AAC baseball cancellations

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AAC baseball games canceled so far this weekend
Columbia at ECU cancelled. Yale at UCF has been cancelled. Harvard vs UConn also cancelled.

I wonder if LBS cancels its flight here.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:05 pm AAC baseball games canceled so far this weekend
Columbia at ECU cancelled. Yale at UCF has been cancelled. Harvard vs UConn also cancelled.

I wonder if LBS cancels its flight here.
If they were flying regular commercial I could see them cancelling. If they're flying charter, maybe not.

Virtually every college up here in CT is cancelling classes and going to internet classes at least through the end of March. I wouldn't be surprised if UConn doesn't send the basketball team to the AAC tournament, or if they stop sending their baseball team anywhere.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 pm I wouldn't be surprised if UConn doesn't send the basketball team to the AAC tournament, or if they stop sending their baseball team anywhere.
That would be just fine by me. No one in the AAC is gonna miss them.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:16 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:15 pm I wouldn't be surprised if UConn doesn't send the basketball team to the AAC tournament, or if they stop sending their baseball team anywhere.
That would be just fine by me. No one in the AAC is gonna miss them.
Yeah, but if it happens, the rest of the conference is likely to follow suit and all spring sports seasons will end abruptly. It's a matter of time, quite frankly, I'm damned sure we won't be having a full season or full post season. If LBS cancels, we might be playing our last baseball game of the season tonight.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If the AAC already feels the need to cancel baseball games, then the balance of the season is in serious jeopardy. C-19 is going to get a lot worse before things start to improve.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I've just lost considerable income over the next 5 days due to hockey games I was scheduled to referee being cancelled. It's a scary feeling to have that fall back income wiped out in a matter of minutes.