Cincy Transfer

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Tough $hit. That's the way the system works, even though it's faulted every player goes through sitting out a year after transfer. Some get waivers due to coaching changes, medical issues, etc. But most have to sit a year. He can deal with it, and Cincy knew that was the most likely scenario. Whining won't change the NCAA's mind. Blaming Harbaugh (whom I argued we should have hired away from U of San Diego when we ended up with Buffet Bob) doesn't change things at all. The NCAA's holier than thou approach hasn't changed in well over 100 years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We tried to hire him. He strung us along til he got the Stanford job.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:46 am We tried to hire him. He strung us along til he got the Stanford job.
U, sir are correct.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

He strung us along for all of 2 or 3 days, and got a much better opportunity. Typical of Tulane, we didn't seal the deal when we had the chance.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 am He strung us along for all of 2 or 3 days, and got a much better opportunity. Typical of Tulane, we didn't seal the deal when we had the chance.
I may be incorrect, but I thought it was more like 10 days two weeks...it was what it was, and never will be
wave97
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:37 am Tough $hit. That's the way the system works, even though it's faulted every player goes through sitting out a year after transfer. Some get waivers due to coaching changes, medical issues, etc. But most have to sit a year. He can deal with it, and Cincy knew that was the most likely scenario. Whining won't change the NCAA's mind. Blaming Harbaugh (whom I argued we should have hired away from U of San Diego when we ended up with Buffet Bob) doesn't change things at all. The NCAA's holier than thou approach hasn't changed in well over 100 years.
HE IS AN ASS! Michigan will never get into the playoff with him in charge. Jim Harbaugh, (if he ever really considered coaching here) wouldn't have unpacked his bags before he was on his way either to the NFL or P5.
We made the right move in teaming up with LSU for our prospect camp. Michigan would have brought nothing to the table.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:14 am He strung us along for all of 2 or 3 days, and got a much better opportunity. Typical of Tulane, we didn't seal the deal when we had the chance.
It was more like a month. We had no chance to seal it because he didn't really want it. He wanted the Stanford job and held out and kept telling Tulane he was interested but he was divorced and his kids were on the west coast and it would be hard but let him think about it some more. All the while hoping he'd get the Stanford job and he did.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:06 pm
It was more like a month. We had no chance to seal it because he didn't really want it. He wanted the Stanford job and held out and kept telling Tulane he was interested but he was divorced and his kids were on the west coast and it would be hard but let him think about it some more. All the while hoping he'd get the Stanford job and he did.
We will agree to disagree on this one. It was a few days, at most. He was invited late to the conversation and we didn't make nearly the offer Stanford made for his services. I, among others, was posting regularly on NOLA.com to go after Harbaugh and Cow/Dick took too long to do so. By the time we started talking to him, he was already talking to Stanford, which was a much better opportunity. Had we gone after him a month earlier, we might have landed him.

But I do agree with other posters that he wouldn't have stayed long anyway. He is who he is.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:34 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:06 pm
We will agree to disagree on this one. It was a few days, at most. He was invited late to the conversation and we didn't make nearly the offer Stanford made for his services. I, among others, was posting regularly on NOLA.com to go after Harbaugh and Cow/Dick took too long to do so. By the time we started talking to him, he was already talking to Stanford, which was a much better opportunity. Had we gone after him a month earlier, we might have landed him.

But I do agree with other posters that he wouldn't have stayed long anyway. He is who he is.
Sorry but you're just wrong here. I was here and had a relative on the Board. We went after him early and hard. We stayed with him a lot longer, and it was weeks, than we would have with any other candidate that was stringing us along.

I remember it well because it went on so long that camps formed with one saying it was time to move on and the other one saying no hang in there he's worth it. Tulane hung in there and then he got the Stanford offer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican