Gameday going to Memphis

UCF, Cincinnati, UConn, ECU, Houston, Memphis, South Florida, SMU, Temple, Tulsa
Post Reply
greenie78
Surge
Posts: 780
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:25 pm

This could have been us this year



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:52 pm

Good for them. Good for the conference. I hope they get a great crowd and that the game is a great game.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19104
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Memphis wins going away.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9355
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:56 pm
Memphis wins going away.
The way Tulsa lit Memphis up , I am not too sure about that.....Tulsa had close to 600 yards of offense, 309 passing...275 rushing...if Tulsa can throw for 305, SMU will throw for 500 ....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19104
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:56 pm
Memphis wins going away.
The way Tulsa lit Memphis up , I am not too sure about that.....Tulsa had close to 600 yards of offense, 309 passing...275 rushing...if Tulsa can throw for 305, SMU will throw for 500 ....
They caught Memphis in a perfect spot.
Coming off the blowout and looking ahead to SMU. Memphis has beaten them like a drum the last 5 straight including 63-0 a few years ago.
Last year was a little closer in Dallas but the years before Memphis scored 66 and 51pts
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 961
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:51 pm

My money is on Memphis, but hoping SMU wins.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9355
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:21 am

tpstulane wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:33 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:10 pm
tpstulane wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:56 pm
Memphis wins going away.
The way Tulsa lit Memphis up , I am not too sure about that.....Tulsa had close to 600 yards of offense, 309 passing...275 rushing...if Tulsa can throw for 305, SMU will throw for 500 ....
They caught Memphis in a perfect spot.
Coming off the blowout and looking ahead to SMU. Memphis has beaten them like a drum the last 5 straight including 63-0 a few years ago.
Last year was a little closer in Dallas but the years before Memphis scored 66 and 51pts
so much for history..in 2018 Tulane beat Memphis...and SMU has like 30 transfers from D1 PEE programs now eligible...this ain't the SMU of the last few years...but that is why they play the games.. ...and for the last two years, Tulane was within one play of beating SMU..so much for history, it won't be that close this year...but again, that is why Tulane will travel to the hill top in Big D...the good thing..Love Field is an easy drive to, and from SMU
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19104
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:55 am

Close score not indicated of the game. Memphis was up 54-32 9 minutes left in the game. SMU scored a couple of late TD’s and 2pt conversions. Final Memphis knocks off SMU 54-48.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19104
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 am

Amazing turnaround
The 10-year anniversary that shows how far Memphis football has come
https://theathletic.com/1360166/2019/11 ... ed-article
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am

tpstulane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 am
Amazing turnaround
The 10-year anniversary that shows how far Memphis football has come
https://theathletic.com/1360166/2019/11 ... ed-article
Good advice from him:

West began by telling the fans to stand up and demand more.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9355
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 am

winwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 am
Amazing turnaround
The 10-year anniversary that shows how far Memphis football has come
https://theathletic.com/1360166/2019/11 ... ed-article
Good advice from him:

West began by telling the fans to stand up and demand more.
and once they demanded more...he got fired.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8360
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 am

He told the fans to demand more at the press conference announcing he was getting fired.

BTW: Is the current Memphis coach Norvell or Novell? The writer spells his name both ways in the same article!
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 am
Amazing turnaround
The 10-year anniversary that shows how far Memphis football has come
https://theathletic.com/1360166/2019/11 ... ed-article
Good advice from him:

West began by telling the fans to stand up and demand more.
and once they demanded more...he got fired.....
Cute. Like D pointed out he'd already been fired. The point is the fans need to rattle the administrations cage if they want to achieve success.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am

DfromCT wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:57 am
He told the fans to demand more at the press conference announcing he was getting fired.

BTW: Is the current Memphis coach Norvell or Novell? The writer spells his name both ways in the same article!
It's Norvell.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 8360
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:31 am

winwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:09 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 am
winwave wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:30 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:34 am
Amazing turnaround
The 10-year anniversary that shows how far Memphis football has come
https://theathletic.com/1360166/2019/11 ... ed-article
Good advice from him:

West began by telling the fans to stand up and demand more.
and once they demanded more...he got fired.....
Cute. Like D pointed out he'd already been fired. The point is the fans need to rattle the administrations cage if they want to achieve success.
West's stating that (Memphis) should "get in or get out" went a long way. At that time they were in the middle of an extended winning streak versus Tulane. How bad does that make us look, that we couldn't beat a team that their coach admitted had no administrative support? We were losing regularly to a program that had less than we did. Way to go CowDick!

And winwave is absolutely right. Fans should demand more. Now that we (or so I hope) have an administration that recognizes that Athletics can be the "Front Porch" to the University, we should be striving for a whole lot more than Tulane ever accomplished under Eamon Kelly or Scott Cowen (Circle Jerk.) A strong Athletics Department makes the school more attractive to applicants, raises the USN&WR rankings (due to undergrad satisfaction) and gives students a healthy alternative to all the other distractions the City of New Orleans offers (though most, myself included as an undergrad, will just use the athletic events to postpone celebrating the fine nightlife of N'awlins.)
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Post Reply