Boise to the AAC looking more likely

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
greenie78
Riptide

This belongs in the Political forum

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:06 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 am
GreenLantern wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 am

Wealthy tycoons like golfnut need a tax increase to adjust for the numerous tax breaks they received from The Donald. Poor folks like me need that $2000 stimulus (which was just rejected by the GOP House...thank you minority whip Steve Scalise, R-LA). How will we be able to pay our child support and renew our season tickets to Tulane football?
I am just using the tax laws / regulations, that are open to everyone, to my advantage...and if you don't...look in the mirror, don't look at me..or contact my Tax experts, Dewey-Cheetum
Did Howe finally retire from that law firm? :D
I have learned, that Howe's name still appears on the letterhead. I guess he is still involved in some capacity with the 'Skimming" or the "Vig".........
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Back on subject, Boise needs us more than we need Boise. If this is part of a grander plan than maybe I'll be OK with it but as of right now I don't think they bring anything to the table. We want be "P6" so we add the poster-boy for G5? I don't like it.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:00 am Back on subject, Boise needs us more than we need Boise. If this is part of a grander plan than maybe I'll be OK with it but as of right now I don't think they bring anything to the table. We want be "P6" so we add the poster-boy for G5? I don't like it.
Hell...if any one school, bring in Nevada, at least you can take the short ride to Lake Tahoe when you visit for a game...The golf courses there are excellent....the ones in Reno are not bad either
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

Well it's 8 o'clock in Boy-see I-da-ho
We'll find our fearless leader
Wil-lie take us to the show...
DrBox
Riptide

I'm not a big fan of this, but if it happens, we need to be in the Eastern Division.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

If we make an addition we want to stay in the west. Cincy and UCF put more resources in than the rest.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:10 pm If we make an addition we want to stay in the west. Cincy and UCF put more resources in than the rest.
Not concerned with them in our division, just like I'm not concerned with them on our schedule next year. Rather play Florida schools and Memphis. Memphis is our longest-running mostly continuous opponent.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DrBox wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:53 am
winwave wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:10 pm If we make an addition we want to stay in the west. Cincy and UCF put more resources in than the rest.
Not concerned with them in our division, just like I'm not concerned with them on our schedule next year. Rather play Florida schools and Memphis. Memphis is our longest-running mostly continuous opponent.
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think most of our fans would consider Houston more of a rival than Memphis. If Tulane chose to move to the east it would be another in a long line of mistakes.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
exflash
High Tide

.........We should have joined the Metro years ago (a long story) but the Cajuns are the perfect fit now in the AAC.......Baseball and softball a college World Series chance every year......great MBB tradition of the past ..... WBB a problem......football these last 3 years very good and clearly the best team in the state this year......20k enrollment and tier one academics....great facilities with more to come.....Tulane Houston SMU Memphis Tulsa etc pretty close........would love to see a UL vs Cinn game this year!
ajcalhoun
Swell

No. The Coonasses need the AAC more than the AAC needs the Coonasses. They bring even less a "Name" than Boise.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:41 am
DrBox wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:53 am
We'll have to agree to disagree. I think most of our fans would consider Houston more of a rival than Memphis. If Tulane chose to move to the east it would be another in a long line of mistakes.
+1,000. We have far more rivalry with the UH, SMU and Tulsa. We really have no significant rivalry with the AAC east teams. Going to the east would also add a lot of travel for our non-revenue sports. If any West team needs to move to the east, it should be Memphis--they have a long standing rivalry with Cincy. Lastly, Aresco ought to tell Navy that they are going to be in the east--if Navy doesn't like it, adios.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

exflash wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:05 am .........We should have joined the Metro years ago (a long story) but the Cajuns are the perfect fit now in the AAC.......Baseball and softball a college World Series chance every year......great MBB tradition of the past ..... WBB a problem......football these last 3 years very good and clearly the best team in the state this year......20k enrollment and tier one academics....great facilities with more to come.....Tulane Houston SMU Memphis Tulsa etc pretty close........would love to see a UL vs Cinn game this year!
Being invited to join a conference in the current environment is a LOT less about competitiveness than TV eyes. There is no way Lafayette, LA is the kind of market the AAC is looking for.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:59 pm
exflash wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:05 am .........We should have joined the Metro years ago (a long story) but the Cajuns are the perfect fit now in the AAC.......Baseball and softball a college World Series chance every year......great MBB tradition of the past ..... WBB a problem......football these last 3 years very good and clearly the best team in the state this year......20k enrollment and tier one academics....great facilities with more to come.....Tulane Houston SMU Memphis Tulsa etc pretty close........would love to see a UL vs Cinn game this year!
Being invited to join a conference in the current environment is a LOT less about competitiveness than TV eyes. There is no way Lafayette, LA is the kind of market the AAC is looking for.
Exactly
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

anEngineer wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:59 pm Being invited to join a conference in the current environment is a LOT less about competitiveness than TV eyes.
Which is why Southern Miss is doomed, I'm sorry to say. Once a "Major Independent" and, like Tulane, a regularly-scheduled opponent of many SEC teams, they are now stuck in a dying C-USA with no real shot at getting invited to a better conference.
Glad it aint us.
God Bless Everyone!
anEngineer
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:09 pm Glad it aint us.
For once, we catch a break; purely due to location.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If we are going out west it isn’t fir 2 schools, it’s for 3 ( 2 schools would leave us with uneven divisions). The rumor is SDSU, Boise and Colorado State or UNLV. Not sure on my feelings on Colorado state vs UNLv. I will say I would rather BYU, Army or Air Force for the last spot.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I agree that it would be more likely to add three western teams, rather than just two. But if three, why not four western teams and put them in the same pod. Add one team in the east, and go to full blown pod play for all--four divisions, each with four teams. Save travel money, and strengthen regional rivalries. Under such a scenario, Tulane would most likely end up podded with UH, SMU and Tulsa.

Another possible pod scenario would be a Gulf Coast pod, with UCF, USF, Tulane and UH. That would leave SMU, Tulsa, Memphis and Cincy podded together, and Navy, Temple, ECU and the new eastern school podded. The possibilities are almost endless :confused:

I have to believe that Boise, SDSU, UNLV and CSU would take that package in a heartbeat.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana