Boise to the AAC looking more likely

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
Jaxwave
Swell

Don’t think the AAC office will care one iota what Tulane fans think. If Boise and Western teams get more in television dollars and perhaps an eventual seat at the table in the CFP (which I doubt) this deal should and will get done. And I would be for it even though it might mean we fall further down the pecking order in the conference at first. It also may bring more dollars into our athletic program and my hope is require us to make the necessary commitment to even survive in a conference with that many teams. As it is I am bored with our athletic programs and their lack of relevance in college athletics.

ajcalhoun
Swell

Boise State brings nothing to the ACC. They are old news. That trick play against Oklahoma? that was FOURTEEN years ago. Nick Saban was still with the Miami Dolphins and the iphone had not been released yet.
God Bless Everyone!
Pepper
Swell

BSU is a known program. They play good football. Can't hurt. Plus, we might open some recruiting windows to the NW.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Dave breslin
Swell

After watching us in the spud bowel, Boise is licking their chops. Weekend in Nola and playing a team that blocks like statues. We need a std infected greeting team to meet those guys to level the field
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Pepper wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:58 am BSU is a known program. They play good football. Can't hurt. Plus, we might open some recruiting windows to the NW.
All programs are known...Boise,Id is the 102nd largest TV market...they bring ZERO in regards to TV contract negotiations, and we all know, that is where the $$$$ are.....Colorado State, Air Force bring the Denver market, which is number 17.... which do you want at the bargaining table ?..as far as recruiting the NW...what a joke, Washington, Oregon they get their players from California !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
51WaveBG
High Tide

Boise State would want to be in the Western Division. Navy is in the Western Division and does not want to leave. The Eastern Division teams would not want the travel expense (especially the 2 Florida teams). What Division would you put Boise State in? Boise State has a very small TV market and I doubt if any of the Western Division teams would give up their spot for Boise State. The AAC can Do better (why not AF?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

It would be shocking if the addition of Boise would not add enough additional media dollars to justify adding them and then giving each conference member a slight bump. However, in order to make the most out of the add, two additional football only members should be added - maybe SDSU plus one of Colorado State/Air Force/Fresno State/UNLV.
Tulane1111
High Tide

Yes, what happened to Army?, was it due to army-navy tv package ? Is that why it wouldn’t work.

Air Force was that an option? .... Boise has a good football history, but that 102 tv market really stands out.

This looks just like the Wichita move in Bball, so must be a good reason for it. Really trying to strengthen the competition it seems. It worked in Bball, Houston is ranked 6th this week!

If not Army, Air Force or Rice.... then a Charlotte, Southern Miss or FAU/Ga state.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane1111 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:47 pm Yes, what happened to Army?, was it due to army-navy tv package ? Is that why it wouldn’t work.

Air Force was that an option? .... Boise has a good football history, but that 102 tv market really stands out.

This looks just like the Wichita move in Bball, so must be a good reason for it. Really trying to strengthen the competition it seems. It worked in Bball, Houston is ranked 6th this week!

If not Army, Air Force or Rice.... then a Charlotte, Southern Miss or FAU/Ga state.
It hasn't worked in basketball. Other than Houston the league has no ranked teams.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
51WaveBG
High Tide

The AAC needs an Eastern/East Coast team to replace the UConn football vacancy. AF would be the only team that I would consider, other than an East Coast team. No 2nd rate teams that would weaken the AAC. Maybe the AAC should go after Army. They fit what the AAC needs. No far west teams should be considered.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

51WaveBG wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:20 pm The AAC needs an Eastern/East Coast team to replace the UConn football vacancy. AF would be the only team that I would consider, other than an East Coast team. No 2nd rate teams that would weaken the AAC. Maybe the AAC should go after Army. They fit what the AAC needs. No far west teams should be considered.
No team further north and west of metro Denver should be considered..Army to me is not an option, we already have one service academy with 200 recruits yearly,..Air Force is only option because of the TV market involved..... hell, want a TV market go get Northern Illinois....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have Temple and Navy in the east. We don't need anymore especially since there aren't any that are worth adding.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:10 pm We have Temple and Navy in the east. We don't need anymore especially since there aren't any that are worth adding.
can I get an AMEN !!!!...the NE can't be that great, the AAC offices got the hell outta there
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Boise only makes sense if its part of some broader western strategy that Aresco is brewing up. It's Boise that has the problem, not the AAC. As a one-off, bringing Boise in makes no sense.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am Boise only makes sense if its part of some broader western strategy that Aresco is brewing up. It's Boise that has the problem, not the AAC. As a one-off, bringing Boise in makes no sense.
HoustonWave for AAC commish ...AusTexWave for Deputy Commish!!!!..ahh hell, let them be co-commish's
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:03 am
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:54 am Boise only makes sense if its part of some broader western strategy that Aresco is brewing up. It's Boise that has the problem, not the AAC. As a one-off, bringing Boise in makes no sense.
HoustonWave for AAC commish ...AusTexWave for Deputy Commish!!!!..ahh hell, let them be co-commish's
Thanks Golf, but the pay is just too much. :lol:
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:21 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:03 am
Thanks Golf, but the pay is just too much. :lol:
U are going to need that pay increase, sum elected dumb azz, has promised to raise you taxes....
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:35 am U are going to need that pay increase, sum elected dumb azz, has promised to raise you taxes....
Wealthy tycoons like golfnut need a tax increase to adjust for the numerous tax breaks they received from The Donald. Poor folks like me need that $2000 stimulus (which was just rejected by the GOP House...thank you minority whip Steve Scalise, R-LA). How will we be able to pay our child support and renew our season tickets to Tulane football?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:35 am U are going to need that pay increase, sum elected dumb azz, has promised to raise you taxes....
Wealthy tycoons like golfnut need a tax increase to adjust for the numerous tax breaks they received from The Donald. Poor folks like me need that $2000 stimulus (which was just rejected by the GOP House...thank you minority whip Steve Scalise, R-LA). How will we be able to pay our child support and renew our season tickets to Tulane football?
I am just using the tax laws / regulations, that are open to everyone, to my advantage...and if you don't...look in the mirror, don't look at me..or contact my Tax experts, Dewey-Cheetum
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Flip a coin, they can both break your heart. ;)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am
I am just using the tax laws / regulations, that are open to everyone, to my advantage...and if you don't...look in the mirror, don't look at me..or contact my Tax experts, Dewey-Cheetum
Did Howe finally retire from that law firm? :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:06 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am

Did Howe finally retire from that law firm? :
Howe retired for Dewey Cheetum & Howe after last tax season
Jaxwave
Swell

Don’t understand why those that back candidates who will raise taxes just don’t voluntary pay higher taxes even when their candidate loses. Nothing prevents that.
And Houston, I agree that both sides are full of scumbags. I just don’t like taxes.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:40 pm Don’t understand why those that back candidates who will raise taxes just don’t voluntary pay higher taxes even when their candidate loses. Nothing prevents that.
And Houston, I agree that both sides are full of scumbags. I just don’t like taxes.
The degree of over simplification in this post is staggering.
Jaxwave
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:25 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:40 pm Don’t understand why those that back candidates who will raise taxes just don’t voluntary pay higher taxes even when their candidate loses. Nothing prevents that.
The degree of over simplification in this post is staggering.
Just maybe it was meant to be.