Norvell leaving Memphis for FSU

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:08 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am At least Memphis promoted the new HC from within, so that would end all of the Will Hall to Memphis nonsense on there internet.
WH to FSU more likely.
I wonder if Will Hall is as “hot of a commodity” that many on this forum think he is? Other than a trick play against Houston?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:36 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:35 am At least Memphis promoted the new HC from within, so that would end all of the Will Hall to Memphis nonsense on there internet.
WH to FSU more likely.
I wonder if Will Hall is as “hot of a commodity” that many just look on this forum think he is? Other than a trick play against Houston?
The improvement from Ruse is obvious. We moved up over 50 spots in total offense and finished in the Top 25. The execution was lacking with all the damn penalties. The QB play was not consistent. We tend to look at the negatives more. He has a prior coaching relationship with Norvell.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 am
WH to FSU more likely.
I wonder if Will Hall is as “hot of a commodity” that many just look on this forum think he is? Other than a trick play against Houston?
The improvement from Ruse is obvious. We moved up over 50 spots in total offense and finished in the Top 25. The execution was lacking with all the damn penalties. The QB play was not consistent. We tend to look at the negatives more. He has a prior coaching relationship with Norvell.
🤔But, he seemed to forget Corey Dauphine is on our team?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 am The improvement from Ruse is obvious. We moved up over 50 spots in total offense and finished in the Top 25. The execution was lacking with all the damn penalties. The QB play was not consistent. We tend to look at the negatives more. He has a prior coaching relationship with Norvell.
Ever think maybe the problem was Dauphine? Seems he had the same issues getting on the field when Ruse was here as well. We don't know the situation with his conditioning, his game prep, etc. And he did hurt his hand in one game that affected at least one more game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

I know WF promised Dauphine more carries but this did not happen. I am fine with Hall but am confident if he does leave the sun will rise the next day nonetheless.

And, I don’t think Norvell will offer Hall OC for FSU.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WH to FSU more likely.
I wonder if Will Hall is as “hot of a commodity” that many on this forum think he is? Other than a trick play against Houston?
He was more than just one trick play. Our offensive numbers took a big leap. If we had a half decent passing QB those numbers would have been outrageous. If people have a problem with a coordinator who didn't do his job this year look at the other side of the ball.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Looking forward to improvements to the o-line & QB . Don't have a solid perspective to bring on matters offensive. Would love to see Keon Howard get time in the bowl game.
I hope the health of our d lineman improves while receiving as many "live" snaps in practice as necessary to develop their skills. Should be interesting with Howard & Pratt/Ibieta & Coach Hall
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:57 am
Wave755 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:33 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:41 am The improvement from Ruse is obvious. We moved up over 50 spots in total offense and finished in the Top 25. The execution was lacking with all the damn penalties. The QB play was not consistent. We tend to look at the negatives more. He has a prior coaching relationship with Norvell.
Ever think maybe the problem was Dauphine? Seems he had the same issues getting on the field when Ruse was here as well. We don't know the situation with his conditioning, his game prep, etc. And he did hurt his hand in one game that affected at least one more game.
Dauphine wasn't the problem. WF spit it out . He said he told WH not to be fooled by Dauphine in practice as he had another gear speed wise on game day. He was clear that it wasn't a work ethic issue it was just that on game days he just had that extra gear that very few have. He should have gone farther and did what he did late last season and insisted on more carries for him. Since our game is so late he and Bradwell should be fully healed and we should see a large dose of them.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

onward to 100 !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Dauphine on a bubble screen would have been so much fun to watch?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Why are we talking about our players in this thread, and criticizing Memphis' coaching hire in a thread that was about our coach? And not for nothing, but Memphis has a much better track record hiring coaches THIS CENTURY than Tulane does. Memphis (despite meaningless academic ratings when you're talking sports) HAS OWNED TULANE SINCE THE LATE 90's. Some are saying that Memphis made a bad hire promoting from within. Who the hell knows a dime's worth of info on their new HC? He might be the next Vince Lombardi. He might be the next Vince Gibson. Unless we have info, how the hell are we to tell?

AND PLEASE LET THE FRITZ TO MISSOU or ARK THREAD DIE. It only hurts us, there's nothing in that thread that can help recruiting.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I just took a look-see at the YOGWF. There's a thread there about Fritz's discussions with Arkansas that thread drifts into Norvell's buyout. A few posters believed that he had a $10 million buyout from Memphis. When he signed an extension earlier this year (2/19) it was widely reported that his buy out remained at $500k. Where do they come up with $10 million???

:roll:
He was extended again after another West Division championship in 2018 and yet, according to the Daily Memphian, his buyout remains unchanged at $500,000.
https://footballscoop.com/news/look-mik ... t-memphis/
HoustonWave
Tsunami

We"ll never know the answer to the Corey Dauphine mystery. All he had was the highest TD per carry stat over the last two years. We'll never know what he could have done, had we had an offense built around getting him the ball in space--didn't happen with Ruse Scrum Ball, and didn't really happen under Hall.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:33 pm We"ll never know the answer to the Corey Dauphine mystery. All he had was the highest TD per carry stat over the last two years. We'll never know what he could have done, had we had an offense built around getting him the ball in space--didn't happen with Ruse Scrum Ball, and didn't really happen under Hall.
He was obviously a very talented player. But I think he wasn't built to be a 15-20 touch per game player. He was constantly dinged up. When healthy, he could sure tote the rock.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:33 pm We"ll never know the answer to the Corey Dauphine mystery. All he had was the highest TD per carry stat over the last two years. We'll never know what he could have done, had we had an offense built around getting him the ball in space--didn't happen with Ruse Scrum Ball, and didn't really happen under Hall.
Yep. Sadly we'll never know. Hopefully he goes out on a much deserved high note.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Memphis State assistants heading to FS&U
https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/ ... 696109001/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ex Colorado HC now the DC in Memphis
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... oordinator