CFN's view of UCF's loss

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

No Tulane mention :oops:
Better yet, UCF deserves to go TCU and Utah and make the jump from TV to movies. Big 12 … expand already and be a real 12 or 14-team league by bringing aboard UCF, USF, and maybe Houston and Cincinnati.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:04 am
No Tulane mention :oops:
Better yet, UCF deserves to go TCU and Utah and make the jump from TV to movies. Big 12 … expand already and be a real 12 or 14-team league by bringing aboard UCF, USF, and maybe Houston and Cincinnati.
Cincy make sense, becasue of West Virginia...UH was to be part of the Big 12 when first formed, but the Texas Guv at the time, a Baylor grad, refused to allow that to happen...not sure U need both UCF and USF, in a sense they share the same TV demographics....that leaves ??????
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Keep in mind the ESPN Playoff Ivitational is NOT recognized as a national championship tournament by any entity other than ESPN.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Except that the fans accept it as the true National Champion and all other media do too. That's just the way it is.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
squilz
Low Tide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:59 am Keep in mind the ESPN Playoff Ivitational is NOT recognized as a national championship tournament by any entity other than ESPN.
more than that, there is no official, NCAA sponsored "national championship" at all for football, unlike all other sports. Purely decided by various media entities and sponsors. NCAA record books list Bama and UCF co-champs, as the Colley-Matrix had the knights at number 1. Hell, there might be some newspaper somewhere that has 98' Tulane at 1 above Tennessee. Maybe we could petition the NCAA record keepers :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:05 am Except that the fans accept it as the true National Champion and all other media do too. That's just the way it is.
Two years ago when UCF beat Auburn in the Peach Bowl and declared themselves National Champions a lot of media outlets picked up on it. UCF had just gone undefeated and beat a team that beat the two that were playing in the playoff final. Yes, Auburn had beaten both Georgia and Alabama. There was a media outcry to change the system and expand.

The classiest part of UCF declaring themselves National Champions was that they paid Scott Frost and staff (who had already VERY publicly announced their departure for Nebraska) the bonuses in their contracts for winning a national championship.

I get what you're saying winwave, but the fact is there is no National Champion crowned in FBS football. And there's no reason not to make it a much bigger tournament similar to what they have in FCS. Just turn a bunch of the preliminary bowl games into part of the playoff. And 1/2 the participants are back to school each week, eliminating the argument that "it takes too many players out of class at exam time."

And I wear my 1998 National Champions t-shirt proudly!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Media outlets did pick up on it and many mocked UCF for it. There was no great outcry by the media for change based on that. I get your UCF bent based on your daughter going there but lets not cloud the facts.BTW, EVERYONE knows the NCAA doesn't crown a football champion at the FBS level.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

winwave wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 am Media outlets did pick up on it and many mocked UCF for it. There was no great outcry by the media for change based on that. I get your UCF bent based on your daughter going there but lets not cloud the facts.BTW, EVERYONE knows the NCAA doesn't crown a football champion at the FBS level.
This guy should just post on a UCANT and UCF forum with his nonsense.
GreenLantern
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 am
winwave wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 am Media outlets did pick up on it and many mocked UCF for it. There was no great outcry by the media for change based on that. I get your UCF bent based on your daughter going there but lets not cloud the facts.BTW, EVERYONE knows the NCAA doesn't crown a football champion at the FBS level.
This isn't going to end well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:50 pm
greenie78 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:31 am
This isn't going to end well.
D has shown restraint in not responding. See the beefing up thread to understand.