongs in the AAC Forum.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
51WaveBG
High Tide

Boise State uses the idiotic blue turf to their advantage and it should be banned. If they get into the AAC, it should be with the provision that they get green turf like everyone else. Their blue uniforms on the blue turf, at night, give them a definite advantage, because they practice there at night and are use to the darkness the blue turf provides. The ACC does not them and can do much better.
greenie78
Riptide

I would pass on Boise or any other MWC team. Only team I would add for all sports is BYU. The AAC is fine as it. They don’t need Boise.
greenie78
Riptide

Aresco needs to be very careful on not adding too many teams especially from the west coast. Keep it somewhat regional.
oliveandblue
Surge

greenie78 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:16 pm Aresco needs to be very careful on not adding too many teams especially from the west coast. Keep it somewhat regional.
The AAC was never meant to be a regional league. It actually benefits Tulane for the AAC to add either schools that are national in scope/interest (Army/BYU/Liberty/AF/Rice) OR schools in new recruiting grounds that wouldn't be adding to the bottom of the pile (SDSU).

We want the FB program to travel the country and deliver the brand of Tulane to as many people as possible. It's like a church mission.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Rice ? Liberty ? National in scope ? Add ?

Delusional ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Boise only makes sense if the AAC expands to 16 teams and goes to 4-team division pod play. We could add four teams out west for all sports. Preferably BYU, Colo St, Air Force and Boise St. Forget anything in California. Still have to add a team in the East.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DrBox
Riptide

Being in a conference with Rice brings out the absolute worst in Tulane. The worst.
Hard pass.
wave97
Swell

ODU did not participate this season. They have a very good staff and a magnificent demo & regional continuity.
Going West for additional football programs is pointless and negatively disruptive.
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Pepper
Swell

BSU's football rep would help our conference.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DrBox
Riptide

Boise's in decline.
wave97
Swell

Pepper wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:43 am BSU's football rep would help our conference.
Boise is a nothing market. So is Ft Collins.
SDSU plays in a strong market, BYU plays to a strong religous market.
Expanding westward would require CSU, SDSU, BYU & BSU. football only..
As I see it, not a good idea.
galvezwave
Swell

My vote is to leave it alone .
JDTulane
Riptide

Yusssssssssss
JDTulane
Riptide

If you want the AAC taken more seriously you cheer this on.
JDTulane
Riptide

It would be final nail for MWC
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:08 am
Pepper wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:43 am BSU's football rep would help our conference.
Ft Collins is in the Denver TV market, it is a whole 58 miles due north of Denver on I-25
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

U can call or email the American office regarding this "expansion"
469-284-5167 ...... [email protected]
DrBox
Riptide

JDTulane wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:39 am It would be final nail for MWC
They aren't a factor anyway.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:08 am
CSU alums and fans are numerous in the 3.5MM that live in the rapidly growing Colorado Front Range. A very sizeable TV market.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Harsin to be named HC @ Auburn....see ya Boise