McNeese BB schedule 2015-16

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
swampnik
Surge

The Cowboys at 2-9 thus far have really had good teams to play (LSU, Indiana, UCLA,Oklahoma, why can't we schedule like that), before conference and played some VERY close games in the beginning. Just lost to SFA though by about 30 in the Lumberjacks house.

http://mcneesesports.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Jonathan
Riptide

Nice to hear a positive post on Mc Neese instead of the two U La La trolls on this board.
exflash
High Tide

Guess you need to look up the UL-McNeese score!!!
ccap05
Surge

exflash wrote:Guess you need to look up the UL-McNeese score!!!
ExFlash- I did as you recommended and looked up the scores for the Lafayette/McNeese basketball games. According to what I saw UL-Lafayette won this year's contest handily while losing by a big margin last year. I asssume the point of your post is to point out that UL-Lafayette and the Cowboys from McNeese have quite the rivalry going. I see that you guys are restarting your football games against each other- is there any chance that McNeese might be looking to move up and join ULM and ULL in the SBC? The ULL and ULM rivalry also seems to be quite strong which is a good thing. Hopefully Tulane can develop into a similar situation with GaTech and Duke over the next couple of years.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
ExFlash- I did as you recommended and looked up the scores for the Lafayette/McNeese basketball games. According to what I saw UL-Lafayette won this year's contest handily while losing by a big margin last year. I asssume the point of your post is to point out that UL-Lafayette and the Cowboys from McNeese have quite the rivalry going. I see that you guys are restarting your football games against each other- is there any chance that McNeese might be looking to move up and join ULM and ULL in the SBC? The ULL and ULM rivalry also seems to be quite strong which is a good thing. Hopefully Tulane can develop into a similar situation with GaTech and Duke over the next couple of years.
Could you be a bit more patronizing?
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
e

CF- I sure hope I did not hurt your feelings. I was not being patronizing, rather I was simply stating my hopes that Tulane develops a strong rivalry with the likes of GaTech or Duke. I strongly believe that a good rivalry with a like university (such as your team has with ULM) will be beneficial for Tulane athletics and Tulane overall. For years there was something of a rivalry (at least in Tulane's mind) with LSU but Tulane has been relegated to a distant second place in the State of Louisiana.

I do apologize of taking part in the hijacking of the thread. This thread is dedicated to the McNeese Cowboys and has (with my unfortunate assistance) moved to a discussion about something totally different. I apologize for my participation in the hijacking of the thread. I find it amazingly irritating when people change the subject of a thread to their pet topics (in Jonathan's case his dislike of Lafayette, in ExFlash's case his desire to discuss Lafayette in every thread and in my case my desire to see Tulane develop strong rivalries with similar P5 schools.

So to steer the thread away from my admiration of the ULL/ULM rivalry I will point out that McNeese lost a hard fought battle last night against Houston Baptist and is hoping to bounce back agains TEX AM Corpus Christi.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
e

CF- I sure hope I did not hurt your feelings. I was not being patronizing, rather I was simply stating my hopes that Tulane develops a strong rivalry with the likes of GaTech or Duke. I strongly believe that a good rivalry with a like university (such as your team has with ULM) will be beneficial for Tulane athletics and Tulane overall. For years there was something of a rivalry (at least in Tulane's mind) with LSU but Tulane has been relegated to a distant second place in the State of Louisiana.

I do apologize of taking part in the hijacking of the thread. This thread is dedicated to the McNeese Cowboys and has (with my unfortunate assistance) moved to a discussion about something totally different. I apologize for my participation in the hijacking of the thread. I find it amazingly irritating when people change the subject of a thread to their pet topics (in Jonathan's case his dislike of Lafayette, in ExFlash's case his desire to discuss Lafayette in every thread and in my case my desire to see Tulane develop strong rivalries with similar P5 schools.

So to steer the thread away from my admiration of the ULL/ULM rivalry I will point out that McNeese lost a hard fought battle last night against Houston Baptist and is hoping to bounce back agains TEX AM Corpus Christi.
Yes, you hurt my feelings. I almost cried.

I certainly hope you get your wish that someday a P5 school similar to TUOL will stop looking down their elitst noses and recognize that there is tangible value in considering TUOL as a worthy rival. Afterall, playing in an empty football stadium, basketball arena, or baseball park isn't good for anyone, even for those who have superior average intelligence and all the money in the world to throw at athletics which is surely the case with many of TUOL's P5 peers.......but then, I'm sure you already knew that.

And while I applaud your enthusiastic interest in all things Lafayette-athletics-related and your obvious admiration of the strong rivalries we have developed with certain in-state progams, I must take this opportunity to correct what I believe is a slight misconception on your part. Few of us Lafayette fans consider ULM a rival. ULM is a humble university, operating out of humble surroundings, with a humble athletic budget in a humble conference, and a humble recent history in the state of Louisiana in regards to athletics. They just don't match our idea of a dynamic peer institution in athletics and our vision of where we wish to see Lafayette's program finally land.

I think I speak for most Lafayette fans when I say we view our true athletic rival as one with a history of success against such P5 powerhouse football programs as those found in conferences like the SEC, a team with very devoted fans even though they're few in numbers today, a team represented by an athletic department that, while often maligned by some for making some bone-headed decisions in the past, did what it had to do to find a good conference home when others were scrambling during that chaotic conference realignment period a few years ago. I've said it before and I'll say it here again, we Lafayette fans want to compete for the number 2 spot in football in Louisiana every year and the number 1 spot in all other sports and we recognize that to be successful in that goal we're going to have to battle our main rival who also aspires for that position and has all the history, assets, and desire to take that prize if they so choose. For that reason, we Lafayette fans consider LTUR as our main rival and obstacle to attaining that coveted prize.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
ccap05 wrote:
e

Yes, you hurt my feelings. I almost cried.

I certainly hope you get your wish that someday a P5 school similar to TUOL will stop looking down their elitst noses and recognize that there is tangible value in considering TUOL as a worthy rival. Afterall, playing in an empty football stadium, basketball arena, or baseball park isn't good for anyone, even for those who have superior average intelligence and all the money in the world to throw at athletics which is surely the case with many of TUOL's P5 peers.......but then, I'm sure you already knew that.

And while I applaud your enthusiastic interest in all things Lafayette-athletics-related and your obvious admiration of the strong rivalries we have developed with certain in-state progams, I must take this opportunity to correct what I believe is a slight misconception on your part. Few of us Lafayette fans consider ULM a rival. ULM is a humble university, operating out of humble surroundings, with a humble athletic budget in a humble conference, and a humble recent history in the state of Louisiana in regards to athletics. They just don't match our idea of a dynamic peer institution in athletics and our vision of where we wish to see Lafayette's program finally land.

I think I speak for most Lafayette fans when I say we view our true athletic rival as one with a history of success against such P5 powerhouse football programs as those found in conferences like the SEC, a team with very devoted fans even though they're few in numbers today, a team represented by an athletic department that, while often maligned by some for making some bone-headed decisions in the past, did what it had to do to find a good conference home when others were scrambling during that chaotic conference realignment period a few years ago. I've said it before and I'll say it here again, we Lafayette fans want to compete for the number 2 spot in football in Louisiana every year and the number 1 spot in all other sports and we recognize that to be successful in that goal we're going to have to battle our main rival who also aspires for that position and has all the history, assets, and desire to take that prize if they so choose. For that reason, we Lafayette fans consider LTUR as our main rival and obstacle to attaining that coveted prize.
I totally agree with you that a rivalry with GaTech, Duke, Vandy, etc. would be great for Tulane. At this point I don't really think it is any of those schools "looking down their elitist noses" but rather a realization that there might not be a benefit to those schools to establish such a rivalry. However, Tulane is in a good position to overcome such obstacles and in doing so may one day in the near future gain not only the rivalries that I am talking about but also membership in a P5 conference.

I assume that the University which you consider to be UL-L's rival is LaTech? I looked it up on various web sites and can't find anywhere where it goes by the initials LTUR. I believe the proper initials to use when referring to Louisiana Tech University are LaTech or LTU (see https://www.allacronyms.com/louisiana_t ... bbreviated). I assume your use of LTUR is what you consider to be a witty attempt to lessen the University by adding on a city name? It is somewhat ironic that ULL fans so desperately want to drop the official "Lafayette" after their name and at the same time try to add a decidedly unofficial (and non-existent) Ruston after the name of Louisiana Tech.

I am not personally familiar with the dynamics of the ULL/ULM or the ULL/Mcneese rivalries or the yearning of some Lafayette fans to develop a rivalry with LaTech. Most of the information I get regarding UL-Lafayette comes from the internet and the objective sources of information seem to point to a strong ULL/ULM rivalry (see for instance Wikipedia describing the "Battle of the Bayou" rivalry https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_on_the_Bayou). Likewise, McNeese/ULL rivalry (known as the "Cajun Crown") is apparently fairly intense (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun_Crown) and is going through a renewal next year. I was not aware that ULL wanted to develop a rivalry with LaTech but did find an interesting Wikipedia article noting that ULM was trying to do the same thing but that LaTech wasn't interested (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisiana ... ll_rivalry) because they were more interested in playing peer universities and did not consider the various components of the UL system to be such peers. In any event, I certainly support your aspirations to develop a rivalry with LaTech and wish nothing more than that you enjoy welcoming LaTech to Lafayette every other year and enjoy a visit to Ruston on opposite years. If that happens I can see why ULL fans would be excited.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:

I assume that the University which you consider to be UL-L's rival is LaTech? I looked it up on various web sites and can't find anywhere where it goes by the initials LTUR. I believe the proper initials to use when referring to Louisiana Tech University are LaTech or LTU (see https://www.allacronyms.com/louisiana_t ... bbreviated). I assume your use of LTUR is what you consider to be a witty attempt to lessen the University by adding on a city name? It is somewhat ironic that ULL fans so desperately want to drop the official "Lafayette" after their name and at the same time try to add a decidedly unofficial (and non-existent) Ruston after the name of Louisiana Tech.
A witty attempt to "lessen" the University by adding on a city name? Hardly. I'm a law-abiding citizen, that's all.

Now, while I agree that it's perfectly legal and acceptable for my university to brand its athletic teams as The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, do you ever see me referring to my alma mater as UL or the University of Louisiana? No, you don't. I prefer to refer to us as the Cajuns, or when I do refer to the university specifically, I use ULL, according to state law.

You are correct in that Louisiana Tech University at Ruston uses LaTech and LTU, much as ULL uses Louisiana in their athletic branding efforts, but since I adhere to state law, when using abbreviations I refer to Louisiana Tech University at Ruston as LTUR, because, well, that's their official name according to state law.
§3217. University of Louisiana System

The University of Louisiana System is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System as follows:

(1) Grambling State University at Grambling.

(2) Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.

(3) McNeese State University at Lake Charles.

(4) Nicholls State University at Thibodaux.

(5) Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches.

(6) Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond.

(7) The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

(8) The University of Louisiana at Monroe.

(9) The University of New Orleans.

(10) Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.

Added by Acts 1975, No. 313, §2, eff. July 17, 1975. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 250, §1; Acts 1992, No. 341, §1, eff. July 1, 1992; Acts 1995, No. 45, §1, eff. June 8, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 634, §1, eff. June 20, 1995; Acts 1997, No. 33, §1, eff. May 29, 1997; Acts 1997, No. 1369, §1, eff. July 1, 1997; Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 151, §1, eff. July 1, 1999; Acts 2011, No. 419, §1, eff. July 12, 2011.

https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=80675
Now, I'm probably not the researcher you are, so if you've got a link to something more substantial than Louisiana State Law (or to a website not run by the university itself) that says otherwise, I'll gladly stand corrected.
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:
ccap05 wrote:

A witty attempt to "lessen" the University by adding on a city name? Hardly. I'm a law-abiding citizen, that's all.

Now, while I agree that it's perfectly legal and acceptable for my university to brand its athletic teams as The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns, do you ever see me referring to my alma mater as UL or the University of Louisiana? No, you don't. I prefer to refer to us as the Cajuns, or when I do refer to the university specifically, I use ULL, according to state law.

You are correct in that Louisiana Tech University at Ruston uses LaTech and LTU, much as ULL uses Louisiana in their athletic branding efforts, but since I adhere to state law, when using abbreviations I refer to Louisiana Tech University at Ruston as LTUR, because, well, that's their official name according to state law.
§3217. University of Louisiana System

The University of Louisiana System is composed of the institutions under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System as follows:

(1) Grambling State University at Grambling.

(2) Louisiana Tech University at Ruston.

(3) McNeese State University at Lake Charles.

(4) Nicholls State University at Thibodaux.

(5) Northwestern State University of Louisiana at Natchitoches.

(6) Southeastern Louisiana University at Hammond.

(7) The University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

(8) The University of Louisiana at Monroe.

(9) The University of New Orleans.

(10) Any other college, university, school, institution or program now or hereafter under the supervision and management of the Board of Supervisors for the University of Louisiana System.

Added by Acts 1975, No. 313, §2, eff. July 17, 1975. Amended by Acts 1980, No. 250, §1; Acts 1992, No. 341, §1, eff. July 1, 1992; Acts 1995, No. 45, §1, eff. June 8, 1995; Acts 1995, No. 634, §1, eff. June 20, 1995; Acts 1997, No. 33, §1, eff. May 29, 1997; Acts 1997, No. 1369, §1, eff. July 1, 1997; Acts 1998, 1st Ex. Sess., No. 151, §1, eff. July 1, 1999; Acts 2011, No. 419, §1, eff. July 12, 2011.

https://legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?d=80675
Now, I'm probably not the researcher you are, so if you've got a link to something more substantial than Louisiana State Law (or to a website not run by the university itself) that says otherwise, I'll gladly stand corrected.
You are, or course, free to refer to any University by any name you chose. I have no problem referring to a University by its legal name and do not find any problem with the name being noted on the University Website. If you wish to refer to Louisiana Tech as Louisiana Tech at Ruston and Nichols State as Nichols State at Thibodaux that is your right. Pointing to a section of code which notes the location of various Universities composing the University of Louisiana System does not change the University's names any more than it elevates one component campus in the whole of the "University of Louisiana" to a position of being "The University of Louisiana". However, if you want to call any school by a name including it's location you are free to do so. I will point out that there seem to be exactly 0 other references to Louisiana Tech University being called LTUR outside of UL-Lafayette fans posting on various fanboards (the overriding need to go to other schools' fanboards and post this nonsense seems to be one requirement to be considered a true ULL fan). This, of course, is one of the ways your fan base has obtained such unique reputation. This will be my last post on this thread because I don't have any interest in getting into an endless discussion about Lafayette branding, how everyone except the true Cajun fans misunderstand Louisiana law, and the unfairness of life in general. When you guys start going off on this stuff it is funny in a sad way for awhile and then it just gets sad.
Last edited by ccap05 on Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

I'll add you to the list of those who couldn't care less about Lafayette athletics.