D'Eriq King Leaving with intent to Transfer

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Houston QB D'Eriq King leaving program with intent to transfer, his father says

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ther-says/

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
squilz
Low Tide

joking me would say Tulane really took a toll on him.

Otherwise, hope things work out for him. From what little I know, Holgerson isn't the most personable with his players and King has a lot of talent. Hope he finds a good fit, he's a lot of fun to watch when it's not against the wave.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I wouldn't mind if he transferred here :-)
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:35 pm I wouldn't mind if he transferred here :-)
I agree. He may like our blue unis.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:35 pm I wouldn't mind if he transferred here :-)
I'd take him in a heartbeat. He'd be the best QB we've had since Coach Fritz got here. He's loaded with talent and is perfect for the offense we're now running.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Looks like we destroyed their program....lol

https://www.coogfans.com/t/holgorsen-to ... ired/20818

09Frontiersmen
1m
This is what I’m going to pray about tonight. Apparently, he has approached several juniors/seniors about redshirting, and they are all considering transferring now. He has lost the team. I know that there is no way in hell he gets fired with that ridiculous buyout, but I’m ready to move on. If it was my money I would pull the plug. Nothing to see here. He has already given up on the season and asked his team to do the same.

Bye Felicia
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

May not be the only one.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Damn...A freind called this morning, informed me his Wife had entered the transfer portal...and now this...what a Monday
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is amusing. I do hope he just stays at houston.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow. That’s too bad for the rest of the team. Their season in the tank for sure without King.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 pm This is amusing. I do hope he just stays at houston.
would not be surprised to see him end up at OU
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:41 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:27 pm This is amusing. I do hope he just stays at houston.
From what I've heard, OU already has their next QB lined up. I think his name is Spencer Rattler?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I thought I heard Tanner Lee petitioning the NCAA to go back for one more year, this time at UH. Or was that Lindsay Scott?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:44 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:41 pm
From what I've heard, OU already has their next QB lined up. I think his name is Spencer Rattler?
that may well be...but the last two QB's from Texas seem to have done, and are doing quite well at OU
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:49 pm I thought I heard Tanner Lee petitioning the NCAA to go back for one more year, this time at UH. Or was that Lindsay Scott?
Please re post under former players...we are so close to the magic 100
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

gawd...no wonder SMU did not look familiar...37 transfers on the roster..."TR" following class designation means "transfer"
'
https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-d ... /smu/91809
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 pm gawd...no wonder SMU did not look familiar...37 transfers on the roster..."TR" following class designation means "transfer"
'
Seems to be working.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:06 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:14 pm gawd...no wonder SMU did not look familiar...37 transfers on the roster..."TR" following class designation means "transfer"
'
Seems to be working.
Sure does, SMU looks to be a huge obstacle for us to get to the conference championship game.
anEngineer
Riptide

I am disappointed. I thought we had seen the last of him.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 pm I am disappointed. I thought we had seen the last of him.
I guess he wants another shot at us.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wuz juz kiddin'...I ain't goin nowhere
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ans-return
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:59 am I wuz juz kiddin'...I ain't goin nowhere
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ans-return
So it seems like Holgerson is mailing in the rest of the season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great article. I’d be surprised if King returns to Houston but having him at practice every day may have some influence on him staying. Dana definitely using the red shirt 4 game rule to his advantage if King stays at UH for next year. He has given up this season for sure but his new QB can develop now and be a better player in the future for it.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981