AAC gets NCAA Waiver

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The NCAA is toast. They going to let everything go now because of the threat of Play for Pay
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't think that's the case here. They just appear to be giving the league time to figure things out. They didn't create a new rule like they did for the Big XII.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The league probably stay as is if they’re not required to add a team to play a championship.
We’ll see in two years I guess.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know this is extremely unpopular given UConn's decision to leave the AAC. But would it be the end of the world for UConn to remain in the conference for football only until we find a better fit for that 12th slot?

I know a few posters are going to attack this post. I am NOT a UConn fan, and have NEVER bought a ticket to a UConn game of any sport in my life. Though I have been to quite a few games in Storrs and East Hartford.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm The NCAA is toast. They going to let everything go now because of the threat of Play for Pay
Exactly. The NCAA has much bigger fish to fry right now. I have to believe their response to any request right now is "sure, whatever". The two year waiver is interesting--either they will have retained control, or will be irrelevant or gone by then. Basically they are saying, "we can't make a decision right now, check back in two years and maybe we will."
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:57 pm The NCAA is toast. They going to let everything go now because of the threat of Play for Pay
Exactly. The NCAA has much bigger fish to fry right now. I have to believe their response to any request right now is "sure, whatever". The two year waiver is interesting--either they will have retained control, or will be irrelevant or gone by then. Basically they are saying, "we can't make a decision right now, check back in two years and maybe we will."
They may be assuming that the AAC will change its mind and add a team by then.
DfromCT wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 pm I know this is extremely unpopular given UConn's decision to leave the AAC. But would it be the end of the world for UConn to remain in the conference for football only until we find a better fit for that 12th slot?

I know a few posters are going to attack this post. I am NOT a UConn fan, and have NEVER bought a ticket to a UConn game of any sport in my life. Though I have been to quite a few games in Storrs and East Hartford.
Even if the conference wanted to, it could not from a perception standpoint. Allowing UConn to stay would be a G5-ish decision (i.e. like the MW giving Boise more money than other conference teams to stay) and the AAC is aspiring to more than just another G5 conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:19 am
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:07 am
They may be assuming that the AAC will change its mind and add a team by then.
DfromCT wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:52 pm I know this is extremely unpopular given UConn's decision to leave the AAC. But would it be the end of the world for UConn to remain in the conference for football only until we find a better fit for that 12th slot?

Even if the conference wanted to, it could not from a perception standpoint. Allowing UConn to stay would be a G5-ish decision (i.e. like the MW giving Boise more money than other conference teams to stay) and the AAC is aspiring to more than just another G5 conference.
But we are not yet a P5 conference, and frankly, I've seen ranking this year, surprisingly, that put the MWC above the AAC. I'm surprised because the AAC has 6 teams that should or could at some point crack the top 25. I really think the conference is as good or better than the ACC and PAC 12, but the in-conference battles will prohibit the conference from ever having more than 2 or maybe 3 ranked at one time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V