Schott Down !!!!

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

I'm not defending Marge Schott at all.

My only problem is that UC knew exactly who and what she was when they accepted her money. If I were her family I'd be pissed.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 pm I'm not defending Marge Schott at all.

My only problem is that UC knew exactly who and what she was when they accepted her money. If I were her family I'd be pissed.
I, agree Cinci knew exactly who ole Marge was, and still accepted the bucks.. I wonder if the family has a legal case in suing the University for a total refund, plus interest earned .... That would be a wake up call , heard across America
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 pm
ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:22 pm I'm not defending Marge Schott at all.

I, agree Cinci knew exactly who ole Marge was, and still accepted the bucks.. I wonder if the family has a legal case in suing the University for a total refund, plus interest earned .... That would be a wake up call , heard across America
I do agree with you that UC probably knew exactly who the donor was and that it's absurd to reneg after so many years, but it was probably a "gift" from the Schott foundation which they would probably be s.o.l. because if you give a gift in any state, it's irrevocable and you don't get damages based on your gift. I would also bet that if they were able to rescind that gift from the non-profit foundation that would probably lead to some absurd tax consequences.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:14 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 pm

I do agree with you that UC probably knew exactly who the donor was and that it's absurd to reneg after so many years, but it was probably a "gift" from the Schott foundation which they would probably be s.o.l. because if you give a gift in any state, it's irrevocable and you don't get damages based on your gift. I would also bet that if they were able to rescind that gift from the non-profit foundation that would probably lead to some absurd tax consequences.
I wonder if "the Gift' had "guide lines, conditions" included / attached... This may be a case for Judge Judy ... if I ever gave a large enuff gift to Tulane it would come with the condition that everyone on NIMBY Drive be evicted
McWave
High Tide

These philanthropic “gifts” generally come with naming opportunities. The universities, out of the graciousness of their hearts (and donor strong arm negotiations) name a room, building, school, college, etc. after the donor. Otherwise the “donation’s” tax treatment is affected. I doubt there is a contractual agreement for the “donation”. Just a naming agreement hand shake. I’ve seen it first hand from the university side.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

McWave wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 pm These philanthropic “gifts” generally come with naming opportunities. The universities, out of the graciousness of their hearts (and donor strong arm negotiations) name a room, building, school, college, etc. after the donor. Otherwise the “donation’s” tax treatment is affected. I doubt there is a contractual agreement for the “donation”. Just a naming agreement hand shake. I’ve seen it first hand from the university side.
After it’s renovation Tulane tried to remove “Fogelman” and replace it with Devlin. They got flack from the Fogelman family and eventually gave in. Word was that Fogelman made a large pledge sometime back that went unfulfilled.
He later fulfilled it and the name remains.
https://news.tulane.edu/news/avron-and- ... ll-program
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981