CFP Rankings

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Cinci at #20 is the highest rated G5. Memphis was 21, Navy at 24 and SMU is #25.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

It’s nice having 4 teams but it’s obvious the committee has no respect for what the AAC has done this season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Avoid the ESPN click
College Football Playoff Ranking
1. Ohio State (8-0)
2. LSU (8-0)
3. Alabama (8-0)
4. Penn State (8-0)
5. Clemson (8-0)
6. Georgia (7-1)
7. Oregon (8-1)
8. Utah (8-1)
9. Oklahoma (7-1)
10. Florida (7-2)
11. Auburn (7-2)
12. Baylor (8-0)
13. Wisconsin (6-2)
14. Michigan (7-2)
15. Notre Dame (6-2)
16. Kansas State (6-2)
17. Minnesota (8-0)
18. Iowa (6-2)
19. Wake Forest (7-1)
20. Cincinnati (7-1)
21. Memphis (8-1)
22. Boise State (7-1)
23. Oklahoma State (6-3)
24. Navy (7-1)
25. SMU (8-1)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Would be interesting if Baylor won out and got shut out from the playoff by a couple of one loss teams.
The AAC will never get a fair shake in this. Only had UCF stay unbeaten for two straight years they may have been given a long shot.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 am Would be interesting if Baylor won out and got shut out from the playoff by a couple of one loss teams.
The AAC will never get a fair shake in this. Only had UCF stay unbeaten for two straight years they may have been given a long shot.
Baykor will have two to three L's before the regular season ends..Hell Tx Tech beat'em, except of the Refs blown fake snap - fumble bull shit call
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Mem and Cincy play the last week of the season. They could possibly meet the very next week in the AAC CG. The worst scenario would be for them to split those games and have Boise move ahead of them for the NY6 Bowl bid. Maybe have Navy and Cincy win out and meet in the CG would work out the best.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenie78
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am Mem and Cincy play the last week of the season. They could possibly meet the very next week in the AAC CG. The worst scenario would be for them to split those games and have Boise move ahead of them for the NY6 Bowl bid. Maybe have Navy and Cincy win out and meet in the CG would work out the best.
If Navy wins out, that means they would have won at Notre Dame.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:25 am Would be interesting if Baylor won out and got shut out from the playoff by a couple of one loss teams.
The UCF Knights DID stay unbeaten for two straight years. You must mean 3. They went 2 years without a loss ending in the bowl loss versus LSU last January missing the best player in the conference.. They were two years and a HUGE bowl win against a team that beat both the ESPN Invitational finalists going into the bowl season last year and didn't get into the playoff. But without McKenzie Milton, they would have lost in the first round anyway. They're still, IMHO, the class of the AAC. They've lost one conference game and two games overall in three seasons.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Espn surveyed a massive number of coaches and they admitted there was no path for the G5. This will change, the AAC perception is changing. Honestly everyone in the conference except uconn has been getting better. ECU will be back, Tulsa has problems but could have had a much better year with the ball bouncing their way/a real kicker.

Really rooting for navy to beat notre dame. That would be huge for the conference, especially as they won’t play any big aac teams outside of a possible CCG game. . . Which they might not make it to ! They would probably jump every G5 team with the notre dame win. Which is hilarious because they lost to Memphis. Ucf and Memphis are the class of the aac, but Ucf is vulnerable. Milton & frost made them Elite, they’re vulnerable.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:07 pm Espn surveyed a massive number of coaches and they admitted there was no path for the G5. This will change, the AAC perception is changing. Honestly everyone in the conference except uconn has been getting better. ECU will be back, Tulsa has problems but could have had a much better year with the ball bouncing their way/a real kicker.

Really rooting for navy to beat notre dame. That would be huge for the conference, especially as they won’t play any big aac teams outside of a possible CCG game. . . Which they might not make it to ! They would probably jump every G5 team with the notre dame win. Which is hilarious because they lost to Memphis. Ucf and Memphis are the class of the aac, but Ucf is vulnerable. Milton & frost made them Elite, they’re vulnerable.
Totally agree. Milton was the best player in the conference, and one of the best in D1, but UCF is still very talented. And yes, without Milton, they're vulnerable. He was a HUGE difference maker, if you watched him week to week, he probably put the team on his shoulders 4 or 5 times a season.

As much as I cheer, cheer for old Notre Dame, I will definitely be rooting for Navy to knock them off. I don't think it will happen, but Navy is much better than a year ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:07 pm Espn surveyed a massive number of coaches and they admitted there was no path for the G5. This will change, the AAC perception is changing. Honestly everyone in the conference except uconn has been getting better. ECU will be back, Tulsa has problems but could have had a much better year with the ball bouncing their way/a real kicker.

when this all shakes out there will be an added Division of college football..and when that happens, al lhell will break loose...ya see the Vandys, Wakes, N'Western, Indy, Syracuse, Boston College, Dukes etc ain't gonna get an invite, and when that happens, the Attorneys are going to be very happy...and it will not be settled on Judge Judy
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenie78 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:36 am
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 am Mem and Cincy play the last week of the season. They could possibly meet the very next week in the AAC CG. The worst scenario would be for them to split those games and have Boise move ahead of them for the NY6 Bowl bid. Maybe have Navy and Cincy win out and meet in the CG would work out the best.
If Navy wins out, that means they would have won at Notre Dame.
Win out as far as conference games is what I meant, but yeah, I did forget about the ND game. So, we're going to need either Mem or Cin to win both games. I'm hoping Memphis, because Cin could still lose the division to UCF if they lose to Memphis.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I give Navy a solid chance (30%ish) of besting notre dame. Notre dame is perpetually overrated (think Dallas cowboys). And I love betting against them.
Wave755
Tsunami

Aresco on SMU left out of the CFP rankings:
https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/smu-m ... idiculous/
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 am Aresco on SMU left out of the CFP rankings:
The CFP is all about the top 1-6. I’m surprised they just don’t list a Top 8.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:41 am
Wave755 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:43 am Aresco on SMU left out of the CFP rankings:
the issue is "branding"...if the AAC had named itself 'The BIG American" it woiuld be a PEE today !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. Hope this league can keep Aresco.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:41 am
They list the top 25 since they need to assign teams to the New Years Six bowls, and that would include assigning the highest ranked G5 team. If the G5 didn't have a guaranteed spot, they would probably stop at about 15.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Navy won't be there anymore. Getting crushed by Notre Dame 38-0 .
Show Me
Tsunami

Navy nothing. We should have beaten those guys.